best chao gardens theme?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Giara
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

best chao gardens theme?

Post by Giara »

okay I was wondering, if there was (hypothetically) a new sonic game or a fangame with chao gardeb which do you think is the best option to separate the different gardens? based on the locations of the game like SA, alignment like SA2 or a different criteria such as the chao type (but in this case there should be 4 gardens or 5 if you start on a "normal" garden) with various features like the swim garden having a larger pool/lake, fly having high platforms, etc. Personally I like the SA types of gardens that match the overall appearance of the locations in the game, it makes the gardens look more integrated instead of being a different dimension like in SA2
sorry if my english sucks :herocry:
toffyflame
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: SA2 is what I do!

Re: best chao gardens theme?

Post by toffyflame »

:thinking: Well, if you were wondering then I'd suppose that (hypothetically) they would have the Normal, Hero, and Dark gardens. But it's possible they may also give us a Celestial garden as well and possibly an Urban, Rural, and Egg gardens like in SA with them being decently spacious mainly due to the fact that a lack of space makes it easier to accidentally hurt Chao and etc. assuming they ever make another Chao Garden for a Sonic game.
Sonic Adventure 2 is what I do! wish me luck on the road to 180 Emblems :surprise:
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

I've also really liked the idea of there being four Gardens for each type (Swim, Fly, Run, and Power), mainly because I think there are a lot of animations and abilities exclusive to certain stats that aren't commonly seen in the Gardens very much, such as the Fly Chao being able to fly off of ledges. As for what they would look like, I'd imagine the Swim Garden could be a giant pool, the Fly Garden could be like a mountain with a lot of high edges, the Run Garden could have a lot of open space and have it's own racing track, and the Power Garden could be a forest with trees that the Chao can climb up or shake for fruits and rocks that they can pick up. I also think it would be really cool if there was a Chaos Chao Garden that you unlock after getting a Chaos Chao, and I can see it having a lot of fountains and other structures like in the Hero Garden. Funnily enough, there actually used to be a lot of rumors about there being an actual Chaos Chao Garden in SA2, but this has long been proven false. If we were to combine the three Gardens we already have in SA2, the four type specific Gardens, and the Chaos Chao Garden, that would add up to a grand total of eight Gardens that I'd like to see in a future game.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Well, personally, I'd like more variety of locale.

For returning old gardens, I'd like expanded versions of the old gardens, possibly with new names to remove the location/alignment association:

Station Square: Rooftop Plaza
Mystic Ruins: Can't think of a good name for this one.
Egg Carrier: Tropical Island
Neutral: Peaceful Meadow
Hero: Mountain Sanctuary
Dark: Haunted Forest

I'd also like a playable Emerald Altar based on the past scenes from SA1.

Some ideas for new Gardens:

Desert Oasis
Urban Playground
Winter Wonderland
Space Colony ARK(because it seems highly unlikely Gerald didn't study Chao at some point given the artificial Chaos, the effect of Chaos Drives on Chao, and his research into immortality, and while he might've gone off the deep end after Maria's death, I like to think he was as moral as a scientist working for a military organization can be).
Chao Pasture
Lakeside Retreat.

Oh, and I'd kind of like a garden based on the Lobby area from SA2.

And to borrow an idea I mentioned in another thread: I like the idea of each garden being the core of a larger environment one can explore with their Chao in a sort of hybridd of Chao Adventure and Hey You, Pikachu.