Okay, let's say that Chao did come back.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Okay, let's say that Chao did come back.

Post by retrolinkx »

Haha, I know right?

But let's say for a second that Sega did the impossible and brought the little blighters back for another go at this current gen. Besides the boost in users this site would get, what would you like to see happen with the Chao?

It can be anything from improvements to breeding, raising and even homages to the old gardens in the new game.

Personally, I would like if the amount in a garden could be increased. 8 is cool, but imagine having 20 or something all in the gardens. I usually used to keep my favourite in the Hero garden, and since I was only allowed 8 a lot had to go into the Neutral when I wanted to keep that a sort of "raising" ground as opposed to just messing around with the ones in the Hero garden.

I would also like to see some more gardens, Hero, Dark and Neutral were great but wouldn't it be really interesting to see some specific character with a garden, like Sonic or even a level specific one such as how they did it in the original Sonic Adventure.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Chao types, but even then I'm not sure what they could add onto the 6 types they have, unless they allowed for triple stat chaos, that'd add to the raising for sure.

I'd also like to see the mini games, like the races and karate be expanded, as well as some more added. Not sure what they could add onto it, but it would be fun to see some changes.

I'd definitely give it a try if it ever came out, hell I may even attempt to raise them again.

How about you guys?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Okay, let's say that Chao did come back.

Post by chaoadventures »

Instead of linking to the two previous versions of this topic (that all came this year nonetheless), instead, I'll quote what I said the first time.
chaoadventures wrote:I think there should be...
Spoiler:
A new Chao Daycare, Chao Laboratory and BBS official affiliation with Chao Island, and Online Black Market. ("Online Black Market" sounds even shadier.)
These would all function like they did before, and the Black Market would have more exclusive, rare stuff, like a Tails Chao.
If they bring Themes back as well, they could also put those in there too. (I feel like I have spoken of so many illegal things.)

Also, let's make that inventory store everything you buy when your Garden is full. I want to get that Pan before it leaves the shop again.

More body-gear. Not just hats. I want to give my Chao a bandana like the Shop Chao in Sonic Riders and other stuff like that.

How about that unused, head decapitating pacifier, huh? How about making that an actual item?

The unused Chao Playground. Finish all of your work for once Sonic Team.

More Chao per Garden/More than 3 gardens.

More special looking Chao in general, like Character Chao, but they don't look like a specific character, they just look cool.

Mini Games that give you rings for playing them but don't have as horrible payouts as the Tiny Chao Garden ones.

Keep not using the SA1 Chao Race system. I still don't know why my Chao still can't swim when it can swim in the Garden. And why it actually starts swimming midway and then stops. (I mean really.)

Super Duper Rank Chao Karate. Because can.

Chao Karate divisions that make it better to focus in one stat than the others.
Stuff from Chao World Extended that I think would fit nicely:
Spoiler:
Chao Karate give medal

Normal Chao can make Color Chao.

Mixing Chao colors

Lucky Chao

Dynamic Lifetime

Chao can drown

Bully Chao

Hunger's difficult

More sick Chao (Y'know, Chao almost never get sick.)

Chao attention

Better Chao personality

AI Evolution

More chao animation (Naturally)
Also,
retrolinkx wrote:Personally, I would like if the amount in a garden could be increased. 8 is cool, but imagine having 20 or something all in the gardens. I usually used to keep my favourite in the Hero garden, and since I was only allowed 8 a lot had to go into the Neutral when I wanted to keep that a sort of "raising" ground as opposed to just messing around with the ones in the Hero garden.
This happens to be what I think is one of the best parts of Darky's Chao World Extended mod. You can have 16 chao in the Hero and Dark garden.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Rouce
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rouce »

More Chao interactions. Playing soccer or watching TV together was nice and all. But it really was lacking, same applies to their possible actions. This is how it should be in the new Chao Garden:

Make them more like living beings that have their own personality and acknowledge each other as friends/rivals/playing partners. :chaohappy:
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

chao adventure on smartphones/smartwatches/handheld consoles. it's the next logical step up from the VMU
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

More activities for the chao to do, for sure -- both in the garden, and in the vein of karate and races as well.

imagine chao basketball for a second
Rouce
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rouce »

Prince Ricard wrote:imagine chao basketball for a second
:darkhappy: :herosway: :chaohappy:

Chaos approve.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I just see a bunch of dark chao cheating.

