Comparing All the Star Wars Movies to Sonic Games

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Comparing All the Star Wars Movies to Sonic Games

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

So I found a way to convey my thoughts on all the Star Wars movies by comparing them to Sonic games.This is mostly for laughs and giggles, but I don't know why I'm really doing this please send help immediately.

A New Hope - Sonic 1 - They're both the start of their franchise, and they're both classics. There's some stupid stuff (like Luke's incessant whining and Marble Zone) but they still hold up pretty well.

Empire Strikes Back - Sonic 3 & Knuckles - They're the high points in their respective series. They both have fantastic music and introduce some new fan favorite characters.

Return of the Jedi - Sonic Adventure 2 - Not as good as everyone remembers, as their riddled with plot holes and some crap they should've cut out. But they're nostalgic to look back on, and they're still pretty damn enjoyable to be honest. They also give us some great final battles and a nice sense of finality. Plus they both have adorable creature-things that mostly everybody loves.

The Phantom Menace - Sonic '06 - Considered the low points of their franchises, nearly nobody likes them, and they introduce characters that are universally hated. The music is absolutely fantastic, though.

Attack of the Clones - Sonic Boom - Let's be real, these are much worse than Episode 1 and Sonic '06. They're extremely forgettable, really stupid, and are just visually unappealing. But at least we got some pretty good Cartoon Network shows out of them.

Revenge of the Sith - Sonic and the Secret Rings - Pretty much ANYTHING was an improvement at this point. They both still have some glaring issues upon revisiting, but if you're able to ignore all the crap, you'll have a decently enjoyable experience.

The Force Awakens - Sonic 4 - Unbelievably over-hyped, and praised upon initial release. Looking back on them now, they're not out-right terrible, but they are just shameless rehashes of the first movie/game but everything has a different name so it's "new." Just watch/play the originals instead.

The Last Jedi - Sonic Forces - They feel like bad fanfictions, promise us interesting character backstories and cool new villains but ultimately leave us feeling disappointed, have "ok" music that doesn't compare to the rest of the franchise, weird out of place humor that falls flat, some great characters (Finn and Shadow), along with some terrible depictions of characters of old characters (Luke and Tails). And I don't know if I like them or not yet I'm very mixed on both.

Rogue One - Sonic Colors - They both have really really stupid writing at times, along with a healthy dose of terrible jokes, but they were surprisingly pretty good.

Solo - Shadow the Hedgehog - Spinoffs that nobody took seriously when first announced. Very mixed opinions within their fanbases.

The Star Wars Holiday Special - Sonic Shuffle - Absolutely terrible. Never speak of these again. Great riffing material, though.
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Comparing All the Star Wars Movies to Sonic Games

Post by ChillyChao »

For me it's:
All Star Wars Movies = Sonic and the Secret Rings
They're both terrible
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Re: Comparing All the Star Wars Movies to Sonic Games

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

^
Yeah that's fair enough I guess
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.