SA2 Steam Mod Request (Please Help)

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 7 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
fixitfelix
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

SA2 Steam Mod Request (Please Help)

Post by fixitfelix »

Like most people, City Escape is my favorite level in SA2. But, like many, I am experiencing the floating vehicle glitch during that level while playing on Steam. Its become a huge pain. That level isn't even fun for me anymore as a result.

For those who don't know what that is; basically, due to how the game's engine renders the vehicles, people with certain graphics cards cannot process City Escape correctly. So after the grinding on the plane part (snowboard thing) of the level, all the cars start floating around you for the rest of the level. Most prominantly, the trolley floats directly over Sonic, blocking your vision of the entire level.

Here's a video of the glitch in action: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_XaksYOUs

Googling SA2 City Escape Glitch provides you with a bunch of people discussing it, and absolutely zero solutions (trust me, i tried them all).

I'm just looking for a solution out there. Perhaps modders out there could program something that'll, at the very least, make the floating vehicle invisible? Or something...
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: SA2 Steam Mod Request (Please Help)

Post by eblu »

looks like your answer is in the comments of the video you posted.
fixitfelix
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by fixitfelix »

eboyblue3 wrote:looks like your answer is in the comments of the video you posted.
If I only knew wth AMD means. I know its caused by the intel graphics card, and I've already tried running the game as an administrator. So sadly, his comment doesn't help me at all.

Edit: Googling what he said. Apparently its a program to modify 3D games? I mean I'll try it. Can't help to try something new. After trying about 50 different suggestions all around the internet, can't hurt to try something else.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

On my old Windows 7 computer, it appeared when I right-clicked on the desktop.

Either way, I should try this too since it affects me too.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
fixitfelix
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by fixitfelix »

chaoadventures wrote:On my old Windows 7 computer, it appeared when I right-clicked on the desktop.

Either way, I should try this too since it affects me too.
Let me know how it goes! I don't have internet at home so it'll be awhile before I can even try it B(
fixitfelix
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by fixitfelix »

:darkcry: idk what that guy did anymore. I googled wth the "AMD Graphics Control Center" even is, and whatever it is it doesn't even work with computers that have Intel graphics cards?? So I'm not even sure how I'd accomplish that. Seems to me the guy who posted that comment has a computer with multiple graphics cards or something. Which I do not.

So back to the conclusion; doesn't work for me. Please. Anyone with modding abilities, help.
Pratzelwurm
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: I'm a cool kitty cat

Post by Pratzelwurm »

eboyblue3 wrote:looks like your answer is in the comments of the video you posted.
Oh, I'll definitely have to try this; this glitch has been super annoying to deal with when trying to do the level.
25↑ | he/him | simultaneously dead and alive until observed

:herocool: