Sonic Adventure: Defining the formula of perfection

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
lacey the chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: i'm adorable ♡

Sonic Adventure: Defining the formula of perfection

Post by lacey the chao »

As we know now, Sonic Team has made statements about how they have no plans for a SA3,
and that always rubs me the wrong way. Why would they not want to bring back anything from the adveture series because it's been such a great hit and still has a dedicated fanbase after all these years? It doesn't make sense from a developer perspective or from a business perspective. However, this video has shown some light on these choices, and the author himself of these videos feels as if a re-release is on the way, also being that next year will be the 20th anniversary of SA.
ANyway, here-

https://youtu.be/mwRwct4P1CE
entp & generally crude lol
:darkblah:
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Sonic Adventure: Defining the formula of perfection

Post by Ivogoji »

The real reason is that God won't allow SEGA to mess up making SA3 the masterpiece it deserves to be and is holding them back until they are ready.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

without watching the video because I generally don't like watching videos

I'd assume immediately that they wouldn't want to make SA3 without extreme caution because how badly Sonic 4 failed for not paying attention back in 2010,
and they've just witnessed the repercussions of making Forces right after Mania.

Also 06. It was an adventure styled game that almost everyone hated, and probably steered them into making boost style Sonic games just to cover up that it ever happened.

(compare S4:E1 & Colors' release, to Mania and Forces'; the better game comes out top, and also gives more ammo to fire at the less enjoyed game which hurts the company's thoughts on the subject)

I wouldn't expect a re-release of any Adventure series games though, since they're both on Steam, the Xbox One is backwards compatible with the 360 versions now,
the Nintendo systems are usually an outlier when it comes to ports, and then PS4's the only one left.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
lacey the chao
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: i'm adorable ♡

Post by lacey the chao »

I recommend watching the video, as it is the basis of this topic..
although I personally have a distaste for videos myself, I find that the author of the video goes into why its important to be cautious of hastily making an SA3, which is why the elements exist of defining what exactly is the difference between something in the adventure series VS a boost game. What elements of the games in the adventure series made it so popular, so successful, and how can we utilize those strengths in order to hope for a SA3. I know we're just fans on an obscure fan website but at this point its just interesting to me to analyze the elements that we love in the game...

we keep getting random elements like the ability to turn into a warehog, rushed after twilight princess which was totally unwarranted, but hey.
entp & generally crude lol
:darkblah: