Updates on the Sonic the Hedgehog Movie (2019)

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: The day only gets worse when the sun sets at 3pm

Updates on the Sonic the Hedgehog Movie (2019)

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Sooooo.. this:
is a thing... Sonic gots the furs and he’s got an eyeball thing
And it looks like they changed his sneaker design too..
and thick legs
SEGA does what Nintendon’t
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Updates on the Sonic the Hedgehog Movie (2019)

Post by Ivogoji »

There are so many things wrong with this image that I don't even know where to start.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

Paramount has managed to create a cursed Sonic image better then any of us could've.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Me, yesterday:
Naoto Ohshima, today:
https://twitter.com/NaotoOhshima/status ... 97216?s=20
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Anyone mind describing what's got everyone up in arms for the blind man's benefit?
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 am Anyone mind describing what's got everyone up in arms for the blind man's benefit?
The image shows Sonic with a questionable human-like look. Sporting furry toned legs, arms, and a solid looking body. His head is still proportional to his body with the spikes which gives an odd vibe to it..
I’m really bad at describing it effectively but they made Sonic look like a Furry.
Sorry for late reply btw..

—— - ——
Anyways, here’s some other pics that they released during the Island update.
Can’t tell if this were fake leaks or not..
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 am Anyone mind describing what's got everyone up in arms for the blind man's benefit?
Sonic looks like a naked blue man.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Ivogoji wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:59 pm
Sonic looks like a naked blue man.
>naked *hairy* blue man
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Another update
This one from the Sonic Movie's Japanese website (and some Reddit post)
The Reddit post: "https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgeh ... he_almost/
the image on the right is much lighter than the image on the left
This shows that the new Sonic look has something of a snout and possibly beige arms.
Sonikku2k
Egg
Egg

Post by Sonikku2k »

I am not pleased at all with this movie.
All my worst fears are turning real. Its horrible.
Is there any way to stop this film from coming out or to protest against it?
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Hola,
I am back to bring another Sonic the Movie picture thing (after months of nothing)

and here is it’s render
that render looks pretty cute tbh

As you can see the Sonic we will be getting looks more like the Sonic in the “chilling out behind a guy” leak. Which is wayyyy better than what we all thought the shadowed in Sonic would look like earlier this year! So I dunno be happy or something. :thinking:
...they also made his torso long like wHAT
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

Along with this one, they also had a picture of Sonic with a list of character traits, and they seriously misspelled the word "Likable" as "Lickable" :3

I swear, the Sonic memes make themselves :3

EDIT: Okay, so I heard that that may or may not have been photo-shopped (even though part of me still believes it wasn't). Regardless, considering the fact that that image was the very first time I ever saw Movie Sonic, every time I see him now, "Lickable" is the first word that comes to mind.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

He's adorable
Oh my god-
I will be the girl showing up to the movie decked out in Sonic merch with my 3DS that has 3 Sonic backgrounds on it
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

AugustChao wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:15 pm Along with this one, they also had a picture of Sonic with a list of character traits, and they seriously misspelled the word "Likable" as "Lickable" :3
Just how I like my hedgehogs.
Chill and Lickable
ChillyChao wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:21 pm I will be the girl showing up to the movie decked out in Sonic merch with my 3DS that has 3 Sonic backgrounds on it
That’s how you show true love ;w; to something that might possibly disappoint you..! such a good Sonic fan you are ;;w;;
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

I keep going back and forth from “I enjoy this Sonic design” to “wth is that”

Anyways yes, more screenshots! I do... believe these are from the trailer that has just been released. I just saw IG pages talk about it and stuff..

So... I don’t exactly enjoy the design and how it looks now.. I dunno maybe it has something to do with him looking like a small man dressed up as Sonic.. maybe it’s the... teeth (shown in the first pic)
I dunno, maybe I’m just reacting off of shock and then how good the Detective Pikachu movie looks compared to this...
What do you guys think? You guys are free to post up some more screenshots if ya want.
:thinking:

Edit: got time to watch the trailer and I've got to say... this movie is causing me some seriously mixed feelings. Like I feel as if I should hate it but at the same time love it??? ;^; Paramount what did you do to my boy Sonic...
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

Although I think they actually might do a really good job with Jim Carrey as Eggman/Robotnik, the way they did Sonic is kinda conflicting to me. On one hand, I think it could have gone FAR worse, but I agree he looks like a kid in a Sonic costume, and he does not look good next to the humans. I also can't decide if Sonic looking bad is bad because they ruined Sonic, or good because we can make memes out of it :3 Also, HE HAS WHITE HANDS :darkno:

The route that the movie is going is also kinda the generic live-action Smurfs or Alvin and the Chipmunks route, where a talking CG animal (or whatever a Smurf is) befriends a random dude, and they go on a magical kid-friendly adventure. They also did that thing the Smurfs did where Sonic is from another planet, which I guess would make sense if it was something like Sonic X where a freak accident causes the Chaos Emeralds to Chaos Control him to Earth, but he instead apparently is going to be using some sort of teleportation ring like in the Archie comics (which wasn't in the trailer but was said by the people making it). Also, what are they saving the world from? Sonic isn't from Earth, so it wouldn't be a threat from Sonic's world, would it? They also said that a big part of the plot is going to be that Sonic loses his rings and that's why they have to go to San Fransisco (and also something about Doughnuts apparently), but what does this have to do with the world needing to be saved? I garuntee you this movie is going to have one ridiculous clusterf :omochao: ck of a plot.

Not to say that everything about this is completely bad, as I like I said earlier, the way they're doing Jim Carrey as Eggman/Robotnik (I'm pretty sure they're calling him Robotnik in the movie) is pretty decent, and they might be doing a thing where he progressively gets more and more like Robotnik as the movie goes on, which I think is an interesting idea. Also, even though I don't like the look of Sonic (especially next to all the humans), I do think the animation is okay for what it is. I also really like the actual acting so far, and I think that all the cast portrays who they are pretty well, and the dialogue seems like it'll be okay too (although my reaction to Sonic saying "Gotta Go Fast" was me instantly yelling "THEY DID NOT JUST DO THAT").
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

AugustChao wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 pm I also can't decide if Sonic looking bad is bad because they ruined Sonic, or good because we can make memes out of it :3
At this point I feel it’s a perfect balance of meme material and “this is absolutely terrifying”.
AugustChao wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 pm They also said that a big part of the plot is going to be that Sonic loses his rings and that's why they have to go to San Fransisco (and also something about Doughnuts apparently), but what does this have to do with the world needing to be saved? I garuntee you this movie is going to have one ridiculous clusterf :omochao: ck of a plot.
And of-course, what about this movie says “reasonable plot”?
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Ivogoji »

Mike is characteristically reserved.

Not as heartbreaking as Mr. Oshima's reaction to Sonic's redesign.
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

well,

it's bad

it's very bad

really they should have just used the preexisting sonic design and maybe his current va
and then we'd be in a much better place
like really, if they just took sonic's design and gave it a pokken style touch up he'd be fine
heck, even just leave him as is and he'd be in a much better place
((seriously why is he not wearing gloves but instead sporting mysteriously white hands))

and the plot is um,
let's just say sonic x has a better start and leave it there

then there's sonic's lines
people complain about his more recent lines in the games (I think they're okay but not great) but like
this movie has reached another level

he said "gotta go fast" 1000% non-jokingly, and I expect more things like this in the actual film

only reason I get enjoyment from this because I like watching bad films and am anticipating it full force.
like just a few weeks ago I watched garfield: a tale of two kitties
otherwise I would likely be boycotting this like the plague

Though, Jim Carrey is doing a surprisingly good performance as Robotnik.
Yet another unexpected victory for the strange, eternal triumph that is "All The Eggman Actors Are Good"

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

I take back what i said earlier
I'm going to have nightmares for weeks thanks to Sonic.
Also, this guy predicted this movie 11 years ago lol
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

---
ChillyChao wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:05 pm Also, this guy predicted this movie 11 years ago lol
this is good

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
YuYuChaosho
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by YuYuChaosho »

Ivogoji wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:57 am Not as heartbreaking as Mr. Oshima's reaction to Sonic's redesign.
Not as, but almost on the same level of sad :no:
---
Dude should totally go demand some form of payment from them! Like legit sure someone found their kid watching the AMV and thought "this will make an amazing trailer soundtrack for a movie that's Sonic the hedgehog related!"
---
chaoadventures wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:22 am really they should have just used the preexisting sonic design and maybe his current va
and then we'd be in a much better place
like really, if they just took sonic's design and gave it a pokken style touch up he'd be fine
heck, even just leave him as is and he'd be in a much better place
((seriously why is he not wearing gloves but instead sporting mysteriously white hands))
I thiiiink, they were "trying" for a realistic Sonic? But sorta poured a bit too much real hedgehog into the mix. Cuz you know, real hedgehogs don't wear gloves. As for the changing of the va.. I don't know what they were thinking, they didn't even try to get someone who remotely sounds like Sonic!
Honestly I believe they were trying too hard to push Detective Pikachu out of the spotlight with how.. possible it could be to have little magical creatures running around? Which is how we've ended up with what I now call "looks like Boom Sonic but fed to Unreal Engine 4" Sonic.
---
chaoadventures wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:22 am he said "gotta go fast" 1000% non-jokingly
AugustChao wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 pm (although my reaction to Sonic saying "Gotta Go Fast" was me instantly yelling "THEY DID NOT JUST DO THAT").
I honestly didn't hear that cringe phrase the first time I watched the trailer but after watching it a second time... They're using it in the wrong tone of voice!! xD and I wonder whyyy they went for that phrase and not something cool like "I've got a need for speed" or something?? I know for a fact Sonic has millions of different "need for speed" phrases they could've used
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Can't really comment on the design because blind, but with how many times Sonic has had a voice change over the years, it's hard to get mad about that(White, Drummond, Griffith, and whoever voiced him in the dub of the OVA all sound quite different, and while I'm not familiar with Smith's portrayal, I'm sure his and new guy #6 also sound distinct).

Also, for some reason, I'm now imagining a sort of Sonic Infinite Crisis with all of his English VA collaborating on a project featuring:
-Pre-Endgame Archie/SatAM/AoStH Sonic voiced by White
-Classic Anime Sonic voiced by whoever voiced him in the dub of the OVA.
-Adventure Sonic voiced by Drummond.
-Sonic X Sonic voiced by Griffith.
-Modern SegaSonic/Boom Sonic voiced by Smith.
-and uncanny valley movie Sonic voiced by guy #6.

And then having a Joke scene where Adventure, X, and Modern Sonic are speaking Japanese and voiced by the guy who has been Sonic's Japanese voice actor since Adventure... and perhaps including a line or two about how they all suddenly sound the same.

But seriously, Sonic has had a lot of English VA for being less than 30 years old.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

Boy, this whole thing would be funny if it weren't so tragic.
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

I'll just reiterate what I tweeted... wait a sec I think I have a tag for this:

So yeah, as soon as Jim Carey was announce for Robotnik I got excited haha - obviously from the trailer it looks like a pre-story before he turning into mad genius huge moustache guy, but everyone just wanted something to complain about...

I just don't think Sonic looks cool at all - but I don't know how they could have made him in Live Action mode.. maybe if he was shorter and has bigger quills? Sonic looks like a rat right now haha
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.