SA2 not working

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

SA2 not working

Post by ChillyChao »

Nobody helped me with this on Steam, so i figured i'd c&p this here.
"Hi.
I got a new Laptop and today decided that i wanted to play SA2 again.
However, i went to play it and i got a message that said "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_42.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
I tried running as an administrator but that didn't work and i don't know how reinstall it. Help??"
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: SA2 not working

Post by chaoadventures »

As far as SA2 is concerned (at least in my experience), no one EVER gets help on Steam.

---

"d3dx9_42.dll", is related to DirectX. So, chances are you can get the file you're missing can be gotten from reinstalling (like it said, of course).

To reinstall a game from Steam,

uninstall it from your library, then install the game all over again (I think you can do this from your library, but if not press the install button on the Steam store instead).

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: SA2 not working

Post by ChillyChao »

I'll try that, thanks!
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing