Why do some Chao speak and some not? And other peculiarities.

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Londi
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Who actually reads these?

Why do some Chao speak and some not? And other peculiarities.

Post by Londi »

I always thought it was peculiar that some Chao have the ability to speak and some (AKA, yours) cannot. The Chao Doctor, Principal, and the Fortune teller can all speak and even have some form of education. Yours, as much as you may love them, are in the most diplomatic terms possible 'beyond ****** dumb.'

What's up with this apparent disconnect? How come some Chao rise above the ranks and others just stay dumb babies? Where the hell did the doctor even get his education from? What does a Chao that can speak even sound like? Is it awkward when an educated Chao meets a pet Chao?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Why do some Chao speak and some not? And other peculiarities.

Post by chaoadventures »

The chao education system is rigged.

If only our chao could finally graduate from Kindergarten...

What's weird is that player raised Chao can't talk in the main gardens, but they seem to be miraculously able to talk when transferred to the related portable games.

The VMU games and Tiny Chao Garden both allow your chao to talk, giving us great lines such as "If I had shorter legs, I could be a model!" and "What are politics?"

For what they sound like, presumably Chao that can talk sound something like Cheese in Sonic Heroes:

I would now say something like "actually all chao talk, they just didn't make intelligible garden sounds for them", but the Chao in Team Sonic Racing can't speak at all, and neither do the SA2B multiplayer Chao! Perhaps they all just need speech lessons?

I do wonder where the Kindergarten faculty got certified though. Then again, I don't think a certified organization would have a Black Market right next to their bulletin board.

(See also: Bats)

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Levi Church
Egg
Egg

Post by Levi Church »

It's also weird when you think about it that Chaos can't talk if normal Chao can. And now we have seen other characters like Chaos be able to talk. Don't click this spoiler until after you've played Frontiers.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

The Chao speak their own language, which is translated when playing the VMU and Tiny Chao Garden but left untranslated in normal gameplay.

Some characters, like Cream, learn how to speak Chaoese, and in turn there are Chao who learn to speak non-Chaoese languages, like the Black Market Chao.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD