Tiny Chao Garden DX for PC! [0.3.1]

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Tiny Chao Garden... for PC!

Post by ChillyChao »

I hope this is availible to download soon, i really want to play it!
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Eru
Motto: bread

Post by Eru »

Looking great! I'm glad it's coming out well.
I've got the Tiny Chao Garden sounds here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzljj9xyawh9j ... s.rar?dl=0
Hope this helps! If you need anymore help with anything I'll be around.
Edit: If this isn't allowed to be posted on the forums please let me know!
mooncow smells
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

This project looks very well-done from all the screenshots I've seen so far! I was starting to think this was kinda being dropped, and because of this, I kinda wanted to work on a TCG remake as well, but include it in a project called Tiny Chao World, where it would basically have remakes of Chao Adventure 1 and 2, and the Tiny Chao Garden, and more! But since this project isn't dropped, I would be glad try to help this project out with say, the coding of the Tiny Chao Garden. I'm beginning to dig deep into the coding of the Tiny Chao Garden, and figuring out what each byte does, how and when they change, and whatnot. So I can probably help this project to mimic the actual Tiny Chao Garden games!
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Domobot »

Erubbu wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 am Looking great! I'm glad it's coming out well.
I've got the Tiny Chao Garden sounds here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzljj9xyawh9j ... s.rar?dl=0
Hope this helps! If you need anymore help with anything I'll be around.
Edit: If this isn't allowed to be posted on the forums please let me know!
It definitely helps for now! I think there a few sounds missing, though- the Chao jumping into the pool and the transport tube sucking the Chao up, I think?
UltimaNumber255 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm This project looks very well-done from all the screenshots I've seen so far! I was starting to think this was kinda being dropped, and because of this, I kinda wanted to work on a TCG remake as well, but include it in a project called Tiny Chao World, where it would basically have remakes of Chao Adventure 1 and 2, and the Tiny Chao Garden, and more! But since this project isn't dropped, I would be glad try to help this project out with say, the coding of the Tiny Chao Garden. I'm beginning to dig deep into the coding of the Tiny Chao Garden, and figuring out what each byte does, how and when they change, and whatnot. So I can probably help this project to mimic the actual Tiny Chao Garden games!
That's cool. If there's anything I need from there, I'll let you know. Also, I was considering adding a recreation of Chao Adventure somewhere down the line, so we'll see where that goes :wink:
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Domobot »

Work on the card matching game is almost complete. With an actual way to earn rings, I think I might be able to make some kind of release soon! So far the matching game is essentially the same, but I've yet to implement the Chao running around, although I might keep it that way for this release. I also have a few more Chao actions I'd like to implement before then. Also also...
A look at the games inventory! Originally I was going to go with arrows to scroll through them, but I think instead you'll access all the games on a separate screen (via the folder) and pick out your favorites to add to the hotbar.
Eru
Motto: bread

Post by Eru »

Domobot wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:17 am Work on the card matching game is almost complete. With an actual way to earn rings, I think I might be able to make some kind of release soon! So far the matching game is essentially the same, but I've yet to implement the Chao running around, although I might keep it that way for this release. I also have a few more Chao actions I'd like to implement before then. Also also...
A look at the games inventory! Originally I was going to go with arrows to scroll through them, but I think instead you'll access all the games on a separate screen (via the folder) and pick out your favorites to add to the hotbar.
That looks fantastic so far, congrats on the progress! Loving the games inventory, Ive only ever played Sonic Advance 1's games so trying out the others will be neat.
Swimming seems to be Pull.wav first jumping into the water, and Shuffle.wav when actually swimming/struggling to swim. As for the transport tube sucking the chao up, I dont quite remember the noise for that, its been a while :sway: maybe hatch.wav? Im not sure about the tube, but swimming should be accurate.
mooncow smells
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Domobot »

Erubbu wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:08 pm
That looks fantastic so far, congrats on the progress! Loving the games inventory, Ive only ever played Sonic Advance 1's games so trying out the others will be neat.
Swimming seems to be Pull.wav first jumping into the water, and Shuffle.wav when actually swimming/struggling to swim. As for the transport tube sucking the chao up, I dont quite remember the noise for that, its been a while :sway: maybe hatch.wav? Im not sure about the tube, but swimming should be accurate.
Thanks!

