No more Roger Craig Smith?

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

No more Roger Craig Smith?

Post by AugustChao »

So a few hours ago, Roger Craig Smith revealed on his Twitter that he's stepping down as the voice of Sonic after almost 11 years of voicing him. Honestly, even though I personally preferred Ryan Drummond and Jason Griffith, I like all of Sonic's voice actors and think Roger Craig Smith has done a really good job. Also, I could be wrong, but I'm just kind of assuming that Ben Shwartz will be taking over since he already voices Sonic in the movie, and I already think he does a pretty good job too, so I'd be cool with him voicing him in the games too.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: No more Roger Craig Smith?

Post by AugustChao »

So four months have passed, and...

HE'S BACK?!

Yeah, so he just announced today that he's coming back and will continue voicing Sonic, and he also said that he can't for us to see what Sega's revealing tomorrow (which implies to me that whatever it is, he'll be in it). My only guess is that the original plan back in January was to re-cast him and possibly some other members of the cast, but something happened in between then and now that made Sega and/or the voice cast change their mind. It could also just be that Roger Craig Smith himself just wanted to come back or Sega speficially decided that they wanted him back, so it is still possible that some other people could be re-casted for the next game, although it's already been confirmed that Mike Pollock will continue being Eggman (because he'll probably never stop being Eggman), and I'm also assuming that Colleen O'Shaughnessey will continue voicing Tails at least for the second movie purely because she voiced him in the teaser at the end of first movie. They also re-casted a bunch of people in Team Sonic Racing, and I'm also assuming those people will be sticking around too because it wouldn't make sense to re-cast them for that game and then re-cast them again immediately after.

...Also, to those of you don't know, it's also been revealed that something (presumably the next game) will be announced tomorrow, so we'll definitely get more news and info then.