[Livestream] Chao race Championship is now possible !

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

[Livestream] Chao race Championship is now possible !

Post by DarkyBenji »

to people who don't know what i'm talking about this is for Mooncow livestream

i found another way to do party race with 8 chao

i convert Jewel race to Party race for :
- continue the race even if Player 1 have finish the race (so the race end when all the chao finish)
- show other chao than only player 1

and it work perfectly !!
Image Image

i also made a code to change camera to different chao just by pressing keyboard number (NOT numpad number, just number)

sadly we can only boost 2 chao (for unknow reason we see 4 chao stamina, sega lazy port strike again ? maybe)
but mooncow say he will not boost chao so.. that's not a big deal for Chao race Championship

update :

i updated this code, and this time, we're ready for Chao race Championship

when you start a jewel race, 8 chao start from the top of your save (you see that with chao fusion edit) are selected and ready for race !

so all you have to do now if impot 8 chao from other player here
and start a jewel race

simple isn't it ?

*this code will be release soon when Chao race Championship begin
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: [Livestream] Chao race Championship is now possible !

Post by Mooncow »

This is excellent work and really really good for the racing competition! I'll see if Fusion can chime in with any suggestions too.
Some things discussed regarding race rules on stream - the biggest issue is differentiating raised vs modded chao.

e.g whether to have a limit of total stats spread out across all attributes? I definitely think we should stick to hand raised Chao as it would be way too easy to pick and choose stats and appearance, and will take away a lot of the fun!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Mooncow wrote:This is excellent work and really really good for the racing competition! I'll see if Fusion can chime in with any suggestions too.
Some things discussed regarding race rules on stream - the biggest issue is differentiating raised vs modded chao.

e.g whether to have a limit of total stats spread out across all attributes? I definitely think we should stick to hand raised Chao as it would be way too easy to pick and choose stats and appearance, and will take away a lot of the fun!
what do you mean by vs modded chao is gonna be the biggest issue ?

if you talk about chao made by fusion edit, then ok
but if you talk about chao that have been raise with chao world extended, that's gonna be a problem

i mean some chao will of course get banned if they use the code "disable lvl limit"
(i also put a warning long time ago that the chao is gonna be banned if tournament happen)

but what about chao with different face* ? what about chao with special color (not texture, color like light pink) ?

what about jewel chao that is possible to get a legit one with chao world extended* ?
what about GC chao convert to PC* ? and the code that show GC shiny jewel chao correctly* ?

* = compatible with vanilla version

other than that, all the other code/mod of chao world extended don't edit the chao to make them like a "modded chao"

i thinks we need more information about this :heroblink:

about limit stats do you thinks this is a good idea ?
i mean if the limit stats is 3000 then it's ok
if it's 2000, that's kinda lame for A and S chao but still ok
if it's 1000, well i thinks we're gonna get some complain somewhere...
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Yep lots to think about! By modded chao I meant more the lines of Chao that have had grades/stats edited. As for different textures and things, I haven't really thought about it! Will the Chao be compatible when transferred to a vanilla game though? And there will be the discussion of people who have raised Chao using vanilla vs people who have raised chao with mods to make fruits etc give more stats.

One thing I was thinking is just allowing completely modded chao within limits to avoid this dilemma (and hence the stat restriction) - and will also be quicker for people wanting to race chao without having to reincarnate chao over and over for grades! But to be honest, hard work should result in a better chance to win right... ? Maybe I can have a few competitions - a vanilla championship, and a modded/edited championship.

Nothing has been decided yet so we can figure this out together as a community - no one will have fun if its a race no one wants to be in! :darkno: :darkblah:
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Mooncow wrote:As for different textures and things, I haven't really thought about it! Will the Chao be compatible when transferred to a vanilla game though?
the only things that will not work on the vanilla version is : The Mixed Color
Chao world extended added more than 100 chao color in the game, to get them, you have to mate 2 chao different color to get a new color called "mixed color" (more info in the mod page)

The texture/jewel, animal chaos chao, mega evolution chao you get from chao world extended are compatible to the vanilla version of the game

Mooncow wrote:And there will be the discussion of people who have raised Chao using vanilla vs people who have raised chao with mods to make fruits etc give more stats.
on the vanilla version there's a fruit called the hero garden fruit that give 1 stamina lvl (so +25% per bite), yup that's one of the port glitched by sega, i fixed that in chao world extended
(and of course i make some fruits stronger, like candy fruit (cost 1000 rings) that give the same result of x5 fruit chao (200x5 = 1000 rings))

for modded chao (Chao with grades/stats edited) i will see if i can CATCH them and BLOCK (or NERF) them in chao race, but.. this is gonna be hard, really hard
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [Livestream] Chao race Championship is now possible ! v2

Post by DarkyBenji »

code updated, now we can race 8 chao start from the top of your save
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Post by Sim_Chao »

May have the code? In case my chao wish to race each other?

UPDATE: Sorry, jumped the gun, I just wanted to hold the first Cornerian Classic. I'll wait, if I must.