Chao lovers, you shouldn't lose hope.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Re: Chao lovers, you shouldn't lose hope.

Post by StarLand »

I have some other questions to the developers of Chao World and their Chao Garden:
  • Is that playable online? (I saw, that BasicBlitz is supporting TCP/IP Networking)
  • Do this game is playable on a 4x2.3GHZ CPU with a GeForce GPU like 400 series?
  • Will this Chao Garden have more than 1 Chao Garden?
  • There exists the Chao Doc like in Sonic Adventure 2?
More questions coming soon...
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

This is really nice, keep up the good work! I look forward to playing this.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

The developers have shown me the current state of the game and it's pretty cool. The garden is huge, and combines all the other gardens together which is a nice touch. It's not means Sonic Adventure 3, but it's a really cool Chao Garden with quirky mechanics! I'll start making Chao with users of the forum once the game is out properly, and stream it if anyone's interested. I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it more but I'll see what I can do to help them out with the project!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

Nice, a dev on the game! I have a question too.
Will there be special character Chao, like Tails, Amy and Knuckles Chao? If so, will there be any new ones? :thinking:
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

A new video just came today and apparently a tester is talking about the game in general not just the chao world, but he does talk about it quite a bit describing more information about the chao world. Take a look at the video here: http://sonicworldfangame.com/ Here is what I have learned about the chao world by watching the video myself. You can now dress up your chao in many different cloths and accessories, take a look for yourself.

Dark/Swim chao
Neutral/Fly chao. Hat is called "Purple Tunic Hat" Which is (a lot of you already know this) a reference to Link from The Legend of Zelda.
Dark/Run chao or Shadow Chao and as you can see the colors are different. He also seems to have yellow eyes.

Neutral/Run chao or Sonic Chao He seems to have a Blue Tie. The tester says he was naturally born with a light blue and green color. Could this mean you can also get chao the way they looked in Sonic Adventure 1 Dreamcast? You may also notice in this picture a strange looking "Castle" in the background.

So the game is not as "complex" as sonic adventure 2 chao garden but to add up, it does have a few features that that game did not have. There will be updates to the chao world along with the game.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

Last night I was looking over the forums and found this guy claiming to be a developer of the game. The fact that a dev found a post I made on here without posting anywhere else, not even an introductory post struck me as a little odd, since it could just be someone claiming to be the dev, as anyone could claim, even myself.
Anyway, when I woke up, I played a bit of release five for a while, completely forgetting the post, until I came back. I googled the name and to my surprise, I got results, for a bunch of models from the game no less.
A while ago I sent an email asking about a few features such as 2nd evos and such and cited this website as a good source for information. I never got a response, so I'm torn between believing if this guy is real or just a user playing a joke. So far nothing has been said with any proof that wasn't in a trailer or screenshots already released.
If it actually is a dev, great I'm glad that this resource found its way to the project, and if not, well good job, you got me. I can't tell.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

If you check the credits for the game on their website, he's one of them.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^And there's nothing stopping anyone from taking someone else's web alias, using it to create an account on a site where that person doesn't have an account under that name, and claim to be that person. That said, pretending to be one of the devs for this game just to troll the handful of people around here still interested in Chao enough to care about their inclusion in this fangame seems like a lot of effort for little impact, so I'm going to give the person the benefit of the doubt that they are who they claim to be.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I traced the pictures he posted back to where they came from, which lead me to the guy's Deviantart, so I have higher much confidence in the guy.
Not 100% but, like 98%. Especially with the pointless effort that would take.

- - -
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

At least we have the peace of mind that they are probably who they claim to be now, we should probably get back on topic.

Since this is just about the sonic world chao garden in general, what do you all think of luck and intelligence stats being able to be manipulated through chaos drives now, and are you too upset about a lack of a 2nd evo, like a neutral/run/run?

Personally, I'm pretty okay with these stats being increased with chaos drives, and didn't like how they worked before.

I'm not very upset at the lack of a post-metamorphosis transformations, because several cosmetic items are included, and adding the post-metamorphosis thing later isnt entirely out of the question, as far as I know.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I'm okay with the Intelligence and Luck drives. But, I really like that you can see the stats for them.

As for the second evolutions, I can deal with it since I still find it fun just deciding on the first one.

- - -
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

chaoadventures wrote:
As for the second evolutions, I can deal with it since I still find it fun just deciding on the first one.
They'll probably add second evolution's sooner or later whether its a future update or not.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

keep in mind that the dev we have here is the ONLY modeling dev, and we have chao of 5+ kinds, with 20 or so different colors..with 20 or so accessories and 10+ fruits and toys.. thats a lot of work!
we may not even get all the colors in this update, let alone the second evolution.

