Sonic Frontiers and Sonic 2 (movie) trailers

General stuff to do with the blue blur! Talk about him, his friends, the TV show, whatever you like!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Sonic Frontiers and Sonic 2 (movie) trailers

Post by AugustChao »

(Possible spoilers ahead for anyone who hasn't seen either of the trailers that just came out a couple days ago)

So... thoughts on the upcoming movie and Sonic Frontiers?

For the movie, it looks to me like it'll be just as good if not maybe a bit better than the first one, and I'm also already looking forward to seeing how Idris Elba Knuckles is gonna go, even with just the one line of his we've heard so far. Also, I've been seeing articles and stuff saying that he actually put a lot of research into Knuckles to get a good idea of his character, which is both really good and also hilarious when you think about it (cuz that means he probably knows about what happens with him in the Archie comics and was also probably exposed to a lot of memes :3).

As for Sonic Frontiers, I personally am looking forward to it for a lot of reasons, but there are a couple things that worry me just a tad about it. I really like BOTW and games like BOTW, and I also really like the comics which is why I'm excited to see how a game written by Ian Flynn will go, but at the same time, I also think the trailer for this game is being a little too blatant with it's BOTW inspiration. Part of me was actually expecting it to be some kind of open-world game since it's initial reveal, but I was hoping maybe they'd go for a bit more of a creative direction with it rather than it just being Sonic of the Wild (or Breath of the Sonic? :3). I also think it's release might be just a tad poorly timed if it's coming out the same year as Pokemon Legends Arceus and possibly BOTW 2, and there's a good chance a lot of people will get sick of the genre because of it. As I said though, I am still looking forward to it and do plan on playing it regardless when it comes out, and I will also hold my criticisms of it until I actually play it or at the very least see more of it.