- - -
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Rouce wrote:More Chao interactions. Playing soccer or watching TV together was nice and all. But it really was lacking, same applies to their possible actions. This is how it should be in the new Chao Garden:
Spoiler:
Make them more like living beings that have their own personality and acknowledge each other as friends/rivals/playing partners. :chaohappy:
this is exactly what i'm working on for months,
DarkyBenji wrote:
CitrusCat wrote:OK, that's good! But wow, 1,920 Chao... That's a LOT, lol

Also, I noticed something that I thought I'd point out...
When two Chao are talking, one of the Chao loses its hit detection. In other words, you can walk right through it, and the camera can clip inside of the Chao. It goes back to normal once the Chao are done talking, though. I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed, but I thought I'd tell you about it anyway. It's not that big of a deal, at least; it's just a little bit odd.
well the "talk chao" action is on beta, so some glitch or odd stuff can happen, i'm still working on it to make the best chao interaction, some people dream about it.

because talk chao are actually a "preview" of friends chao you can see in beta picture
Spoiler:
so far i did chao talk to eachother, chao attack to other chao, chao defend the other chao, chao shake tree when there are hungry, and of course more little animation added like chao can move while crying

can be better in the next update, i just need time
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

So many things. Assuming this is to serve the same role as previous chao gardens (not some phone app or Tiny Chao Garden equivalent) and is on some hypothetical good Sonic Adventure 3 (since we already are in amazing fantasy land) and is an appropriate level of advanced for today. Some things have already been stated, more thoroughly than I will, but I am going to list anyway:
Spoiler:
*More interactions between chao. Chao friends and even jealousy, as had been rumored so long ago, would be really cool. And just playing together, beyond running after a ball or watching TV.
*Gardens I would prefer to be location based (like SA1, as previously mentioned) so it is easier to come up with more than 3 possible gardens. I guess you could also have Hero, Dark, and then location based as well. Bigger gardens, too, and probably more use for stat-learned abilities.
*Like SA1, findable eggs in some sort of overworld or levels. It is a great way of getting Jewel, and possibly new other kinds, of chao. The puzzles in SA1 were pretty cool, but all really easy.
*On that topic, new kinds of colors for chao! We have enough colors, and shinies, and jewels are all good, and I like breeding for weird transparent stuff, but what about darker chao, to contrast shinies? Or other less lame things (I don't know, I am brain storming here.) And probably new Jewel types (we are missing a Jewel white, and Jewel yellow equivalent.)
*New genetics! I would flip out for ability to get two-tone Jewel chao. And more complexities for shiny jewel chao would be cool.
retrolinkx wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing more Chao types, but even then I'm not sure what they could add onto the 6 types they have,
6? Are you counting Chaos chao? Anyway, I wouldn't mind them sticking with the same stats, but I could see the benefits. Making intelligence or luck like other stats could do this. Otherwise, I am not too sure either.
*More complexity in second evolutions (which is easily accomplished by implementing more stat based evolutions) and generally making them more apparent (in some cases.)
*Probably having evolutions occur sooner. 15 hour chao lifespans, 13 of which the chao is not looking like the second evolution you want is a bit much.
*More control over your chao in races and karate (and other things.) Instead of sitting back and casually pressing A, thinking about controlling the chao as you fight! Or run along the course.
*I really like the idea of stat-focused karate. Chaoadventures is also full of other good ideas.
*And I know DarkyBenji is in a separate realm of doing things like this, making his own awesome new chao garden mechanics.
Anyway, I am out of ideas for now, but I am fairly sure I have many more ready for later.
Rouce
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Rouce »

DarkyBenji wrote:this is exactly what i'm working on for months,
Ah, the Chao World Extended mos dev. :D

Sounds pretty promising alongside the already existing features like 2P splitscreen and the different gardens. Keep up the good work!

Mayve I'll someday buy a copy of SA2B on Steam just to play the game in HD and check your mod out.
Mamkute wrote:*Like SA1, findable eggs in some sort of overworld or levels. It is a great way of getting Jewel, and possibly new other kinds, of chao. The puzzles in SA1 were pretty cool, but all really easy.
Yep, I would enjoy if getting the Jewel eggs (which would open the opportunity of getting Shiny Jewels) would be gated behind some progression. Finding it in a secret area of a level, collecting a certain amount of emblens or getting it for beating a certain challenge. Adds a lot of playability length.
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

Honestly

At this point I'm kinda expecting SEGA to release "CHAO GARDEN GO", where you walk around and collect animals and chao eggs at "GARDENS" that you can use to raise your chao and such.
Essentially they're going to try to cash in on Pokemon GO after the hype train has already set sail.
pinta77
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Check out my YouTube
Location: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfEZGE ... WVMUMr6k7w

Post by pinta77 »

I want to see a new Chao Garden with more stuff to do, replay-ability, online features (multiplayer), more available characters in the garden or different ones. Honestly, I'm so sick or Rouge...

Also, this is weird... but what if they added Chao Garden onto a different sega game that wasn't Sonic... think about it. Sega can do whatever they want. Chao are separate enough from the Sonic story so they could add it on to another Sega game and it might work... Think about it. Chao Garden on Monkey Ball, or Chao Garden on Phantasy Star.... maybe even Crazy Taxi... Idk... Imagine B.D. Joe raising a Chao...
JamminNekoSoaper
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL!!!! O(≧▽≦)O

Post by JamminNekoSoaper »

I wanna see chao in an open world Sonic game where they look more grown up (slim & slender like Veenom from Digimon) & the hero chao can be found in the sky surrounded by clouds on a floating island like Angel Island while the neutral chao are in a hidden santuary on the ground with dark chao underground in a hole or cave.

That would be totally super special awesome to the max with EPICSAUCE on top!!

If only SEGA would stop with all the failed experiments & go back to Sonic's roots when he was like a break dancer in a band with his devil may care attitude~

:herosway:
:walkto:
:darkblah:
YOWHAHOWOOHOOHOORAYYAHOOYEEHAWYIHAWWEE~
Image Image
AAAAAWYEAH!! PARTYY HARDYYYY!!!! (\^w^)/ ° \(^w^/)
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

JamminNekoSoaper wrote:If only SEGA would stop with all the failed experiments & go back to Sonic's roots when he was like a break dancer in a band with his devil may care attitude~

You sir (or whatever), have a deal.

Except the Adventure games were made in a time where Sonic started going away from his supposed "roots" (Case in point being his "Modern" redesign.) so that's a tad too far from making chao come back.

- - -
JamminNekoSoaper
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: SHAKE, RATTLE & ROLL!!!! O(≧▽≦)O

Post by JamminNekoSoaper »

chaoadventures wrote:Except the Adventure games were made in a time where Sonic started going away from his supposed "roots" (Case in point being his "Modern" redesign.) so that's a tad too far from making chao come back.
Well Sonic in the adventure series still had that devil may care attitude (especially in SA2) & in his pic's he looked like he was jammin out to the games music. Also if were counting mods his Sib Manic made some sweet moves in SA1~

Since SEGA's making Sonic Mania to bring him back to his roots & they hired that famous retro hacker Whitehead for it then maybe they'll finally listen to more fans & make a Sonic game with a chao garden again!! :chaohappy:
YOWHAHOWOOHOOHOORAYYAHOOYEEHAWYIHAWWEE~
Image Image
AAAAAWYEAH!! PARTYY HARDYYYY!!!! (\^w^)/ ° \(^w^/)
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Fair enough.

- - -
zowiethehedgehog
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: SADX and SA2B nostalgia never ends

Post by zowiethehedgehog »

I'd like to get the character chao legitimately- I'd love a Knuckles or Amy Chao! Also maybe more accessories for the chao? A bigger choice of hats for example. And bigger more expansive gardens- I run out of space for chao pretty fast! :walkto: :darkhappy: :sway:
:omochao: Hi I'm Omochao! I'm here to bug- I mean help you!
:no: his hearts in the right place I guess...