My weird chao!

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Brebe
Egg
Egg

My weird chao!

Post by Brebe »

So, it's been a while since I've played this game, but I decided to pick it up not too long ago and start with a new save. I have nearly all three gardens filled with all S chao, and they're all chaos chao. All Various colors, I even have a chart of who I bred who with, what their grades and colors were, Yada yada things like that. ANYWAY, I went into my garden with some heart fruit to get some baby chao from my last two all S non immortal chao before they reincarnated one last time, and a white chao popped out.

I was confused because what??? The only chao that had been in the entire gene pool wee Gray chao, Yellow chao, normal original chao, and a two toned original gray chao or two toned original yellow chao mix. None of them were white chao, so I was surprised. I named him Mrshmlo since Marshmallow wouldn't fit in the name box, and went to bed and woke up in the morning to continue breeding them. Soon enough, another white chao came out. I named him Frosty.

I made Mrshmlo into a hero chao, and as we all know, monotone chao don't change color in accordance to Hero or Devil traits like the original and two toned chao do. Mrshmlo stayed white, and eventually evolved. Mrshmlo evolved before Frosty for obvious reasons.

I decided to turn Frosty into a devil chao, since I already had a white hero chao (Mrshmlo). I entered the garden as Shadow and pet Frosty over and over, but I noticed he was getting a pink tone?? Confused, I kept petting him and feeding him and soon enough he ended up BRIGHT BRIGHT RED.

Remember, Mrshmlo and Frosty were both born entirely single toned white chao!

Mrshmlo and Frosty are both two toned chao, but somehow ended up white when they hatched even though there was no white genetic in their "bloodline".

Before Frosty evolved though, I wanted to see if he'd go back to being white once neutral, so I could show my elder brother. He didn't believe me that the chao was originally white, so I wanted to show him. But once I completely reversed the dark trait process, he turned a purplish blue!

I furthered the progress, and he turned completely white as a Hero trait chao, just like Mrshmlo. I decided to return Frosty to the red devil trait chao.

I'm really excited to see what color Mrshmlo and Frosty will be when they turn into Chaos chao. I think they're really unique!

What are your weird unique chao that you've come up with?? :wink:
Last edited by Brebe on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
:darkcool: >>>where is my sa3<<< :darkno:
100% tired all the time, life is better with chao
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: My weird chao!

Post by ChillyChao »

That's super weird....
My weirdest Chao are just normal Chao. Skurb and JNY JNY.
JNY JNY is probably the weirder one, since his name means "Johny Johny" based on that weird kids video.
Why are they weird? They're Bright Chao. That's it.
Not really weird, but they're pretty cool.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

You have found a monotone normal Chao! A pretty iconic, only kind of weird chao.

The chao we get in the gardens at the start are two-tone normal. And yes, "normal" is a color. These are the monotone versions of those chao- that means that the chao is one color*, but that color is determined by the evolution that it is in. At birth it is pure white. All Hero chao (and all Chaos Chao) are also just white. But Neutral and Dark evolutions are pretty cool. (And the tell tale way to be sure a chao is monotone normal, rather than monotone white, is to make it dark aligned, and see if the pink color starts appearing.)

Here is a gallery of them in all evolutions (pardon the large watermark.)
https://imgur.com/a/43T0K

*Technically the chao's whole body isn't monotone- each body part (head, tail, feet, etc.) is monotoned and determined separately. Generally all body parts are the same color, but there are some exceptions, seen here:
https://chao.hippotank.com/forum/viewto ... 32&t=47946
Brebe
Egg
Egg

Post by Brebe »

So, with Frosty and Mrshmlo, they had another baby chao while I was trying to raise another immortal! I found, though, that with this weird white monotone chao (like you said), if it gains stamina, it neutral state turns blue-ish purple, but it's hero state turns pure white and it's devil state turns bright red (like Frosty and Mrshmlo)!! This is so interesting to me, I've never had a chao like this before! :thinking: :chaohappy:
I'm glad there's a bit more about it, I was so confused to have ended up getting that white chao when it's entire gene pool was practically only about gray and yellow chao
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Yeah, as you noticed, and can see from the evolved Neutral Normal chao picture, even though the chao is born pure white, even if you don't do any alignment changes or give any animals/drives, the chao will gradually become sky blue-ish.

Kind (more opposite) of how a two-tone white chao at birth looks identical to a normal two-tone, but its Neutral/Normal evolution is very much not like a normal chao's.

Monotone normal chao are pretty hard to get, since the normal color is a recessive gene- if a chao has one normal color gene, and another other colored gene, it will be that second color. Getting a monotone normal chao therefore requires some good luck with breeding (simplest way of getting it requires two generations of chao, and has a 1/8 chance.)
Brebe
Egg
Egg

Post by Brebe »

That's so cool! as of now, my two monotones just keep popping out eggs and I don't know what to do with them! Their babies are just like them in color, with all S's too. It's gotten to the point where I have to get rid of them because I have no room! I'm trying to get as many color varieties of all S chaos chao that I can fit in these three gardens (I'm on the GameCube version and only have one memory card at the moment, so I can't transfer them to another one. I don't have a gba either :chaocry: ), and with them just makin white monotone babies, I gotta keep getting rid of them and it makes me sad hahaha. I have such a deep gene pool with them though, but I have all of the colors and grades of the past chao written down. I had to keep breeding to get their grades up. Once I fill my gardens completely, I'm gonna level them up max and maybe start over my gardens, since there's more colors and combos of chao than you can have in these three gardens. Thank you so much for all the info! This is a great site, I'm so glad I found it!
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

That's cool.

My weirdest chao was a Shiny monotone normal (Sorry, I have no pictures) with stat grades: SDBEA.

I named her Nami. My cousin decided to jump on her repeatedly. She died. I'm still mad at my cousin for doing that.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
ElectricKoatHanger
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: #Kony2012

Post by ElectricKoatHanger »

Actually, depending on the version of the game your playing, you could either have a bright chao or, as people have stated above, a monotone normal chao. If you're playing the PS3, XBox360, or PC/Steam versions of SA2, you've probably got a bright chao.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

I first stumbled upon the Mono-Tone Normal myself for the first time a few years ago, when I bred a Two-Tone Normal with a Mono-Tone Blue that was originally bred from another Two-Tone Normal and Mono-Tone Blue, so it's what you get when you manage to get the Mono-Tone tone, but the Normal color. I'm pretty sure that based off of this, you can only end up with one with Chao that were already bred for, as breeding any non-bred or store bought Mono-Tone with a starter Two-Tone only results in either another Two-Tone of either color, or a Mono-Tone of the parent that was a Mono-Tone, and they'd have the same color rather than the Normal color.

(Unrelated, but FIRST POST OF 2019! Happy New Year, everyone!)
Mztable
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Emulation is the key to techs past.

Post by Mztable »

How odd.
:heroblink: :omochao:
Liliawinx
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Chao are the cutest beings ever

Post by Liliawinx »

I have a Chao that was born from a base Chao and blue Chao and was born white before becoming pink by evolving into neutral fly. Apparently, it's a base monotone Chao.