Chao Research being worked on

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Chao Research being worked on

Post by UltimaNumber »

Sorry I haven't been very active here. But I just want to let everyone know that I am really focusing on tracking Chao data and what every part of them does in various games. In fact, I'm working on almost every game, at least the main Chao games. Namely, Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast), Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast), Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Adventure DX, Chao Adventure 1, Chao Adventure 2, and the Tiny Chao Garden. Those are all the games I'm taking research on, or will take massive research on eventually. Of course, I won't be able to find everything or be able to work on everything. That I know others are working on or may eventually.

Currently, I'm taking massive research on Sonic Adventure Dreamcast, and Chao Adventure. I'd figure I would do all the games in order, as I would want to start making Chao videos soon, and I plan to go through all the games in order. Sonic Adventure's Chao Garden system I feel hasn't gotten very far in terms of research. So far, I've found quite a bit of data I'm sure that will prove very useful! I don't want to really share anything yet until I've not only found a lot of Chao data and what they are, but also what actions are required to change them. Also, I would rather share said data in a different topic, as this one will be used to just say what me and perhaps others are taking research on.

While I may be very focused on Sonic Adventure at the moment, I am also subtly working on the other games. Whether it's by request or from simple curiosity. Of course, Chao research isn't the only thing I'm working on Chao related either, but that's for a different topic.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Chao Research being worked on

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

SA1DC probably is the game where compiled information on Chao is most spotty.

That said, it seems a bit shortsighted to treat SADX and SA2B Monolithically. I've only played the Gamecube versions and a bit of SADXPC04, but even among what is well known, it is already known that there are significant differences between the Gamecube and Steam versions of SA2B, between the Gamecube and PC versions of SADX or even the original 2004 PC port of SADX and its later rerelease, and I suspect the PS360 versions probably have their own idiosyncracies. For the sake of completeness, it would probably also be a good idea to compare the different versions of the TCG.
UltimaNumber
Chao Expert
Chao Expert
Motto: I'm just a number

Post by UltimaNumber »

I do actually plan to go through every single version of every game. Anything that may or may not be collected I would want to help improve, or confirm it myself for the sake of more people being able to safely say that's what it is. I won't be able to go through every version of SADX and SA2B, namely the XBox360/PS3 Versions since I do not own either of them. I have every version of the TCG, including the Downloaded versions, and I've already prepared myself with starter data for every single one of them!

I'm even tempted to go through Japanese versions of some games. If not only for Japanese text, also for any differences if any. I know for a fact the Japanese Chao Adventure has it's differences. But who knows if anything else does? It's worth a shot. I can at least gather Japanese text while I'm at it.
Always happy to see Number and his 12 daughters and 6 sons.

My YouTube stuffs
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Thanks for the clarification, and I wish I could help out.
Wimonthiya
Egg
Egg

Post by Wimonthiya »

After reading this content until completion I got to know new and very useful content. Which I am very happy to have the opportunity to read.