I finished SA2

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

I finished SA2

Post by ChillyChao »

About an hour ago.
Let's celebrate with a little review. Share your opinion on SA2's difficulty. I think it's the hardest game ever personally. It took me about 6 months to finish.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Re: I finished SA2

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

You say it was hard, but I find the difficulty to be a mixed bag. I only really have a hard time with the last few stages and Knuckles part of Cannon's Core... Then again, I love the game and actually wrote a full review for it during high school.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

SA2 isn't insanely hard, nor very easy.

But this is running off of my memory of the game when I started for the first time back in like, 2007 or so, because as of right now, I have all A Ranks on the missions in a joint effort with one of my brothers and only need to complete the chao emblems for 100%, and most of the missions were pretty easy to A Rank with my current skill set.
MOST.

However, no matter what, I will always say the original Sonic trilogy is much harder however, especially 1 and 2 since they don't have save files.
and marble and chemical plant what the heck is with those game's difficulty spikes

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

@Chilly: When you say you finished SA2, do you mean you just beat FinalHazard, or do you mean you actually Completed the game with all 180 emblems?

Personally, beating the story in SA2 isn't all that hard, and FinalHazard is actually easy after taking out the BioLizard's base form.

Gettting all A-ranks, on the other hand, requires a level of mastery I never managed. Sure, there were some levels I managed a full sweep of A-ranks, but there are some levels I never got past survival level skill, and there are a few levels I never even got all five mission emblems for.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:32 am Gettting all A-ranks, on the other hand, requires a level of mastery I never managed. Sure, there were some levels I managed a full sweep of A-ranks, but there are some levels I never got past survival level skill, and there are a few levels I never even got all five mission emblems for.
Same here. I just play SA2 for fun, not to be a completionist. A ranking everything is just something I couldn't manage to do. Heck, when I do Radical Highway mission 4, I somehow run out of time right before I touch the goal ring.

Stargoon
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Stargoon »

SA2 is immensely outclassed as "hardest game ever" (anyone who's played Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion DLC or any Mega Man game can back that claim up) but it still isn't particularly easy. I think the difficulty can often be owed to the controls for each character type that are hard to get used to (even as someone who's been playing it basically since the GCN port came out) and very... finicky and precise at times. The actual difficulty of the game/story mode does kind of see a bit of a spike in the space/ARK levels, though, as well.
Getting all A ranks, though... that's definitely a different story. Out of the hundreds of hours I've put into that game, I've never once attempted to A-rank every single objective before.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

^
I've actually played Mega Man, but i was always too bored of it to get past the first level so i still think SA2 is harder.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

I didn't think it was too difficult but it was at least challenging. Hardest part was probably cannons core for me.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

180 emblems can get very difficult.

Main story wise, I think I had the most trouble with Crazy Gadget, Cannon's Core, and kind of Lost Space. Also the Biolizard boss wrecked me a lot when I was young.
Overall I found the game a pretty good difficulty, usually with pretty fair difficulty (except for some weird falling occasions.)

It did take me a long time to beat it when I was young and first playing it.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

It's got a harder difficultly curve than Sonic Adventure.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Cannon's Core is the one level that immediately ruins my fun. I swear, that level is so hard to get through without taking a single hit. I can't even do the lost Chao mission on that stage because I have no idea what to do for it!

Woahsmea
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Everyone wants a Chaos Chao, whilie I want a Sonic Chao

Post by Woahsmea »

i'm still playing it
the eaisiest stages for me are the running and shooting stages
I hate the treasure hunting
dam I joined like 3 years ago lol
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by ChillyChao »

^
I hate the running
I love the treasure hunting
Sometimes...