What shameful things have you done as a Sonic Fan?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Re: What shameful things have you done as a Sonic Fan?

Post by PinkIceFox »

Tails, Charmy, the robots, Mephiles, the president, that commander guy from Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Doom, Ray the Flying Squirrel, Bean, Bark, Chief Tikal's Dad, Chaos

Just off the top of my head.

I should probably add my knowledge of Sonic Characters and ability to list them off like that to this list... :P
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

Well, i always call Sonic characters cute. Not the human characters or Infinite, just the Metal and Furry characters. My excuse is always "I'm a girl, i get a pass".
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

I'm Ace so none of my liking characters is really as bad as what a lot of people use to insult furries and stuff...

That said I would totally give Vector a kiss on his big dumb face because he's adorable and dumb. But I still miss his Heroes Voice Actor. Maybe Eggman gets a kiss on the head because bless his evil little heart, he tries. And he has his own Chao Garden and that is just adorable. Plus getting to play as him in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle after years of frustration in the Genesis Sonic games made me really like Eggman. I miss playing as him. I should play Adventure 2 again.

Which brings me to another shameful thing. I can speak along with the dialogue in Adventure 2 perfectly. Inflection and everything. Because I've played through it that many times. I've seen it that many times. I can do Rouge's weird scream after Knuckles shatters the Master Emerald right now. And when the dialogue in the Shadow and Sonic meeting overlaps in places. I know all the theme songs by heart basically.

Heck, we rented the game so many times before buying it that the people at Blockbuster gave us a discount.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

PinkIceFox wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:08 pm Heck, we rented the game so many times before buying it that the people at Blockbuster gave us a discount.
Lucky you. It's a shame about what happened to Blockbuster though.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

PinkIceFox wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:08 pm Which brings me to another shameful thing. I can speak along with the dialogue in Adventure 2 perfectly. Inflection and everything. Because I've played through it that many times. I've seen it that many times. I can do Rouge's weird scream after Knuckles shatters the Master Emerald right now. And when the dialogue in the Shadow and Sonic meeting overlaps in places. I know all the theme songs by heart basically.
ME TOO

All my brothers can literally just start quoting SA2 scenes and finish them.

We are all also oddly okay with this.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

I wish my brother would randomly quote sonic adventure stuff with me. Lucky!
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

You guys are lucky y'all even have siblings
I have none.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by PinkIceFox »

Haha, sometimes it's as much a curse as it is a blessing. Luckily my brother and I get along pretty decently now but a few years ago I couldn't stand him because he had anger issues on top of a huge ego. Plus there was having to share game time as a child... well, until mom caved and bought us a second GameCube and a second copy of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

That is probably another thing to add to my list. I was so obsessed with playing that game that my mom had to buy a second system and copy so that I could play it if my brother wanted to play GC as well. That is the only game we own two copies of because of this. Though I think we do have two copies of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and a racing game... they were bought for different reasons. The racing game was so there was a copy at home and at my grandparents' house. I think it was the same with Crystal Chronicles. But Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? We have two copies because we couldn't take turns well.

We also used to play the sound test songs while playing with Lego. We had a big Lego continent on a card table that was in thirds, my brother had one side, my cousin the middle side, and I was across from my brother (A lamp/'the sun' sat on the fourth side). While my brother and cousin had more military and science based cities, mine was just a town of shops and houses. Of course I had minifigures I'd named after Sonic Characters, their OC wives, and their children. There's some more shame!

Ooh. Speaking of OCs. The biggest shameful thing of all: I have more than 50 OCs for Sonic the Hedgehog. More than a lot of my other fandoms combined. Some from when I was 12, and some as recent as last year. My latest was my Dog Girl OC from Sonic Forces I accidentally fell in love with the design of. I still need to name that one... my Girlfriend and I have role played so much sonic that we've had retcons, rewrites, and alternate continuities before we did a hard reboot at some point. And our characters evolved as well. My first girls were all clones of their would-be boyfriends (well, save Lizzy. Lizzy's a crocameleon because I couldn't draw crocodiles as a kid). But now a lot of the girls aren't even with the guys I originally made them for; because they wouldn't fit with that guy as a couple. Hell, the girl I made up for Nack is now totes gay with my girlfriend's character who in past continuities was just her BFF.

I have decades worth of shame, kids. I didn't even like sonic until Sonic Adventure 2: Battle came out and I played it. Mostly because I was horrible at Sonic 2. I'm still kinda bad at 2D Sonic games. Maybe that's why I have an unreasonable hate for Classic Sonic. xD He brings up childhood trauma. That and I would totally have traded his levels in Forces for more Avatar stages.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

^
That last sentence makes me think of something.
I'm such a weird Sonic fan, so everytime someone brings up something bad or something that should be in the trash, i say "Hey, can we throw Sonic and the Secret Rings in there?" because i legitimately hate that game and i think it's the worst Sonic game and every copy of it should burn in hell and be replaced with an actual good game (i mean, i would totally like Sonic 06, so i guess everyone would get to choose since nobody likes Sonic 06?? Or, wait i would just choose a Gamecube with Sonic Heroes....or maybe a Switch with Splatoon 2?? I don't know....the new Spyro game isn't out yet so i can't pick anything for PS4, i already have the only 8 good games for PS4.) as you can see, i really hate this game. (And get off topic alot because dang you ADHD >:c)
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

On the opposite end of the spectrum from having too many fancharacters, I'm ashamed I have so few. I'm not much for ideas.

When I do make them, they tend to be ancestors or other family members of existing characters.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
NiGHTSIsLife
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: If you have time to worry, then run!

Post by NiGHTSIsLife »

SO. MUCH. FANART! My old sketchbooks are filled to the brim with bad drawings from when I was 12. I seriously need to burn them. They can NEVER see the light of day! And I haven’t even mentioned my OCs! I got waay into Sonic when I was 11 (it’s all my dad’s fault!) and I had a self-insert that was in love with Sonic. But it didn’t stop there! I’ve had three OCs since then, and the worst of them was an unnamed magenta skunk who was insecure because she couldn’t control her spray (so original).
“Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.”
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Flipnotes.
Of my bootlegged edgehog the not shadow and all of whatever girl Sonic characters I had at the time falling for him.
Oh dear. :darkno:
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

When i was 4, i went on YouTube and watched Sonic crap.
I remember watching this really vulgar Sonic sprite series thing?? It was a YouTube series about a bunch of the Sonic characters and i'm pretty sure they lived together or something?? Anyways, there was alot og swearing. I don't remember any inappropriate stuff but i remember there was loads of swearing. Loads of it. I remember one time in one episode Sonic wanted Shadow to babysit a Pikachu, and Shadow started dropping F-Bombs and talked about how he didn't want to take care of it. Oh geez. :no:
There was also one i watched where Sonic was trying to take a bath and Amy busted in so he screamed really loud. My grandma told me off when i told her i watched that crap lol.
So, that's something i still cringe about. I actually found that video of Amy and Sonic this year and my friend watched the vulgar one apparently.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Post by YuYuChaosho »

^ HOLY MOTHER OF FRICK
do you mean the Sonic Shadow and Silver show???
That series was and still is the bomb. Brings the child out of me. Just rewatched a couple of that.

- - -
Being a Sonic fan. I have played only two Sonic games in my entire life time. TWO.
Unleashed. and Aventure 2
Such is the definition of a true Sonic fan.. little exposure to the series \(-v-)/
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

^
No clue what it was called tbh. °^°
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

YuYuChaosho wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 am Being a Sonic fan. I have played only two Sonic games in my entire life time. TWO.
Unleashed. and Aventure 2
Such is the definition of a true Sonic fan.. little exposure to the series \(-v-)/
I mean, I'm sure there are a lots of people who joined this site just from playing SA2, but that's still weird.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

I'm a part of the "had at least one bad Sonic FC when they were younger" crowd.
In particular, it was an awful recolor of Tails that 12-year-old me thought was the coolest thing she'd ever churned out. The "OC" in question didn't last longer than maybe 24 hours or so, though; literally as soon as I uploaded a drawing of her to deviantART, an older user left a comment telling me to knock it off (and also accused me of doodling on top of a Sonic X screenshot, which actually wasn't true). I got so offended that I deleted the whole thing, though I ended up making a couple of even worse chao characters in the Tails ripoff's place soon after.

Uh... I had also gotten into the Sonic sprite movie scene around that time, and made a terrible one in the style of dmetrius96, whose videos I was a huge fan of as a pre-tween. I'd had plans to make more, but just as quickly grew out of it before that could happen.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

Becoming a Sonic Fan.
Jesus christ.
I regret my life choices.
P.S: I regret shipping some Sonic ships too, like Shadria, because Shadow is a hedgehog and Maria is a human so that is absolutely DISGUSTING.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

Apart from the obligatory "I joined a Sonic themed forum", I've had my fair share of really shameful Sonic things.

In school, whenever I was in a study hall or had any free time, I was that kid that sat in the back corner of the room drawing Sonic characters in a notebook, which is also why I have a TON of notebooks and sketchpads full of nothing but drawings of Sonic characters.

As for OCs, I've only ever made a couple of them, definently not as many as most other people, but the OCs I've done weren't necessarily meant as Sonic characters and were more so just animal characters with design elements inspired by Sonic character designs, with the obvious exception of Nyarshin the Cat, who was based off my avatar in Forces.

I also have a tendency to make really dorky references and quotes to Sonic at very random times (or times that seem random to everyone else). For example, I recently went to a zoo with my parents, and as soon as I saw a Lemur, I immediately said "Hey look! It's Tangle!", and no one else knew what the hell I was even talking about.

Speaking of Tangle, I'm a REALLY big dork for the new IDW Sonic comics, and I've drawn more fan-art of the characters (specifically Rough and Tumble) than anyone else ever has, and I'm not even exaggerating.

And to end off my list of shame, on Halloween when I was 15, I wore a green hoodie, gold chains, and headphones and said I was dressed up as Vector. My dad got on me about it because he said my costume idea was "not creative", and I ended up not wearing it at all because as soon as I got to school, I noticed that no one else was wearing costumes despite us all being allowed to wear costumes. Yeah.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

^
M'am/Sir i can assure you that i have much more Sonic drawings than you probably ever had.
i still can't draw any Sonic character so screw it
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

Post by a chao »

When I was 9 I... played sonic flash games... That sucked. one of them was "Sonic in Mario world". I was a hardcore sonic fan... I am still cringing at the sight of this, even from memory. I stil feel crappy putting this on chao island. :no:
chao are cool as heck :cool:
a chao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: "Ima outta here!"

Post by a chao »

But hey, at least I didn't make oc- wait whats that brother? Oh... "Sonic Character Creator"... I hate old me. :blah:
chao are cool as heck :cool:
CiaoChao
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: This site ain’t what it used to be

Post by CiaoChao »

Time for a fandom confession: I was so cringe. I even was cringe on here back in the day on a ancient account. I don’t remember if I was doing a horrible attempt trolling (which seems likely based on what I can remember) or I just was a extra idiotic child. I used to spam the emotes, make irrelevant topics, etc. I used to be so ashamed but now I am indifferent about it, I was young and dumb like so many people who grew up online. Note 99% if not all of these I am about to list were done as a child/minor.

Here are some other things I did that were cringe:

* I was scared of the tails doll when I was in elementary school

* I convinced a friend Sonic was real in elementary school and pretended I was possessed by the Tails Doll in front of said friend.

* Shadow was a childhood crush (please forgive me lord.)

* I was a avid SonAmy fan in elementary school. I hated SonSally. This was mostly because I had a friend at the time I had a crush on who wanted a girlfriend like Sally and said I was too much like Amy to date. We were such dumb kids. As for ships now, I can’t care less lol.
:omochao:
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

Oh... back in the day, I idolized Tails to the point that I wanted to quote-unquote "protect" him from hate speech by any means necessary.

...maybe that's not so stupid, looking back. Maybe it's easier living on your own looking out for a fictional guy than sharing your life with other actual human beings. I mean, heck, we're not exactly low maintenance, are we?
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
MoltenPig
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: I have a chao named Presto. He is weak, but cute

Post by MoltenPig »

As a Sonic fan, I was contractually obligated to create an OC, therefore making Grey the Wolf. I've had him for a long time.... many regrets... I've also learned the lyrics to 99% of all crush 40 songs.