Sa2B and TCG connection help

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Vahdokah
Egg
Egg

Sa2B and TCG connection help

Post by Vahdokah »

So, i've been spending the past few weeks messing around with connecting Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Rom with my copy of Sonic Pinball Party version of Tiny Chao garden, but to no avail. However, connecting to a TCG with the GBA bios file seems to work fine, but heres the problem. I've spent over 6 hours every day this past week trying to constantly refresh the TCG shop in order to get the other eggs i want. I've already got my silver, amethyst, emerald, and sapphire eggs as they show up pretty commonly. However, i have YET to see anything show up past emerald's 10k ring cost. Im trying to get 3 garnet, 2 aquamarine, 3 topaz and 1 onyx egg to complete all the jewel chao i want to raise, and with bios TCG not giving me any help, i would have to turn to figuring out how to get the actual rom to connect to SA2B and keep the connection to the point i could transfer chao.

So with that, i have 2 questions

1) is there some reason that i can't get any jewel egg from the bios Tiny Chao Garden higher than emerald? is there a way the bios file could be out dated or corrupted to some extent? or am i just unlucky with the rng?

2) is there any combination of dolphin version and VBA-M version i can use that will get the actual GBA rom and Sa2b rom to connect properly?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Sa2B and TCG connection help

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I can't remember if its fact or widely disseminated misinformation, but you may need to unlock the rarer eggs by buying all of the more common ones.

Also, while I don't know the exact distribution, some of the rarest eggs are just that damn rare, with chances of appearing as low as a single percent if I remember correctly.

And, sorry, but I know of no emulator with working GCN-GBA link support.
Vahdokah
Egg
Egg

Post by Vahdokah »

Hmm, i tried buying all the jewel eggs from silver to emerald, and im still not getting any of the eggs i want. I open up an actual rom with the tiny chao garden and i can get the rarer eggs like onyx and aquamarine relatively quickly. Makes me wonder if im just getting extremely unlucky, or if they literally don't exist on the tiny chao garden when you connect to it within the gba bios
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

The eggs appear to show up several times in a row in the RNG table, so maybe you're ending up skipping them? The window for some of them are very small and not really scattered. They're all unlocked immediately, so no need to do anything special. Though I'm not sure of the downloadable TCG's contents.

As for emulators, try using Dolphin's 5.0 stable, and VBA-M (either 1.8.0 or 2.0.0, not sure which) Try not to use development versions of dolphin, as compatibility with those seems to be on and off.

Eventually I think I will make a video tutorial or tutorial in general as for what versions to be using of both emulators and how to do any type of link-up and such
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Vahdokah
Egg
Egg

Post by Vahdokah »

Ooooh, so there's some sort of table that determines what egg shows up? interesting.

All though, im pretty sure i wouldn't miss it because i go into the mini game, back out, check the store to see if there's a new egg and if not, repeat the process over and over etc..
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

From what I can tell, there's a value that changes at the same rate your Chao's hunger value changes. But changing hunger won't change what the store contains. It changes rapidly while in the garden, and may dictate what the store contains BEFORE you open the store. The contents of the store also changes when you enter and exit the garden or minigame, or when your Chao talks (and as a result, messes with me gathering the RNG table)
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Vahdokah
Egg
Egg

Post by Vahdokah »

So, basically what you're saying is, i've been super unlucky? Figures as much. To be honest, i don't really care how i get the other 9 chao i want. Heck, if someone gave me a memory card that had the 3 topaz, 3 garnet, 1 aquamarine, 1 peridot, and 1 onyx eggs on it, i can just avoid having to deal with the rng myself. Basically, once i get all the chao i want on the one save, im basically going to copy the memory card, turn it into a rar file, and store it in like 3 different places so i can restart my chao raising at any time if i lose it

Edit: Nevermind, apparently cheat engine (while normally i wouldn't use it) helped out in this situation because the eggs were coded in a 0-11 fashion. Once i figured it out, i was able to force the eggs i wanted to get to show up and got my remaining chao eggs i needed