Chao D&D?!

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ManifoldFacades
Child Chao
Child Chao

Chao D&D?!

Post by ManifoldFacades »

Hello all! Haven't really introduced myself, have I? Name's Cobalt..Or ManifoldFacades. I've been a Sonic fan for a long time now, and the Chao Garden's been one of my all time favorite parts of Sonic(Next to the music but that's a given.)

An idea came to mind that I dropped in the Chao Island Discord at utter random, but..who knows? Maybe there's something that can be done with it. D&D, or any tabletop game really..featuring Chao as the playable race. Havent really gotten farther than that, but I figured I'd post it here and maybe get people's thoughts on it. And maybe it'll actually become a campaign I try and run when I get better at tabletop. Or someone else can run it.

And if any of you now have the mental image of a Chao Barbarian, you are welcome.
Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. - Bruce Lee
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Chao D&D?!

Post by ChillyChao »

I've never played DnD, but this thread makes me wanna draw a Chao as a DnD class, haha.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
ManifoldFacades
Child Chao
Child Chao

I would love to see that, honestly.

I've played Pathfinder more than D&D, but I've kinda got a love for tabletop games in general.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I've never played any Tabletop RPGs, though I'd love to find a gamer group to join, especially since I haven't been able to play computerized RPGs in years due to blindness.

Though, as rich as Sonic Lore is, especially including the various Comic and television series, I can imagine a number of Sonic-inspired campaign settings not to mention a whole Big Book of Badniks as a supplement to the Monster Manual...

Also, the mental image of a Chao Barbarian in a loincloth made from small animal pelts and with a crude spear topped with a sliver of the crystalline stuff in Chaos Drives is kind of adorable... As is the thought of a Chao Paladin in tin can armor with a literal kitchen knife as a sword... Someone needs to design some Chao minifigs even if they're just fan-made things that can be printed on home 3-D printers.

Hmmm... I wonder how taking on the appearance and some of the abilities of a small animal would translate into D&D mechanics.

And if we did have a Mobius Campaign setting, imagine the limitless possibilities for Mobian sub-races.
ManifoldFacades
Child Chao
Child Chao

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:32 pm Though, as rich as Sonic Lore is, especially including the various Comic and television series, I can imagine a number of Sonic-inspired campaign settings not to mention a whole Big Book of Badniks as a supplement to the Monster Manual...
If memory serves, I think I found a couple PDFs for a Sonic the Hedgehog themed RPG...But it seemed to be focused more on how the video games played, with a Goal Ring and what have you. Not bad per se, but with all the games there have been, I feel like you could pull from just about all of them.

Elemental shields. Wisps and Wispons, Chaos Powers, Weapons....The possibilities are limitless!