Should they make a Sonic Adventure 3?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Re: Should they make a Sonic Adventure 3?

Post by PinkIceFox »

I like green birds but not NEARLY as much as I love lavender colored weasels.

*cuddles* NACKNACKNACKNACK
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

Sonic Adventure: Boost to Win Edition
sonicdude364
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by sonicdude364 »

chaorain wrote:I've wanted to ask people if they thought it was a good idea to make another sonic adventure game it would be nice they'd bring back chao, make new types of chao, and make an awesome new story line. Now if you think this is stupid dont be mean about it, please.PLEASE thank you.

I well really like sonic adventure 3 to come out but they are just going too make it horrible,in sonic generations they just put all of the old levels from old sonic games in one game,wazzup with that!?!thats just stupid,they should just make a complete new sonic game like sonic adventure 3 with chao, they are just losing ideas too put in sonic games this days.
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

1. Sonic Generations isn't supposed to be like the adventure games.

2. That was the whole point of sonic generations. To play through the history of Sonic's adventures through all of his main games because the time eater was wrecking the place. Did you not understand the plot or something?

3. Not all sonic games have to be adventure style games. Back when they came out THEY were the weird games in the Sonic library.
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

The only thing Generations has in common with the older games are zone themes. If I played through segments similar to the originals, I hardly noticed because of new level design.

Also, I don't think they've run out of ideas. I think when they try something remotely new fans react negatively and drown out innovations the new games actually make. That's why I hesitate to see an Adventure 3 because I feel like it'd be a step backwards because I'm not sure Sonic Team would risk adding much.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
wasser
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by wasser »

they already made sonic adventure 3 and it's called sonic the hedgehog

let's hope they don't screw up sonic adventure 4
ShadouZaHejjihoggu
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by ShadouZaHejjihoggu »

^ Do you see the name "Sonic Adventure 3" on the boxart for the 2006 game "Sonic the Hedgehog?" No? I didn't think so.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 isn't Sonic Adventure 3.

However, Sonic Adventure 3 would be nice, I guess.
btw i cant beat the bailey fight
wasser
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by wasser »

the game was clearly developed with an adventure formula, read this snippet and tell me it doesn't apply to any given adventure title
... with [Sonic's] first adventure set in the human world. Featuring interactive 3D environments and a large cast of returning and new characters, get ready for the reinvention of Sonic The Hedgehog, in his most intense, high velocity escapade to date.
the name is just a name, it's still adventure 3
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

I agree with wasser on this one. You've got an interwoven storyline mechanic between more than one character with different play-styles (Shadow and Sonic are similar but their stages demand different things of them), you have a (agreeably diminished) ability to play as other characters through the buddy system, and an interactive Adventure Field. Maybe it doesn't have focus on as many characters the Adventure games had, but the formula is close.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Shadowkirby17
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: Green is not a creative colour!

Post by Shadowkirby17 »

Only if it has Chao. Not this guy, though -> :omochao:
Maybe it's ghosts.
MoonMintFox
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by MoonMintFox »

Ckchao wrote:^Minty, so what your saying, is that they should make it more like SADX? Like no duplicates like SA2B (Sonic/Shadow, Tails/Eggman, Knuckles/Rouge)?

If you are, then I half agree with you. I think this a really good style, and would be used well in/if SA3.
But, as a comeback to that, I also really enjoyed they 'Hero VS Dark' style SA2B had.
(Also, Chao Related, it would be better/easier with the SA2B style, because or the Hero/Dark allignments. I hated having to buy fruit to change the allignments.)
Aaah, no. I loved the idea of duplicates and hero v dark. Maybe a little more ability variation between sides? :0
(22:21:58) Linds_269: Someone beat Amy's vagina count
(22:22:02) Linds_269: hurry
avatar by CHOCO uwu ty New account is Ravenyte. :>
chao10112
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by chao10112 »

I would love to see a new one, especially with all the new game systems. Especially chao world would be fun. How cool would it be to see your chao in 3-D, or to pet it with the wii remote?
ImageImage ImageImage Image Image < Please click!
medoli900
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by medoli900 »

The thing that i loved in SA2B is the music,the plot,the replayability of the stage (the five mission) and,of course,the chao garden.

I would like a SA3 to upgrade the gameplay of each stage.The sonic/shadow stage is good,the shooting one,tails/eggman is ok,but not my style (that's a personal opinion) but the treasure hunting is bad.Not the concept,but the area.Its too small (except the key hunting for the eggman gate,thats the perfect size) ,we fly a little,then the emerald indicator flash...

Or even a elaborated chao garden game,with rainbow texture (see the hypothesis of crazo3077) but not only for tint.I explain:
If you breed a yellow with a blue chao,you can get:
-A blue chao
-A yellow chao or
-A two-toned chao
With the rainbow texture,you could get a green chao.
If you breed a red with an orange chao,you could get a vermillion chao and so on.

Yeah,i know,it will never happen,but can't i dream?
SA2HD ps3 ranked in almost all level! Gosh,even in canon core!Rank 33 in route 101 0_0 (puting ZERO to HERO from Hercule)
I received a beautiful deep blue and black 3DS XL! *_*
Soap
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Soap »

If there *was* going to be a "Sonic Adventure 3", it had better be obscenely awesome, complete with the *ultimate* Chao system! :surprise: Because it's either that, or it'll stink worse than Duke Nukem Forever did! :herocry:

But just saying for a moment that Chao won't necessarily be the single saving grace of a hypothetical Sonic Adventure 3, it *must* adhere to the original Sonic Adventure formula of gameplay, story, and characters.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^And that post is a perfect example why any attempt by Sonic Team to do another SA-like game should NOT be called Sonic Adventure 3. Calling it that would just be asking for people to judge it compared to SA1&2 instead of judging it on its own merits.

Anyways, while I have not played Generations(or any console Sonic since Heroes, I agree with Crash32 that building on its success is the most logical next step for Sonic Team. That said, it would be nice to see them add Tails and Knuckles with their unique abilities as playable characters and include levels that actually take advantage of the Triple Threat's unique abilities without forcing them into drastically different play-styles*.

*I did not hate the shooting or treasure hunting in in the Adventure games, but some straight-up race-to-the-finish platforming with Tails and knux would have been awesome, and honestly, that is something we have not gotten in a Console-Sonic since S3K(Not counting Heroes as the Team-system made it impossible for individual characters to shine and fly and power characters were heavily nerfed) or a handheld Sonic since Sonic Advance 3(Not counting Rivals 2 since Character diversification was limited to a single super move that could only be used under certain conditions).