What would a Chao Garden App look like?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TheRealBrowne456
Egg
Egg
Motto: Why do my Chao always hatch with an evil smile?

What would a Chao Garden App look like?

Post by TheRealBrowne456 »

This is something many, Many people want, and they have their own ideas, so I'm going to say this : These are MY ideas, if you like them then great! If not tell me why. Don't just say that it is wrong. Now... here's the basic Idea. You first make an Avatar, along with an Account. You then move to a place called Sapphire City. When you get there, you move into an apartment and given the Neutral Garden. In the garden you find a Beginner's Pack which consists of a Cooking Set, a Gardening Set, a bag of groceries, 10,000 Rings, 50 Red Rings and a Chao Egg. That's it for the bare idea. The rest of the ideas for this theoretical Mobile, PC and Console game is in this Google Slides simply called : Chao Garden App https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing Sorry for the amount of reading that is to come. :sway:
:omochao: "Hi! I'm Omochao! I'm going home to watch TV. :omochao:
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: What would a Chao Garden App look like?

Post by AugustChao »

I think these are all pretty cool ideas, and I really like the idea of a Chao Garden with a bunch of new areas, mechanics, and unlockable stuff, but I feel like something with that much content would really only work on console or PC rather than mobile. Not to say I don't think it would be good on mobile, I just personally think that an official Chao Garden game would probably be more simplistic and have less features instead of more because of how mobile games tend to be. I haven't played very many mobile games recently, but I've played enough of games like Pokemon Go and Sonic Forces Speed Battle to know that even officially licensed mobile games by companies like Sega and Nintendo are usually focused less on gameplay and more on micro-transactions and collecting things by either doing the same thing over and over again, watching ads, or paying money. I also used to play a lot of mobile pet games years ago when they first started getting big, and I'd imagine that if they made an official mobile Chao Garden game they would just try to emulate those kinds of games (which like the games I mentioned earlier are also always simple and have an emphasis on micro-transactions). Most of those games that I remember playing only let you have one or a couple pets to take care of, there was only a single screen to take care of them, and there was always customization that required you to either pay actual money or play the game for a ridiculous amount of time to really customize the way you want (actually, the Tiny Chao Garden is a lot like this, but I'd consider it better because A, it's a side thing rather than a full game, and B, it has connectivity to other games so there's more fun to be had with it).

Do I think a simplistic mobile Chao Garden like this would be bad? Actually, given the popularity of mobile games and the success of things like Pokemon Go and pet games like Talking Tom, I think a Chao Garden game of that nature would probably be really successful, even with people outside of the Sonic fandom. Would I personally be into it? Maybe, but I probably wouldn't get too invested in it like I would a console game. A game like the one you described with all sorts of new features would be pretty cool, and I can see something like that coming to consoles and working really well, but I don't think anything like that would come to mobile, at least not officially.
chaomaster11
Egg
Egg

Post by chaomaster11 »

it would have a screen where you push the button to get chao and then another screen where you puish the button to name the chao and when the chao is name you push the button to take it to kindergarten or shop store and push the button to get item or learn skills and then push the button to pick up sonic daycare chao button :omochao: :omochao: :omochao:
Agent2583
Egg
Egg

Post by Agent2583 »

I'd like it to feature the ability to transfer your chao to other devices via NFC.
TheRealBrowne456
Egg
Egg
Motto: Why do my Chao always hatch with an evil smile?

Post by TheRealBrowne456 »

AugustChao wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:52 pm I think these are all pretty cool ideas, and I really like the idea of a Chao Garden with a bunch of new areas, mechanics, and unlockable stuff, but I feel like something with that much content would really only work on console or PC rather than mobile. Not to say I don't think it would be good on mobile, I just personally think that an official Chao Garden game would probably be more simplistic and have less features instead of more because of how mobile games tend to be.
I feel like if they did do one they'd do it multiplatform kinda how Pokemon Quest is on Mobile and switch. I'd want it to be a Cross-Platform Game too. I forgot to include that.
:omochao: "Hi! I'm Omochao! I'm going home to watch TV. :omochao:
zinigo
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: keep the lights on.

Post by zinigo »

these are really good ideas!
-zin