If he does pull through with everything, including the second evolution, then he really is a hard worker, and thus needs a good break (even if he doesn't, he deserves a break for all that awesome work!) :)
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Yet another video just came out 2 days ago showing more about the chao garden. Take a look: https://youtu.be/u4FZrx0mRBQ

So as the video says, you can mod the chao music folder to make your very own playlist of songs to play in the chao garden. The maximum is 10. Some of you may have really cool ideas like changing the music depending on the time of day or switching up the music depending on which part of the garden your in, etc... I hope to see a lot of unique ideas with the music, i'm not even sure what I want myself.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

*cues me planning to add a truck ton of other video game music or studio killers songs.* :/
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Darksonicchao3
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Darksonicchao3 »

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:Yet another video just came out 2 days ago showing more about the chao garden. Take a look: https://youtu.be/u4FZrx0mRBQ

So as the video says, you can mod the chao music folder to make your very own playlist of songs to play in the chao garden. The maximum is 10. Some of you may have really cool ideas like changing the music depending on the time of day or switching up the music depending on which part of the garden your in, etc... I hope to see a lot of unique ideas with the music, i'm not even sure what I want myself.
gg SWR6 is amazing
I like SADX
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:I hope to see a lot of unique ideas with the music, i'm not even sure what I want myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXNAQhvxzTo
We must make up for Sonic Advance 3's lack of actual Chao Gardens.

- - -
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

Now this is actually exciting stuff!
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

Sonic world release 6 is currently out now, and you can grab it here I'll post screenshots or something within the garden. I can't wait to play

edit: i can't play right now, maybe later.
edit #2: I can review this and probably will later on youtube. as for now, if you wanna hatch the eggs, just throw them around they'll break loose eventually. The game has been completely rebalanced, and now a sort of aerial stamina thing exists, meaning characters like tails can't completely butcher time trials anymore. That said, a lot of game modes have been tweaked and balanced to be playable, like the aforementioned time trial. One thing I feel obligated to do is warn you NEVER play mach speed levels if you value your hair (and scalp). These levels are extremely stressful, to a lesser extent for honeycomb highway and far more for worst cave. Besides honeycomb highway i didnt play any of the other levels yet because i got frustrated that sonic's twin-spin attack (or instant shield) was removed, meaning the elemental shields don't work for sonic like they did in S3 S&K and S3&K.
Darksonicchao3
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Darksonicchao3 »

*insert sonic & knuckles 1-up jingle* :chaohappy:
I like SADX
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^Here you go.

This new release of Sonic World is well...
*Inhales*

Good!
Great!
AWESOME!
OUTSTANDING!
AMAZING!

naruto_chao wrote: i got frustrated that sonic's twin-spin attack (or instant shield) was removed, meaning the elemental shields don't work for sonic like they did in S3 S&K and S3&K.
On the bright side, it's much easier to map the controls for a Gamecube Controller.

Speaking of controllers, I once again, recommend using a controller for this, but it's still playable (And fun!) with a keyboard.

- - -
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

I just uploaded a video of me testing it. Here it is if you guys wanna see it: https://youtu.be/9ktpdtB0kQY (Sorry for bad quality)
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I decided to take some notes n' stuff guys.
Spoiler:
- The music files are in a folder called "ChaoMusic", there's already 6 tracks, leaving 4 leftover (Maximum of 10). The tracks are in "ogg"format so make sure to convert your songs.
Also, each song is labeled "chaoX" the "X" being the song number. Also don't use songs/loops that are like 30 minutes long, they take forever to load.

- There's one big Chao Garden now instead of 3. Makes it look really nice too!

- If you win the Chao Race (Or get 2nd or 3rd place), you get rings for winning!

- The water in the game looks awesome. It's also really intense and in large quantities, so it struggles on weaker computers (Like mine.). When you start the game it asks you if you what quality you want to play in, if you clicked low, like
me, then I suggest you do a bit of filtering with the settings to find what's best. Even if it is just to get one look at the wonderful water.

- Two-tone Normals (or whatever we'll call these ones) are Light Blue with Green highlights instead of yellow, like the Sonic Adventure Dreamcast Chao.

- Toggling name tags, puts well, floating name tags over your Chao. I find this interesting because this was done in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for the Nightopians.

- Okay, I found a glitch. in the section of the garden that looks like the Mystic Ruins Garden (I don't know if this applies anywhere else.) if you use your Stomp ("X" Key in mid-air) you die. This doesn't happen every time, but it happens
more when you're closer to the ground.

- Apparently, Chaos Drives only increase a stat bar by 1 block. Whether or not that's just my Chao, I don't know.

- With the fact that this game doesn't have a story mode, it doesn't have rising difficulty either. So, I think the best way to get rings would be to win Chao Races and Karate, since all of the levels aren't just "City Escape".

- When eaten, fruit has a chance of dropping a seed even the market bought ones. I don't know if seed grown trees die yet though.

- Black Market still has a changing selection, I saw a Chili Dog and a Mushroom for sale before and I don't see them this anymore.

- Intelligence allows you Chao to play with toys. I don't know what Luck does yet.
I've updated this like 12 times.
Last edited by chaoadventures on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- - -
Pufflehugs
Courageous Chao
Courageous Chao

Post by Pufflehugs »

*Gasp!* :herosurprise:
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Post by StarLand »

Chao World with Chao Garden is released ~1 day(s) ago!
I've I heard of it, I've downloaded it instantly.

Spoiler Alarm!
Spoiler:
There exists a lot of new features here a list (Incomplete!):
  • Black Market (Buy, Sale... hats, eggs, fruits and more)
  • Chao Karate And Race
  • Chao Transporter (Give Chao a new, or say goodbye and more you can do with that)
  • Very Big Chao Garden (A mix of Neutral and Hero and Custom (-Ideas))
My First GamePlay: https://youtu.be/jz3whHUfge0