What REALLY happens when you say good-bye?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Jordano440
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

What REALLY happens when you say good-bye?

Post by Jordano440 »

Personally I think that went to live in a happy forest is a load of BS! Me and my friend xxphoenixxx think that the transporter is actually an incinorator, and when you "send it away" you're actually creamating it. That or you are having yourself some nice chao-kabobs later.
Last edited by Jordano440 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I shall bring you to your doom with the beauty of my new firework technique
FLAME FU!
Kyo
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Motto: time5bed

Re: What REALLY happens when you say good-bye?

Post by Kyo »

Siggy-sig
siggy
Jordano440
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Jordano440 »

I just realized i probably shouldn't have put this in the sonic adventure section. Oh well.
and that video was great! xD

:chaoangry:
^angry chao disproves though
FLAME FU!
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

xD I remember seeing that video a while back.

God that's still fantastic.

Fluffy answer: The Chao wanders off and finds his way into a paradise where all the abandoned chao have gone and established their own nation.

Realistic Answer: Because the chao were so carefully raised by sonic and company in a safe environment, they have no way of easily hunting down food for themselves nor do they have any way to fight off predators. It is likely that if the chao is a cast off infant from a failed mating, it will die. If its more evolved its possible that the chao was able to find food and survive for quite some time. However, unless it has greater speed, swimming, flying, or fighting abilities, it likely got eating by something much bigger than it.

:D
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

It becomes a vengeful, digital spirit that haunts you in your dreams.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

Technically, you are deleting your Chao from your Chao Garden data.

And that is kind of like killing your Chao, since Chao death is basically another way for an individual Chao to get deleted, except it is automatic.

:(
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

They are sent off to a Chao wildlife preserve on Whale Island (see Sonic Heroes), where they can wander into dangerous areas or fall victim to predators but generally live peaceful lives with easy access to food. Outside of captivity their life spans are typically much shorter as it is less likely they will reincarnate without constant attention from an owner. Small animals provide stat increases but are harder for Chao to catch on their own, and few will ever achieve the ability of flight. This is convenient for restricting the Chao to the preserve since they can't fly away to unprotected areas but makes them more vulnerable to predation, especially by the giant amphibians and reptiles which inhabit Frog Forest. Occasionally the Chao of this and other preserves are gathered for scientific examination by volunteers, most notably Sonic the Hedgehog and the Chaotix Detective Agency.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Zacmac74
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Zacmac74 »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
I was super young when I used this forum and probably said weird or odd stuff. Dont hold me to it!
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

Post by Tsui »

They life a happy life as part as a circus deep within the forest, where they easily live with fruit from trees and shelter.
But since they no longer exist as data, they only live if you believe they do. Like fairies.

In reality, though, they're just deleted.
Jordano440
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Jordano440 »

^
true. but its always fun to believe there is life(or immediate death) after you send your chao away haha
Last edited by Speeps on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote the above post ~JmTsHaW~
FLAME FU!
GSfan497
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by GSfan497 »

I remember that video XDDDD

The t-rex's ROAR is loud through....

:cry:
SonicBoom
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Mottoes are overrated

Post by SonicBoom »

Ivogoji wrote:They are sent off to a Chao wildlife preserve on Whale Island (see Sonic Heroes), where they can wander into dangerous areas or fall victim to predators but generally live peaceful lives with easy access to food. Outside of captivity their life spans are typically much shorter as it is less likely they will reincarnate without constant attention from an owner. Small animals provide stat increases but are harder for Chao to catch on their own, and few will ever achieve the ability of flight. This is convenient for restricting the Chao to the preserve since they can't fly away to unprotected areas but makes them more vulnerable to predation, especially by the giant amphibians and reptiles which inhabit Frog Forest. Occasionally the Chao of this and other preserves are gathered for scientific examination by volunteers, most notably Sonic the Hedgehog and the Chaotix Detective Agency.
This makes me seriously wonder what happens if you release a full level 99 chaos chao, in this context.
My out of site contact is here
Spoiler:
Hydro wrote:ESS BEE, STOP BEING A STUBBORN LITTLE CRACKMONKEY AND LOOK.
Affected by the Shrubby curse 7 times and counting.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

^Scientists hopefully find a place to put them apart from the rest, as even a few Chao of that strength would quickly out compete their weaker brethen, consuming all the food and likely never succumbing to predators. It take years before something killed them- if anything can kill a Chaos Chao- old age and starvation being a none issue. Granted the high flying and swimming stats mean they would be able to cover a much wider habitat, possibly leaving the preserve altogether, which at least would be good news for the weaker Chao.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Shadowkirby17
Adept Chao
Adept Chao
Motto: Green is not a creative colour!

Post by Shadowkirby17 »

PinkIceFox wrote:It is likely that if the chao is a cast off infant from a failed mating, it will die.
There's also a high chance of survival, as they are omnivores (Take note of small animals. If it were more realistic, they would eat them, not hug them)
and can gain stats from wandering small animals, so if they weren't raised, they'll likely find a way to find food and survive, too.
Maybe it's ghosts.