What Sonic character would you like in Smash Bros?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

What Sonic character would you like in Smash Bros?

Post by AugustChao »

Super Smash Bros Ultimate came out earlier this month, and I myself just got it for Christmas! Playing it got me thinking about what other Sonic characters would be cool to play as in Smash Bros. And so, I pose the question to you all, what Sonic characters would you like to see in any future Smash Bros game?

Personally, I'd like to see Team Hooligan (Fang/Nack, Bean, and Bark) in Smash, and because they're in Sonic the Fighters, I guess that makes them qualified (although I know for a fact they'll never get in, but I can dream).

As for characters that actually have a chance at getting in, I'd say either Shadow or Silver (or both!) or any characters from IDW.

EDIT: I should probably mention that although Shadow isn't a playable character yet, he is techinically in both Brawl and Ultimate as an assist trophy. However, that doesn't mean he can't upgrade to being a playable character, as there have been assist trophies that later became playable, such as Dark Samus and Isabelle.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Personally, I'd rather have Tails, Amy, or Blaze. Tails because there aren't that many sidekick characters in the roster, and Amy or Blaze because their aren't that many females in the roster. Plus, while Shadow or Silver could have some unique moves, they'd probably just make either a Sonic clone/echo fighter.

That said, I think Sonic is long over due for a third fighting game, and it would be pretty cool if it came in the form of a Smash clone.

If they did make another Sonic Fighter, here's what I'd want to see regarding Roster:
Sonic: Speedy acrobat with wind-based projectiles and a few full-body melee attacks.
Tails: Jack-of-all-stats on the ground, but a master of aerial combat, and user of many high-tech weapons.
Knuckles: Physical Brawler and capable of tossing around boulders and other heavy objects in the battle field.
Shadow: Speedster with a variety of Chaos powers.
Amy: Hammer-wielding jack of all stats.
Cream: Glass cannon of sorts, relies on Cheese for mostly projectile attacks and a less capable flyer than Tails.
Rouge: Kickboxer/aerial acrobat.
Blaze: Speedy pyrokinetic.
Metal Sonic: Speedster equiped with heavy artillery.
Mech Tails: Tails driving the Cyclone walker.
Eggman: Mighty Glacier with limited aerial abilities thanks to the Egg walker's jets. Slower, but packs more fire power than the Cyclone.
Omega: More manueverable than the Mechs, but lacks Metal Sonic's agility.

For a starter roster with perhaps the Chaotix, the Babylon Rogues, Silver, Mighty and Ray, Marine, Gemeral, and Chaos as possible unlockables, and maybe at a stretch the Hooligans, Tails Doll and Mecha/Metal Knuckles, Cosmo and Dark Oak, or event some non-Sonic Sega characters(Nights probably being the most likely). Wouldn't hold my breath for any Sonic X characters ever showing up in an official game, much less for any of the characters created for western media.
Omega:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: What Sonic character would you like in Smash Bros?

Post by ChillyChao »

Shadow.
No context.
Just, Shadow.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing