The WORST game design choice in sa2b

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sinful Shadow
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

The WORST game design choice in sa2b

Post by Sinful Shadow »

Ok so this is incredibly stupid and infuriating who at sonic team thought this was a good idea

“There are three “sets” of Chao eggs. Each containing 3 colours and their shiny versions. * Set 1 is Red, Sky Blue, Brown * Set 2 is Yellow, Pink, Purple * Set 3 is Blue, Orange, Green

The Black Market will always sell two of these sets, and will never sell the one left out. This is randomly selected for every Chao File.”

I’ve been working on getting a bunch of shiny two tone chaos chao (and since I’m playing on Xbox one they are “bright chao”) I was really looking forward to getting a purple bright chao for 2 reasons 1 being purple is my favorite color and 2 the “bright” purple devil chaos chao looks really cool but after awhile I noticed there were a few egg colors that never seemed to show up in the shop so earlier today while I was just sitting around waiting for one of my chao to reincarnate I decided to do a bunch of reading here on chao island and when I stumbled upon the above info I was furious cause I’ve put soooo many hours into this and I finally got my first legitimate chaos chao last night but if I want to get the purple one which is the one I wanted most I would have to lose all the chao I’ve put so much time into since I can’t just transfer one over from another file since I’m playing the Xbox version of the game
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: The WORST game design choice in sa2b

Post by AugustChao »

It is true that the second set (Pink, Yellow, and Purple) are the least common to appear, which makes getting them the hardest of the bunch (seriously, the fact that I got them on my first try on my newer Gamecube memory card is a miracle). Trying to get whichever one you want is also the easiest on the Gamecube due to the memory cards, and you could easily just use another memory card to keep trying to get them without deleting Chao from the other cards. As for the XBox and Playstation ports, I don't think there's really anything you can do to get them without deleting all of the save data, which is a shame. On the PC port, you could easily just use something like Fusion's Chao Editor to save Chao as external files and then wipe the save data, so you still have the data of all of your Chao but the eggs still reset (although if you have Fusion's Chao Editor, there's no reason not to just make whichever Chao you want manually).

I do agree though that this was a really bad idea. Thankfully, SADX fixes this issue by making every Chao egg available, but that's ONLY in SADX.