Chao Racing - SADC/SADX Comparison

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chaopa
Egg
Egg

Chao Racing - SADC/SADX Comparison

Post by Chaopa »

Hello. I am currently raising my older SADX chao again, but noticed one thing about the chao races.

I currently have an evolved chao (All Stats above 2300) and I am now getting the golden chao when I race. Back in the DC version of SA, golden chao would only appear if you had 999 in all stats and rivaled you throughout the entire race. It was exciting to see close a race could turn out and how literally one mess up from your chao could result in a loss.

I've noticed though that in SADX, the golden chao go at a MUCH slower pace in comparison to the SADC version. My chao has a run stat of 2606 and a swim stat of 2719, so when it runs, it bursts at max speed (basically how a 999 run chao would perform in SADC) now before slowing down once he is far away from the competition, and when it swims, it does the same. Whereas the golden chao race at the same pace the entire race. Mind you, they're fast, but they don't run, swim, climb, etc. at the "999 max" like they did in SADC.

Is this because my stats are not quite maxed or did golden chao get downgraded heavily in this version?

Basically I am asking if the golden chao in SADX will eventually run, swim, climb, fly at their max if your chao's stats are all also maxed.
Flutterjumpedyoshi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Do good, give good, be good!

Re: Chao Racing - SADC/SADX Comparison

Post by Flutterjumpedyoshi »

What I'm assuming is that they set all the golden Chao's stats to literally "999" on each stat, which is, in actuality, very underwhelming.
Chao and Yoshi come in a RAINBOW of colors!
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

This is a 6 month old topic but oh well I might as well post what I have here:

Stats go from 0-9999 in the Dreamcast version, but Chao Adventure only shows the first 3 numbers.

There's two sets of races in the Dreamcast version: Jewel and Beginner.

Jewel Races give you medals for winning and have all the opponent chao at a fixed stat range (somewhere around 2000 I think, it's very low considering around 5000 is where the running animation changes to the faster one), whereas the Beginner races have chao with skills proportional to what your Chao has. (Eg. If you have a chao with 7000 in each skill, the opponent chao will also have around 7000 in their skills)

When you win all 4 Jewel Races, you'll unlock the Emerald course. If you beat the Emerald course, not only will your Chao get a medal but the beginner races will be permanently changed:

The Beginner races will change in that they will begin to include chao that have 9999 in every stat. This happens in any race after beating the Emerald course in the Jewel Races, not just the Chao that beat the races.

The chao that gets used though depends on your chao's stats:
0-8999: Chaclon
9000-9998: Silver Chao
9999: Gold Chao

The only difference (aside from there only being one Chaclon and 7 Gold/Silver chao) is how much of a head start they give you.
Chaclon waits at the starting line for awhile before running.
The Silver Chao briefly fall asleep shortly after starting the race.
The Gold Chao don't give any head starts and run like normal chao do.

So pretty much "Beginner Race" is really misleading considering after your Chao's skill levels pass that of the Jewel Race Chao they're actually a lot harder to win. (And includes a lot of luck, because it's not just a matter of having high skills like it usually is)

PS: Child Chao always crawl in the races no matter how high their run skill is. Adult Chao perform normally though.

There's also 8 slots for opponent chao but only 7 get used because you can't get into a race without entering at least one Chao.
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

Yep. A crawling chao with maxed run stat is actually faster than a running one, too. Not that it's possible without cheating.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

Also this is more to do with the animals but theoretically a speedrun of SA1's chao system could be much faster than SADX because the blue animals give 100 points to a random stat.

Since the Jewel race chao are around 2000 (I think) in skill, assuming the skills are right you might be able to beat all the jewel races using a pretty small amount of animals compared to what the later games demand.

Also you don't need to beat the beginner races to get to the Jewel ones in SA1, so.
Chaopa
Egg
Egg

Post by Chaopa »

+100 for every one blue animal given? Or +100 for every random amount given?

This makes me think I should just farm blue animals to max out faster.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

+100 on a random stat for every blue animal given.