Pull is definitely used for the initial splash, but there's a unique sound as the Chao jumps into the pool. Also, after some testing with the ol' Gamecube, I can confirm that there's a sound for the tube attaching to the garden and a 'woosh' as a Chao is sucked in.
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden DX for PC!

Post by Domobot »

Heads up- an early version is finally available for testing! Check out the first post!
AmberZeChao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: SCREE!

Re: Tiny Chao Garden DX for PC! [0.1.1]

Post by AmberZeChao »

Other than the slight issues you already stated with the release of the early testing version, it seems to be quite functional so far! Exported the chao I started with and imported an existing one just fine. Didn't get the chao stuck in a place in the garden yet, and the card match game works great. I like how you can get a look at the chao's grades, and how it's not just a remake of the tiny chao garden but adds so much more, even if it is a work in progress. Good luck, and I'll edit my post if I come across any other issue.
Mandymom
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Mandymom »

There's a pretty nasty bug in which if you run out of all your rings, then you can't earn any more of them.
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Domobot »

AmberZeChao wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:08 pm Other than the slight issues you already stated with the release of the early testing version, it seems to be quite functional so far! Exported the chao I started with and imported an existing one just fine. Didn't get the chao stuck in a place in the garden yet, and the card match game works great. I like how you can get a look at the chao's grades, and how it's not just a remake of the tiny chao garden but adds so much more, even if it is a work in progress. Good luck, and I'll edit my post if I come across any other issue.
Thanks for trying it!
Mandymom wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 am There's a pretty nasty bug in which if you run out of all your rings, then you can't earn any more of them.
Oof, yeah. Got that patched up now, thanks for catching it!
As a consolation, press 'D' and click on the ring for a gift :>

Another bug I found was that you can't actually put fruit down in the garden, but that'll also be fixed in the next release. Along with...!
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden DX for PC! [0.2.0]

Post by Domobot »

Happy Halloween! There's a not-too-spooky update available with a couple of new features and changes. Make sure to read that warning!
AmberZeChao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by AmberZeChao »

Ah, Happy Halloween to you too! I used a bit of time to play for a bit, and noticed an interesting little 'event' that happened with my chao. She tripped at least 3 times in a single sequence, repeating the animation that many times anyway. I didn't see anything else weird that happened other than that, but it was pretty amusing.
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Domobot »

AmberZeChao wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm Ah, Happy Halloween to you too! I used a bit of time to play for a bit, and noticed an interesting little 'event' that happened with my chao. She tripped at least 3 times in a single sequence, repeating the animation that many times anyway. I didn't see anything else weird that happened other than that, but it was pretty amusing.
That's definitely not intentional! I'll have that fixed up.

In other news, I've started things on the Janken minigame. I've been having some thoughts on changing an element or two, however. My first consideration is how your Chao just kind of hangs around in the middle of the board. I'm thinking if you fire your shot directly through your Chao, your Chao could randomly change it to one of the other signs (paper=> scissors or rock, etc.). Although the only shot that could reach your Chao is the center one... I'll have to give it more thought.

Another idea is the inclusion of a fourth sign- a bomb! This shot can take out any card it comes in contact with, and it also has a small radius. Seeing as it's pretty powerful, it would be exceedingly rare, but it's chances of appearing could be given a slight boost if your Chao has a high mood before entering the game.
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: Tiny Chao Garden DX for PC! [0.3.1]

Post by Domobot »

Tiny update is up- you can now play Chao Janken!
RGamesOffical
Egg
Egg
Motto: Welcome to the world of RGaming.

Cool!

Post by RGamesOffical »

I'm programming something similar on SmileBASIC for my 3DS! :surprise:
AmberZeChao
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by AmberZeChao »

Seems great so far. I came across a small bug where the chao was wandering around towards the patch of bushes, then suddenly started spazzing in one spot. It got stuck, so I had to reset it's position.
Once again, I'll edit my post if I come across any other bug.

EDIT: Found a bug in Chao Janken. I got to about round three when something happened and the middle card was gone, even though I hadn't lost any cards yet. I went through the game as normal, and ended up getting into a situation where RNG was not on my side, and I was forced to sacrifice cards. Now the interesting thing, and I'll try to explain as best as I can since I didn't record this, is that I shot a hand card, but for some reason the hand was deflected by the rock card? It might have been a wrong move by me since I was too confused to fully pay attention, though when I ran completely out of cards the game did not end until the timer went off.
Running out of cards and the game not ending until timer going off is a bit of a reoccurring issue, but it doesn't happen every time. Other small glitches like not losing the right amount of cards, or still having a card remaining even though I've ran out have happened throughout the games I've played so far.
Starry Finita
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Be yourself!!

Predicted final version date??

Post by Starry Finita »

At this point, what is the predicted release date for the final version?? Also, glad you're working on it again!!
Domobot
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Domobot »

AmberZeChao wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:54 pm Seems great so far. I came across a small bug where the chao was wandering around towards the patch of bushes, then suddenly started spazzing in one spot. It got stuck, so I had to reset it's position.
Once again, I'll edit my post if I come across any other bug.

EDIT: Found a bug in Chao Janken. I got to about round three when something happened and the middle card was gone, even though I hadn't lost any cards yet. I went through the game as normal, and ended up getting into a situation where RNG was not on my side, and I was forced to sacrifice cards. Now the interesting thing, and I'll try to explain as best as I can since I didn't record this, is that I shot a hand card, but for some reason the hand was deflected by the rock card? It might have been a wrong move by me since I was too confused to fully pay attention, though when I ran completely out of cards the game did not end until the timer went off.
Running out of cards and the game not ending until timer going off is a bit of a reoccurring issue, but it doesn't happen every time. Other small glitches like not losing the right amount of cards, or still having a card remaining even though I've ran out have happened throughout the games I've played so far.
The Chao getting stuck is just me being lazy and using Game Maker's default collision checking. I'll probably be working on replacing that soon enough. Also, the Janken issues... I thought I had all that tested pretty thoroughly- I don't recall getting any instance of not getting cards back, aside from early on- but I guess I'll have to give it a look.
josedanielsteller wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:57 am At this point, what is the predicted release date for the final version?? Also, glad you're working on it again!!
Uh... there's no real prediction right now. I'm just working on this when I find time and a lot of what I want to do with it tends to be in flux.

As for what's going on right now... not much, truth be told! I've been in kind of a slump since wrapping up Chao Janken (or so I thought), and while I do intend to get back to it, stuff's kinda been in the way. Holiday shenanigans, recent addiction to Stardew Valley, Smash Bros. right around the corner... The real icing on the cake is Tumblr's recent crackdown on anything even mildly NSFW, sending me (and heaps of other artists) into a tizzy looking for new social media outlets, so there's that. But have plans to get back on this real soon!
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

If you want me to add this to the Chao Island Downloads section, drop me a message on Discord: HippoTank#3958
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Sonicjan
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sonicjan »

Are you still working on this? :thinking: :chaohappy:
Sonicjan
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sonicjan »

It would be really sad, if you stopped working on this...

Do you maybe have a Patreon-Account? In order to help the project, I would gladly spend a few bucks a month ^-^
Chaogamer
Egg
Egg

Post by Chaogamer »

:herosway: this is great :herosway: :herosway:
Chaogamer
Egg
Egg

Post by Chaogamer »

but how do i add more minigames?
DarkChao404
Egg
Egg

Post by DarkChao404 »

:darksurprise: Woah! I just found this and it looks cool!