Bully Chao

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mercanto455
Egg
Egg

Bully Chao

Post by Mercanto455 »

About Bully Chao. How many of them exist in your garden, just asking because I used to have one, but then i had to "dispose" of it afterwards.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Re: Bully Chao

Post by krzys2 »

Bully chao does not exist , maybe existed in Beta version of Sa2b but got removed :omochao:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Mercanto455
Egg
Egg

Post by Mercanto455 »

i mean chao that attack your characters
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

Chao Attacking players is only Possible in DarkyBenji's mod pack, and in real Sa2b they can only show tongue and make sound(Like BLEH)
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Mercanto455
Egg
Egg

Post by Mercanto455 »

did you try abusing the dark chao
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

I've seen a video of a dark Chao attacking Knuckles on YouTube and have no reason to believe it's faked. I think it's alignment-specific, as in only dark can perform the action like the angry stomping (except Wacky, but he was manually made do it). It requires abuse, and I think it may have to do with power level (or rather points) as well. It's a rare animation, but most do not enjoy seeing it and want it to stop. The cure is easy: obsessively pet the Chao. Should take 130 pets to get a minimum happiness Chao to reincarnate, more for Chaos, coming when whistle, and such. I personally have never had it happen (I don't abuse, though), but the animation definitely exists and was more than likely used in the final product. It may be possible also to oddly be specific to certain versions of the game, contributing to its rarity, but it doesn't make sense why it would be (then again, the phoenix makes no sense) and there is no evidence to this even being a possibility. I'm just overthinking it; you'd think that the people that constantly abuse them over a long period of time would come up with videos more often. Its rarity is probably mostly due to the fact that if a serious player abuses a Chao, they usually don't save and see the long term/when they're adults.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
LJ DARKTHUNDER
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

Post by LJ DARKTHUNDER »

No it doesn't matter if its dark you just have to abuse your chao with that character and eventually it will come and hit you. And it does happen in SA2B.
KaneTheChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: I are evil! Rawr!

Post by KaneTheChao »

I managed to find a video of this, right here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR6ZFfnWbrw I've never seen this happen in all my years of playing this, I'm kind of surprised. :surprise:
My 3 awesome chaos chao:
Louie, :herosway: Kane, :darkblah: and Silby! :chaohappy:
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Chao will interact with the character in the garden, and what determines the Chao's actions is the Chao's feelings about the character. This is why some Chao will be very happy in one character's arms, but then want to escape the arms of another character shortly after being picked up.

The more positive interactions the character has with the Chao, like petting the Chao, the more positive reactions the Chao will make. This can include them responding to your whistle. The more negative interactions the character has with the Chao, like attacking the Chao, the more negative reactions the Chao will make. This can include the Chao running and screaming from the character.

What's different is if the Chao has neutral feelings toward a character. In Sonic Adventure, there is no special reaction. The Chao simply acts like you are a stranger. In Sonic Adventure 2, however, the Chao are raised with a sense of morality in their alignment. Neutral Chao will no doubt repeat the actions seen in Sonic Adventure, but when given a hero or dark alignment, the Chao will have a predisposition to characters on the opposite end.

The best example I can give is when a Chao shouts "Bah!" and motions at a character. This is displaying disgust. I remember Dark Chao doing it more often than other Chao, but feel like I've seen Hero Chao also do it. If I can get a hold of Mayo/SapphireChao, she might recall in more detail on this subject.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Mayo
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: Hey hey! This is SapphireChao

Post by Mayo »

Adding onto what Crazo said:

Just as we see actions of a happy Chao skipping over to you (a sign of positive relationship) this "bully" attacking animation serves as the opposite version (reaction of a negative relationship, likely to happen when they have a negative happiness value towards one character). I believe this same animation also makes the Chao follow you, much like the skipping animation. Only seen documentation of this from Dark Chao, meaning it's probably another exclusive behaviour from Dark alignments (much like the "pain" song, skull drawings and temper tantrums while standing up).

At the end of the day, if you see this behaviour, then it shows sign of an abused Chao.
JDM3
Egg
Egg

Post by JDM3 »

I remember a certain Hero Chao of mine would constantly do this to Eggman, although the two had never interacted before. She had received nothing but affection from everybody else, leading me to believe that this was more or less a trait of a spoiled Chao rather than an abused one. Like Crazo stated, it could be predisposition toward a certain alignment as well.
jfire1235
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by jfire1235 »

My beloved chao, Chaos6, did this to sonic once. I said it on the forums but nobody believed me. I was telling the truth. :cool: