Getting All The Jewel Chao The HARD way.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 1 day old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CHAOKEEPER
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Getting All The Jewel Chao The HARD way.

Post by CHAOKEEPER »

Ok guys so very recently I have successfully (Almost) achieved one of my chao goals which was to get all of the Jewel Chao!
I have all of them now excpet for the Topaz one. I used no cheat codes at all I had to play Rock-Paper-Scissors like so many times it's sad, and it took me months to do this (I took a few brakes). Oh and plus my game has the glitch which occurs when you delete the main game's save file. (Which I did not knowing this would happen) It prevents the rings that you earn in the main game from transferring over to the Tiny Chao Garden. This can make it a lot more difficult to earn rings for spending, as you can then only get them from playing minigames! :no: Soooo yeah it was so very very hard. But anyway got all the chao and transferred them all to my Game Cube, but the Topaz chao NEVER EVER shows up in the tiny chao garden store so I can't buy it. Does anyone know why? I've beaten quite a few levels in the main game but no matter what I do the Topaz egg is never there. Could this be another glitch? I thought about re-starting the game but I don't want to do that really since I've gotten pretty far in the game. Any advice? :thinking:

Silver:500 Rings

Gold:1000 Rings

Ruby:5000 Rings

Sapphire:7000 Rings

Amethyst:8000 Rings

Emerald:10000 Rings

Garnet:12000 Rings

Aquamarine:14000 Rings

Peridot:16000 Rings

Topaz:18000 Rings (Missing

Onyx: 20000 Rings
" I Am a Chao Expert and I come in peace" Feel free to PM me on anything about chao I will be more then happy to help you!
http://dragcave.net/user/ZORAGON <<< See My Dragons
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Getting All The Jewel Chao The HARD way.

Post by Mamkute »

Topaz is the rarest egg to appear in the TCG. I have tried before, and although eventually successful, it was an annoying effort.
Different Jewel eggs have different rates of appearing, and Topaz is the rares, if memory is correct, something <1% chance of appearing, I think 1/3%. (This is recalled from a SA2B and TCG guide I had a ways back, which included rates of different jewel eggs appearing.)
So just keep trying, it has to happen eventually.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

I've never had this problem, I always just used the method that reset the shop (starting and leaving a game?). Just try that a few times and it should appear.
CHAOKEEPER
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by CHAOKEEPER »

Oh... I always thought that the Onyx egg was the rarest since it cost the most....well, that's interesting to know. :blink: I'll keep trying then maybe it will show up one day. Thanks for the help guys!

:darkhappy:
" I Am a Chao Expert and I come in peace" Feel free to PM me on anything about chao I will be more then happy to help you!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Hmm... well that's odd when I tried to get an Aquamarine egg it never showed up after resetting so many times (still hasn't and neither has Onyx) but, I've seen Topaz multiple times before
although I was playing on Sonic Advance 2. Maybe its different for each version (Sonic Advance 1/2,SADX,SA2:B,Pinball Party ).

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
CHAOKEEPER
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by CHAOKEEPER »

Yeah... I just have the Sonic Advance for Game boy Advance. I have never seen the Topaz and I check the store ever single time I finish a game in the tiny chao garden and I've done that like thousands of times....literally and still no Topaz egg. :darkno: Even if it had a 1% chance of showing up it should have shown up at lest once or twice but it has not. :herocry:
Drinking_Water
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: this is my Motto.

Post by Drinking_Water »

To fix the No-rings-from main game glitch:
Get 0* Rings. (In TCG)
Finish a Level (main game) with 0* Rings, then hold A, B, Start, and Select.

* = if You have 25 TCG Rings. Finish a level with 25 Rings. Just make sure the numbers are the same.

Edit: You have 999 Rings. There is a Gold Egg in shop.
You need that egg.
But if you play a Minigame/do a Level...
It will be replaced.
How to fix:
Keep the Shop open when you do a Minigame (NOT A STAGE).
When you come back, the egg will be the same!
But when you close the shop and re open it, it will say "oh noes. I has forgotten to Egg le Change". And change the egg.
:chao:
I click every Dragon/Leetle I see! :)
Zeo-san
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Zeo-san »

I believe each game cartridge is coded in a specific way to make certain egg appear to be the rarest out of all jewel eggs.

On my Sonic Advance 2, the Topaz egg pops up pretty frequently in my shop but the rarest one for me would have to be Garnet and it would take me more than 500 tries (from entering into mini-game then exiting for market reset) to make a Garnet egg appear everytime.