Favorite Sonic OST?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Favorite Sonic OST?

Post by ChillyChao »

Even though i'm definitely not a Sonic fan anymore, the music still slaps, so what song from Sonic is your favorite?
Mine personally is the unused Shadow the Hedgehog song, Broken. I'm listening to it right now, and honestly have had it on nonstop for hours. I only just found it but it's honestly my new favorite song. I love how edgy it sounds, doesn't sound like it's from a Sonic game, even if it is from the Sonic game with the guns and minor swearing.
Wbu guys?
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Favorite Sonic OST?

Post by chaoadventures »

Lemme see here:

With Me (Sonic and the Black Knight)
Waking Up (Shadow the Hedgehog)
This Machine (Sonic Heroes)

These come to mind for me, but probably because they're part of my very recent realization they're one of the two types of music I tend to like more than others.

I also finished Sonic Rush Adventure recently, so Whisker & Johnny, Big Swell, Deep Core (Allegro), and the Waterbike theme, are big ones for me.

Speaking of Adventure, care to talk about our lord and savior Sand Hill (and Sand Road)?

Other less specific favorites are usually the more different Sonic OSTs like Sonic Rush and Sonic R. Rush's OST is fabulous and has the energy I feel Sonic should revisit musically, and R is... the other type of music I tend to like. What genre is Sonic R music? I have absolutely no idea.

Sonic music being good is a near eternal constant so it's hard to just pick some, and I probably left out some uncategorized all time favorites.

Also I'm surprised I haven't listened to Broken yet? I read it was unused a while ago but never got around to listening to it.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

anything where crush 40 and nu metal doesn't ruin it
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

I personally think that the vast majority of Sonic's vocal themes are really good, especially the ones by Crush 40 and the rest from the Adventure era games. There are some I don't really care for like the vocal themes from Sonic Riders Zero Gravity or Reach for the Stars from Sonic Colors, but the stage music makes up for them. Speaking of stage music, Sonic games also have consistently good stage themes, and I especially like the ones from the classic games as well as the more instramental or rock themed ones from the Adventure era games. I also really like the soundtracks with a lot of diverse styles like Sonic Unleashed and 06 as well as the more electronic-y sounding ones that also have varying styles like in the Rush games.
MoltenPig
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: I have a chao named Presto. He is weak, but cute

Post by MoltenPig »

Hands Down, Sonic Rush.
camilahenry
Egg
Egg

Post by camilahenry »

Chemical Plant Zone
WaffleRaccoon
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: "I like Waffles and Raccoons"

Post by WaffleRaccoon »

Hands Down, Sonic 06. It may be a bad game but Sega can never mess up their music. His World, Dreams of Absolution, All Hail Shadow, and Waters Edge are my personal favorites! :darkhappy:
I like Waffles and Raccoons :darkhappy:

I like playing Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and I beat both of them. I mostly spend my time in the Chao Garden and collecting Emblems.
My Chao's Name: Peaches
Is my Chao a Hero or Dark: Hero

Chao's Color: Dark Green