Why is the Half-Fish sometimes called a Kappa?

Talk about anything Chao related here!
sunnymatsu
Egg
Egg

Why is the Half-Fish sometimes called a Kappa?

Post by sunnymatsu »

Hi! I'm new here, let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. I read all the rules and stuff as much as I could and I couldn't seem to find anyone addressing this, but I'm not infallible. And I think this is the right section? I'm actually not used to any forums at all, haha. I saw the questions section but it seemed like that was more for practical gameplay questions, and this is just curiosity.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I'm curious why sometimes people refer to the half-fish as a kappa? I feel like it pretty clearly isn't one, given the fin on it's head rather than the typical kappa's cup. I know that may not be common knowledge though. (I don't mean to insult anyone for thinking that either, I totally understand. I hope that's clear. I tend to have issues with communicating tone. :darkcry: ) I feel like I remember a long time ago reading something about it being called a kappa in the files, but I'm wondering if I'm remembering that correctly. Is it something along those lines, or is it just that it resembles one?
Momora
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Do not assume you were let in through hospitality.

Re: Why is the Half-Fish sometimes called a Kappa?

Post by Momora »

Not particularly sure why you didn't get a response for this, may be due to forum activity kind of going down in recent years. It's likely that due to the appearance of the animal in question, some may associate it with a kappa. May also be something with translation but I have no clue on that front.
Wait a minute, signatures exist? Basabweh!:darkcool: