Garden of Mooj - Chao Inspired Game

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Eciton
Child Chao
Child Chao

Garden of Mooj - Chao Inspired Game

Post by Eciton »

Hey all! I was browsing Steam the other day and I came across this early access game called Garden of Mooj, I haven't seen any posts here mentioning it so I thought I would since I was pretty excited when I found it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1044 ... n_Of_Mooj/

It features these little round guys who have a floating sphere above them just like chao, and they have alignments and evolve in cocoons just like chao, in fact most of the reviews mention that it's basically a chao garden.

I've played about an hour of it so far and clearly it needs a lot of work, but I thought I'd put it here to see if anybody was interested. In my opinion it's a bit expensive for a game that's not very far in development but if you're bored and have some spare cash might be worth buying, I think it's pretty nice.

At the moment, I haven't played very much, but it seems like the mooj guys evolve more than once, but don't change their shape very much. One of them now has a cube instead of a ball above his head, but that's the extent of the shape change so far. Mostly when they evolve they get new patterns based on what they've been eating, so they'll start off one colour but pick up a second colour when they evolve. Food influences what the mooj's stats are, it's similar to chaos drives.

Has anybody else played Garden of Mooj? Have you found anything interesting if you have?
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Garden of Mooj - Chao Inspired Game

Post by ChillyChao »

Oh geez, yep, that's literally the Chao Garden. And i thought Slime Rancher was similar.
Thanks for sharing, looks like a cute game, but probably not something i'd buy.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Re: Garden of Mooj - Chao Inspired Game

Post by FrankT »

Good find! I might take a look at it later.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....