can you clone chao using gba?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

can you clone chao using gba?

Post by a chao »

I know how to clone chao with two memory cards-- but I don't have two memory cards so.... help would be great! :chaohappy:
chao are cool as heck :cool:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Chao Cloning

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

The only method of cloning without hacking I'm aware of requires:

-A Gamecube(might work with a Wii as well).
-A GBA/SP(not sure if it works with a Gameboy Micro)
-A Gamecube-GBA link cable.
-Multiple Gamecube Memory Cards or compatible versions of both SADX and SA2B.

As for the actual method:
1. Boot up the Gardens with the memory card and game holding he Chao to be cloned.
2. Connect and boot up the GBA without a game cart in it.
3. Take the Chao to be cloned to the Transporter and Drop it off. Since the GBA doesn't have a game cart in it, the Gamecube will send it a Downloadable TCG and a copy of the Chao.
4. While the clone is in the TCG, reboot the gardens using the other gamecube game or a different memory card.
5. Pick-up the Clone and save on the Gamecube.
6. Repeat until you run out of combinations of Game and memory card(e.g. if you have both games and two memory cards, you can have four clones, one for each game on each memory card).

Do note that if you download any of the clones, original included to Advance, Advance 2, or Pinball Party, it'll be removed from that copy of the Gamecube Gardens. Also, picking up a clone when there's already one in the Gamecube Gardens will overwrite the copy already on the Gamecube.
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

Re: can you clone chao using gba?

Post by a chao »

Thanks for the tips! I always use SA (Sonic Advance) So I never knew that. I'm going to use this to copy chao SA2B to SADX. It's basically a better way of transferring chao with two memory cards.
chao are cool as heck :cool: