Most difficult level

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tails Prower
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: just a dumb argentinian doing stuff

Most difficult level

Post by Tails Prower »

Post what is for you the most difficult level. For me, it was pain the Hidden Base Tails level.
Why we cannot have a Sonic Adventure 3? I mean... it could be cool...stop saying werid things, SEGA, and make the freaking sequel!!
:thinking: :herosurprise: :darkblink:
AzureChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Dreams are eternal...

Re: Most difficult level

Post by AzureChao »

I haven't finished all of the levels 100% (by that, I mean I haven't played all the "Hard Mode" stages yet), buuuuuuut, I have to say, the hardest level for me is Cannon's Core. Not just because it's long, but getting an A rank on it SUCKS. :darkblah:
Azure (noun) - A bright blue color, like a cloudless summer sky.
papermario1998
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Coming soon to videocassette

Post by papermario1998 »

I never personally found Cannon's Core that hard, just overly long.
For me, Final Chase was terrible, mainly because of how glitchy the gravity tubes are xD
I'm back from the WayBack machine, and I'm Knocking, again.
Furry Trash :cool:
AzureChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Dreams are eternal...

Post by AzureChao »

papermario1998 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:54 am I never personally found Cannon's Core that hard, just overly long.
For me, Final Chase was terrible, mainly because of how glitchy the gravity tubes are xD
That's fair, honestly
If we're including Adventure 1 in this too, then I'd say Lost World gets really annoying with that weird stone snake thingie you have to ride on. I either BARELY make it past that part, or Sonic just goes "nOPe" and clips off of it -~-
Azure (noun) - A bright blue color, like a cloudless summer sky.
Togetic
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao
Motto: DREAM A NEW DREAM FOR TOMORROW ☆

Post by Togetic »

Aw man. As a kid I'd always get stuck at Lost Colony, Aquatic Mine, Egg Quarters, and Security Hall. Honorable mentions are Pyramid Cave for that one long hall with the ghosts, and Death Chamber for some reason.
Nowadays, none of the levels are too bad for me since I'm not as bad at the game as I used to be. Except for Mad Space. Though I still tend to avoid most of the above just cause of a learned dislike of them.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

In SA2, I used to trouble with a lot of stages like Pyramid Cave, Death Chamber, Egg Quarters, Final Rush/Chase, Crazy Gadget, and Security Hall, but now they're not that bad for me. I think the only SA2 stages that I still dread going back to are Mad Space and Cannon's Core because the side missions especially are always a pain in the neck.

In SA1, I actually think most of the stages are pretty easy, but I do agree that Lost World is probably the hardest and the snake section is really janky. Also, it took me a really REALLY long time to beat Twinkle Park and Ice Cap as Big when I was younger, and I still don't like going back to them :(
Juandieguinchi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Big Chungus isn't funny.

Post by Juandieguinchi »

AzureChao wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:37 pm I haven't finished all of the levels 100% (by that, I mean I haven't played all the "Hard Mode" stages yet), buuuuuuut, I have to say, the hardest level for me is Cannon's Core. Not just because it's long, but getting an A rank on it SUCKS. :darkblah:
I don't think getting an A rank in Cannon's Core is so hard. When playing as Tails and Eggman, just pay attention to your surroundings. There are a lot of enemies that can give you over a thousand points, and the time stop gimmick makes locking on enemies even easier, so you can do very cool tricks if you know what you are doing with the time stop. Also, is not necesary to destroy all the robots in the area. Just destroy a good amount of them and you will be fine. I know it because I always do it and still get an A. And because of the time stop, you can get a very good time bonus by just spamming and moving quickly afterwards. After you complete a character's portion of Cannon's Core, you go to the other one. But the cool thing about it is that if you die, you keep the points you got with the previous character (you still lose the points you got with your actual character) so dying is a good option if you mess up and want to try again. Obviously, do it before a checkpoint so you can get more points. The Knuckles and Rouge portion is probably the shortest of the level, just try to go quickly and defeat some enemies in your way. Use time stop to save time and you will be fine. And the Sonic portion is also, pretty short. Just try to use the Bounce Bracelet to get a better enemy score and stop time to make combat easier. After that is just a water ride to victory.
So yeah, I don't think Cannon's Core is hard to A rank, I don't think is hard at all. Some parts may be hard but with quickly manuvering you can make it in no time, you just need to pay some attention to your surroundings and you will be fine.