How have you changed since joining this server?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
skwid79
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

How have you changed since joining this server?

Post by skwid79 »

So I decided to come back here to look at what I posted as mostly a 16-17 year old. I am now 23 years old and I can tell I'm alot different than I was when I was a teenager. For one my edge faded and I am now a much more mellow person. Of course things like the music I listen to have changed alot where I was a young edgy metal head back in 2012-2013, while I do still like the genre it is not my #1 preferred form of music today. I no longer watch MLP although I have no problem with the show, I have just stopped keeping up with it. My thoughts on Lucky Star are totally different although I haven't watched it, I no longer blindly hate it. My thoughts on footwear definitely changed as a long time ago I made a post about shoes and said It would be a cold day in hell when I wore sandals and well, looks like hell froze over because I now love sandals when its warm. if you'd like to see what I was like back as a teenager go ahead and take a look for yourself.
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=s ... mit=Search
Message me on Discord if you so please at skwid79#4016
skwid79
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Re: How have you changed since joining this server?

Post by skwid79 »

I realized general chat is gone, mods can lock this if they want. Dont know how to delete topics anymore.
Message me on Discord if you so please at skwid79#4016
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

In case the mods decide to let this thread stay open:

For me, the biggest changes would be going blind and completing my Bachelor's in Computer Science.

Not sure my interests have really changed that much. My music collection remains a rather eclectic mix of genres, time periods, and country of origin. I do less gaming and watch less television while doing more reading on the Internet, but fanfiction and web originals, but the mixture of genres hasn't really changed, and the medium shift largely comes down to most video games being unplayable by the blind and many television shows losing a lot when you take away the visuals.

I actually got into MLP:FiM after joining, but I was already a big fan of the magical girl genre, and it has pretty much all the hallmarks of the cute witch sub-genre, just with a non-human cast and being a rare, non-Japanese example. That does remind me that I need to give seasons 7 and 8 a listen(don't have anyone to talk about the show with anymore, and I'm not plugged into anything that can remind me when new episodes came out, so a while back I looked up the episode list on Wikipedia to discover I've missed two whole seasons).
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

It's been like almost a year since i first joined and uh
I'm not really into Sonic anymore
I don't only listen to about 5 songs
Sonic Adventure isn't my favorite game
TikTok isn't cringe to me (lol)
Edit:
Puyo Puyo is better than Sonic
Puyo Puyo Tetris is my favorite game
Last edited by ChillyChao on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
ZipoCXG
Chao Artist
Chao Artist
Motto: Well have you had curry?

Post by ZipoCXG »

I was an absolute brat back when I first joined, I find it almost unbelievable that I even made some of the posts that I did back then. Though ignoring my immature behaviour, I was a lot more social and active within the community. I think it was because of a "thrill" I got being exposed to a new type of environment, one with a lot of people with similar interests to mine, and were nice, unlike the people I knew in school. Though over time, I kinda isolated myself within just one topic, and lost my social drive, and in a way, the more I matured, the less I spoke. In a way, I do still miss how this site was 10 years ago, if only for activity levels, both from me, and the community in general (even if there was quite a lot of drama back then).

In terms of non-Chao Island stuff, I've developed many new interests; too many to mention here in fact. But aside from that, I'm still a total dork.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Really, I just got better at saying what's on my mind in a more coherent fashion. While it was with very good reason it was deleted, I feel a particular topic I made showcases that.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

My ability to A rank in Sonic games has improved dramatically.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD