Coloured tones?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chaos soda
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: "Primal Venom"

Coloured tones?

Post by Chaos soda »

I used to think the system worked like that. Like you could breed a white chao with an orange chao and end up with an orange with white tips. I think this would be cool and would bring a whole new level to the variety bringing the known chao count up from 82 to 1148 personality I was sad when I realized that the orange white toned chao that I had been excited to get for so long would never happen, but I want to see what everyone else thinks about this
“Sonic shot Eggman in the face for being evil, and grew a beard so he could impersonate him“ - https://talktotransformer.com
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Coloured tones?

Post by Mamkute »

I agree, having color-tone mixing would have been an awesome feature. I can see how it would be very hard to implement, since so many evolutions have certain color features already that are present (like how two-tone dark chao are almost universally black base with highlights of their actual color.)

Maybe it would have been too many different types of Chao.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Coloured tones?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^I don't know, I can think of a way it could be done fairly simply.

Monotone:
normal/normal are the monotone normal we're familiar with.
colorA/colorA or colorA/normal are the monotone color chao we're familiar with.
colorA/colorB are Monotones whose color is the mixture of the two color alleles(e.g. red/white makes pink, though not necessarily the same pink as the pink/pink or pink/normal monotone).

Two-Tone:
normal/normal are the normal two-tones we're familiar with.
ColorA/colorA look monotone
ColorA/normal either have a base color that changes like a monotone normal and markings that are always colorA or colorA as base color and markings that change color(I never bred a colored two-tone, so I'm not sure but I think the latter might be the two-tones we're familiar with).
colorA/colorB One color is used as base color, the other as marking color.

If I'm doing my math right, this would increase the number of monotones to
14 -13 + 14*13/2 = 925
and the number of two-tones to:
14*14 = 196

The logic being:
14 homozygous monotones
13 half-normal monotones indistinguishable from homozygous monotones that are otherwise counted twice in the next step.
14*13 ways of getting heterozygous alleles.
/2 because the order of heterozygous alleles doesn't matter.
Note: this assumes all the colors formed from blending are distinguishable from the ones produce by homozygous and half-normal monotones.

For two-tones, the math is simpler, you just take the square since being half-normal actually does something and the order of alleles actually matters.

If we also allowed Jewel coats to blend, that would add 12*11/2 = 66 blended jewels.

If we let all for appearance genes interact... then we might really have an unmanageable combinatorial explosion on our hands.

Also, if I made any mistakes above, please correct me.