Talk about anything Chao related here!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: VTuber - XiconExertoroyah

Re: Exedra Chao: Combat - A 2D Chao Fighting Game

Post by XiconDestoroyah »

Sliveer Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt0oraUBxsU

Alright, now that this has been out, it's time for me to continue working on the next Chao.

Stay tuned, everyone!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

OK, here's the first update on the next trailer:

Trailer #5 will only reveal ONE Chao and there are some reasons for this. One reason is that this Chao is more complex than any other - so the development takes longer.

As for a reveal date, it's unknown, but could be this month. Here's to hoping that the process goes faster than usual soon.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for the next update.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

I think the Chao is complete... So I can start working on the rest of the stuff that's needed before revealing the next trailer...

Stay tuned, everyone... This just got around weeks earlier than expected...
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Stream will only show the 5th Trailer.

Stay tuned!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Trailer #5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5HB1qA2-7E

Stay tuned for Trailer #6 which will feature the last 3 Chao and stages!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Update: Lore posts!
That's right, I am posting the lore of the story and the lore of each Chao that's in the game. Do take note that the Chao lore is based on the Chao overall and not just being in this game since the Chao have existed in previous things of the Exedra Chao world.

LORE #1 - Exedra Chao: Combat

Expert, the administrator of all Exedra Chao in the Exedra Chao world, makes an announcement stating that Team Infinity is offering power to allow the Chao to face off other creatures in the Xicon Exedra universe. However, only a select amount can receive this. For this to be so, a competition is to be held.

The competition works like this:
Three phases:
  • Start-Up Phase: All Chao who are in the competition face off against each other at any time and any place to ready themselves through preparation (getting fighting habits started), analyzation (studying other Chao), and execution (carrying out any plans made to win when remaining phases begin).
  • Elimination Phase: All Chao have 5 stocks. Losing a battle results to losing a stock. Losing all 5 stocks results in the Chao being eliminated from the competition. When only 9 Chao remain, all remaining stocks but one are REMOVED and the Chao continue in eliminating others in battle until there are two remaining.
  • Final Phase: The battling is put on hold. The remaining Chao are to prepare themselves in 24 hours. During this time, eliminated Chao can interact with the remaining two. Anything can be done within the 24 hours. Once then, the two must meet up at a location of their choice without anyone else and may speak for as long as they want. Once then, they are transported to a specific arena where they will have the final battle. Everyone else will watch the fight in a specific lobby or at their desired place. Only one wins.

Even if only one wins to obtain the power from Team Infinity, the power can be given to a maximum of 5 Chao. The smaller the number, the stronger the power each Chao gets. This means that if only one Chao takes it, he or she will be given the power of 5 Chao overall - making it 5 times more powerful. But all of this is up to the winner.

During the competition, Chao can work in teams of 5 at maximum while battles can be 3 at maximum against another team. Chao who lose all energy in a fight will lose a stock even if they are on the team that wins. If there is only one team standing, they can skip the Final Phase and take the power immediately.

There is one last thing that needs to be mentioned. According to Team Infinity, they did not come up with the idea of giving power to others or holding the competition. Even Expert did not come up with it. One of the Chao who is participating is the one responsible for all of this happening. What's bigger is how that Chao managed to contact Team Infinity in the first place. Not only that, but why did Team Infinity and Expert allow this all to happen. These three things are a mystery, and are to be solved within the competition. The Chao that are participating are investigating all of this in order to find out how to act upon the answers in order to prevent themselves from getting disadvantages in future competitions.

Alright, that's the story of the game! Stay tuned for updates on the game and lore of the Exedra Chao!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Here's another update for you all.

Soon, I am going to start on the next 3 Chao for the final reveal trailer of Wave 2. Also, the lore of the game does have some details missing, and I plan to keep it that way to show surprises. You'll soon see some detail later on in Trailer #6.

And now for some lore on the Exedra Chao. Take note that the lore reveal order is going to be based off of decisions by the Chao Island community on Discord.

LORE #2 - Uniform: The Dark Suited Chao
Uniform is one of the Dark 5 of Generation 4. He is a leader-type Chao and has been an administrator of numerous of competitions because of his skill. However, considering the fact that he has been on the high rankings numerous of times in events, he's been a target to some others in order to get a winning hand. A good number of times have been successful of others involving carrying out plans against Uniform, but also there being number of times failed because of his skill. Uniform is well connected with many of the Exedra Chao, which resulted in occurrences that changed the way of the Chao a few times. This surprisingly influenced Chao from previous generations as even they interacted with Uniform. Uniform's main connection is with the Chao of Gen 4 and 5. With Gen 5, Uniform noticed some unorthodox situations - specifically on how these Chao were spiritually formed - especially Simesen. Uniform keeps himself skeptical as he knows that so many things happen each day. Uniform has detective skills - which not only results in him making decisions naturally, but also of the powers and fighting style he chose.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Uniform.

Stay tuned for more game updates and lore!
Last edited by XiconDestoroyah on Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Alright! The first of the last 3 Chao has been rigged for sprite making! Tomorrow is most likely when I start working on the Chao!

OK, lore time! As requested by Roaxes, here's the next Chao's lore.

LORE #3 - Chaoryu: The Lone Traveling Warrior
Chaoryu was once an ordinary Chao. Located in the mountains of an area far from the main Exedra Chao location, the Chao always wondered what to do after he was spiritually formed in 2019. Wandering around, the Chao searched for a future... until one day, the unorthodox Chao named Unusual encountered the wandering Chao. Unusual was looking for a Chao that was exactly as the wandering Chao was about and offered him the power to seek a future through given ideas - specifically combat. In the same year, the Chao was sent to a room where he had a couch, a TV, and a remote. For weeks, the Chao surfed channels in search for inspiration and managed to narrow his choices down to where he reached one conclusion. He encountered some Elevon-specific channels that showed the Chao a fighter named Ryu. On the last day, the Chao filed a list of channels showing Ryu... to which gave the Chao his decision. After training in a dojo for some time, he had the sense of evolution. The power that Unusual gave him was about an image that can be fused with the evolution. Once then, he became Chaoryu. To this day, Chaoryu wanders around the world in seek of combat - just like Ryu. At least this time, he has a future, and the patience to enhance it.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Chaoryu.

Last edited by XiconDestoroyah on Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Next update:
I'm here to announce the amount of new stages that each Wave will have.
Wave 2: 6 Stages
Wave 3: 5 Stages
Wave 4: 5 Stages
Wave 5: 5 Stages
Wave 6: 5 Stages
Wave 7: 6 Stages
This will total up to 50 as Wave 1 has 18 stages.

Alright, next Chao's lore is here!

Lore #4 - Volcano: The Eruption
As a silent Chao, Volcano's way of communication was through physical implication. Volcano is one of the heaviest Chao out there and as it may seem he's all about aggressive power, he's got a soft side in him. However, he's very intelligent when it comes to how he uses his strength. Volcano was the one that used his volcanic powers to form new land across the world. Though he only did it 5 times and could do the first stage of land creation, Volcano has a huge reputation in what he does. Volcano has connections with a good number of Chao. One of the main connections is with Flamebo as they both spar. Another is with the other Chao that do the other stages of land creation. Volcano is a Chao that is easy for anyone to understand. All that remains is why he chooses not to speak.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Volcano.

Last edited by XiconDestoroyah on Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

OK, new update:
Still working on the Chao. Chao #12 is almost done. If there is a time of when all 3 are done, I'd say it can take... about a month? It depends, but let's call it there.

OK, next Chao lore.

Lore #5 - Heather: The Agent
Part of an underground agency, Heather works on numerous of missions involving anyone trying to take advantages that can cost the agency's chances of winning competitions. Though, the frequency of this happening is not much, Heather does think ahead and looks into the core of every situation. She knows that small things can make a big difference, as she has dealt with this in an incident that costed her a very important opportunity involving a transaction with another Chao in 2017 that related to a case about a lost amulet. To this day, her goal is to get that transaction done to get make a deal with someone who supposedly has the amulet and she finds Simesen and his company responsible for the incident. She's even planned to work undercover in that company to find information that can reverse the effects to resume the transaction. To this day, she still can't execute that plan. Only she knows the plan, and her agency is willing to support her without them even knowing.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Heather.

XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Alright, next update!
Chao #12 has been completed and some sprites for the 13th have been made. In addition, we still have the Q&A for the game. We still need at least 9 more questions. You can ask up to 3 questions. Reply here or the Discord server's thread of the game to ask your questions.

Alright, now the Chao Lore.

Lore #6 - Simesen: The Business Chao of Financial Combat
Simesen is the C.E.O. of C3 (Chao Combat Corporation) and moderates many competitions involving combat and even approves or disapproves them. This even includes using currency to determine if competitions happen or not. With his two assistants, Hallia and Dimitri, the three managed to cover lots of ground of moderation that gave the entire world many benefits through evolution. Simesen is quite serious about his job and even takes his own stand of combat. His entire fighting style is based off of business. There have been Chao that have entered his building to challenge him to a fight in order to make things happen instead of doing it the natural way if they win. To this day, no Chao has won against him involving this way of approval. With how Simesen is when it comes to public knowledge, he is one of the most difficult Chao to deal with. No one knows how he managed to be where he is now since he is part of Gen 5, the most recent Generation that started in 2019.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Simesen.

XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

The next update is here!
Chao #13 is still in progress, but the progress is going smoothly. Also, there's quite an amount that is going on on my end. So, the Trailer is being worked on at the same time as the Chao being completed to save time.

The next Chao lore is also here!

Lore #7 - Lifesky: The Prince of the Skies
Lifesky is what other Chao would say "The One Above Others". However, the implication of that is split to whether he's a prince or just in the sky above others - depending on who's saying it. It's just something that stuck around without much reasoning. Lifesky took that saying as a way to show who he was. Since he lead numerous of Hero Chao into tasks, his prince side was well presented to others, while the skies are of his way of combat. However, he's also one to send opponents into the sky. In other words, he's not the Prince of the Skies as some all-time air fighter, but rather to reveal the existence of the sky when it comes to combat in general - which at the same time that he leads Hero Chao that are, of course, in the sky. Lifesky's well connected with other Chao just like Uniform. After all, Lifesky is part of the Hero 5 of Gen 4 (Surprisingly enough, so is Heather). He's only a prince because there are not enough Hero Chao for him to lead. He becomes a king when there are enough Chao to qualify and then someone takes the place as the prince.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Lifesky.

Last edited by XiconDestoroyah on Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Here's another update.
Chao #13 is really a work I had to be careful with. But, progress is still being made each day. I suppose I'll get this Chao done by this week and then I'll move on to the last of Wave #2.

OK, Chao lore is next.

Lore #8 - Vespern: The Dark Ocean
Formally known as the Dark Sea, Vespern is a mysterious one. He is usually standing on water at nighttime to train each day. Meditation is what builds up his power for the rest of the training to be sufficient. Vespern's ways with water is unlike anything that any Chao in the world has seen. Forming clouds, transporting others to the bottom of the ocean from where they are standing, even bringing forth anything that is inside the ocean to his location. Also, whenever there is water near Vespern, it turns green, which implies a signal of his presence. However, if a Chao has a water source of their own, theirs will not be affected. Just like Uniform, Vespern is one of the Dark 5 of Gen 4. Involving connections with other Chao, Vespern is mainly connected with the Dark Chao. But, there is one Chao out there he has some sort of connection with that is like a rivalry.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Vespern.

XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

OK, here's the next update.
Chao #13 has been completed and I'm hoping to get the work started on the final Chao of Wave 2, Chao #14.

In addition to that, I'd like to announce some info on stages:
  • Reserved Arena is now a little darker so that Simesen's white hit sparks will be visible on the stage.
  • Chao Race Waterfall Start may get different music.
  • Past Chao Race Final may be set somewhere else to give more display of the stage. That, or the stage may be deleted.
Now onto Chao lore.

Lore #9 - Flamebo: The Heavy Flame
Out of all the Neutral Chao that have the simple path of combat, Flamebo is the most iconic. He's been known to have vigorous training that though it seems to be easy to understand, there is one thing that everyone has not gotten an answer on involving Flamebo. And that is how he got his flames. Apparently, the origin is the foundation of his training. Theories came around involving this since of how unknown his flame origin was. Some Chao theorize that he got it in some way by one of the members of Team Infinity, some say it came from Unusual, and others just say there's an entirely different party involved. No one concluded that Flamebo got his power naturally because if it was true, Volcano and 38 others would of been witnesses. Flamebo to this day has kept the origin secret. The only lead he gave to everyone was the he addresses it as "The Flame".

And that's the lore I'll give out about Flamebo.

Last edited by XiconDestoroyah on Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Here's another update.
It's getting tough for me to get motivated to work on the game because of other stuff that is going on, but I am setting a goal to get everything for the next trailer done by this month. Here's to hoping!

Next Chao lore is here, too.

Lore #10 - Decline: The Serious Jester
Decline was what everyone called "The Ironic Chao of Foreshadowing". However, the reason why he was called that was because of some context that only Decline knew entirely, and everyone else followed along with it. Decline tends to be a lone wolf. As one of the Dark 5 of Gen 4, he has his obligations to his team within the Dark Chao of his generation, but being on his own is how he does it. Some reasons why are such as disruption of power involving certain tasks, compatibility amongst other Chao, and most of all, cause he just wants to. The spheres he holds have no name, but they seem to be juggling balls with some odd physics and for multi-purpose combat due to the magic inside and around them. Decline was the one that the silent Chao followed involving a mysterious aura - as if they can relate to him. This is one of the two things that Decline accepts when others are around. The other is just when teamwork is required. Decline truly was one of the most straightforward Chao out there that has such a unique atmosphere, yet there are many questions left unanswered about him.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Decline.

XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

New update!
Chao #14 has a rigged model and some sprites have already been made and implemented into the game! Now that a certain project got its most recent requirement finished, I can resume to Exedra Chao: Combat!

OK, here' the next Chao lore. This is the second to last one of the currently announced Chao.

Lore #11 - Gloveer: The Golden Speed
As one of the fastest Chao in the Exedra Chao world, Gloveer has a huge reputation involving objectives to be done in such quick succession. Gloveer has been through a lot of jobs around the world, such as protection of items for a duration of time, transportation, and even using his speed for both chemical and nuclear reactions. Now, involving Gloveer's appearance, you'll notice two things different from the rest of most Chao: His shiny color and his face. Yes, Gloveer is a robot. However, just like the rest of the Chao, he was spiritually formed - not constructed. The only thing about his programs that have anything to do him is that he is simply a Chao. Everything else was based on training and obtaining power. In other words, he's like everyone else, but in a unique way. Gloveer is a Chao that gets straight to the point - and that's what makes him iconic along with his speed. Gloveer truly is the embodiment of being unique under natural causes. It's weird, though. He's from Generation 4. The Chao from previous Gens have all been quite normal.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Gloveer.

XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Here's a video of a video presentation of Likesky's 2.0 changes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6tHqqkQxss

No Chao lore this time, but stay tuned!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

OK, guys, here's the next update.

Chao #14 is near completion. All that's left are the Chaos Drives, Guard Break, and winning animation. I'm excited to finish this!

And now... the last Chao's lore is here before the new trailer.

Lore #12 - Sliveer: The Silver Time
Sliveer, the counterpart and combat partner of Gloveer, is a Chao from Generation 5. Sliveer lives in a clock tower that isn't ordinary. There, he resides with objectives involving the requirement of instantaneous succession - starting at the clock tower, and ending in the same location. Just like Gloveer, Sliveer is also a robot and follows the same procedure as Gloveer when it comes to spiritual formation. Sliveer has the power to stop time. However, in Xicon Exedra, the logic of time functions differently from our universe. During competitions, Sliveer had to go through numerous of limitations in order to keep competitive play balanced, and even with the limits, he's known to be unpredictable. Adding his intelligence to the mix only makes it more complex for others to face him as just how much planning is taken by Sliveer is exactly 0 seconds. Though, he tends to let time go by in most occasions - and that makes predictability even more complex since no one knows why.

And that's the lore I'll give out about Sliveer.

Stay tuned for more game updates and the next set of lore after Trailer #6!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Got some news for you all! Trailer #6 will be up on September 2nd!

However, I do have some info about the XEPS series that these trailers are usually first presented at. I will no longer be posting them on this forum or the Discord due to my streams now being 18+ mainly to align with certain games I play on stream. In other words: following rules.

Not to worry though, you guys are around for the game itself, and there should be no problem for you at all as I'll still post the game trailers.

So... who are the last 3 Chao and what are the last 3 stages? You'll know soon enough! Also, the Launch Trailer will be out later this year. I still have plenty of work to do and even other stuff to deal with. Thank you for your patience!

Stay tuned!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Got news, the stuff is being delayed due to IRL situations. Please stay tuned for more info later this month.
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Alright, I got more news! The stuff is only being delayed by a day! Stay tuned for September 3rd!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

I've returned! Let's talk for a moment.

As part of my schedule, I wanted to finish up Tournament #6 for VTubers and such. That was completed earlier today. I am back to working on the game starting tomorrow! Here's to hoping for an October release of Version 2.0!

The lore for the three new Chao and gameplay videos will be made. In fact, they will be at the same time for three posts.

As for what is to come after Wave 2 is completely unknown to me and I can't say "stay tuned" for that at this time.

Thank you for your patience, everyone!
XiconDestoroyah
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Unfortunately, uploading videos to YouTube causes my internet to crash. So, for now, here's Reshoih's gameplay from my Twitter:
https://twitter.com/XiconDestoroyah/sta ... 65N-6XRUgw

Also, I've decided not to do any Lore when showing gameplay. I just don't have the motivation because of this internet issue.