What would your ideal Adventure remake be like?

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
AzureChao
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Dreams are eternal...

What would your ideal Adventure remake be like?

Post by AzureChao »

Not getting my hopes up or anything again like I did 5 years ago, but... Let's just talk about this for fun! :chaohappy:

If we were to get a remake of either Sonic Adventure 1/DX, or Sonic Adventure 2/Battle, what kind of stuff would you like to see changed (or kept the same)? Would you prefer a game that keeps the physics unaltered and just looks better, new levels for characters like Shadow who lacked stages, a totally reimagined game with all new level designs and music, etc.?

Personally, I'd like the game to keep the same levels, but with new layouts, better / less buggy physics, and a remastered soundtrack by Jun Senoue and Tomoya Ohtani. Oh- and an HD chao garden with much needed quality of life changes would be SUPER cool! :wink:
Azure (noun) - A bright blue color, like a cloudless summer sky.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: What would your ideal Adventure remake be like?

Post by AugustChao »

I would want the game to be mostly the same but with added stuff like new stages and more races and stuff in the Chao Garden and maybe even more side modes and more playable characters and costumes in the 2P. I've heard quite a few people say that they want the voice acting and music to be redone, and although I would be interested in hearing a redone version of the music, I honestly never want them to redo the voice acting, mainly because it's become such an iconic part of the game and it would be a shame if they changed it.

EDIT: I should probably mention that I was talking about what I would want in a remake of SA2 specifically, but some of the same stuff here would still apply to SA1.
Tails Prower
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: just a dumb argentinian doing stuff

Post by Tails Prower »

As obvious, the Chao Gardens... better additions to it may be a 2P mode so that you can raise Chao with your friend! :chaohappy:
Why we cannot have a Sonic Adventure 3? I mean... it could be cool...stop saying werid things, SEGA, and make the freaking sequel!!
:thinking: :herosurprise: :darkblink:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Some things I'd want to see in an Adventure Duology Remaster:

Backporting of the SA2 Mission system to SA1. Perhaps not the Lost Chao missions, but make the Standard, Ring Collection, and dTime Attack missions play like in SA2 and add a Hard Mode for SA1 action stages.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Gamma have access to all 11 of SA1's action stages post Story.

Action Stages undergo the day/night cycle post story. This also means the Mystic Ruins Garden dusk and night versions are accessible outside of specific bits off specific character's stories.

All Dreamcast DLC is integrated along with all content added in the Gamecube Ports.

Gamma is added to the 2p roster in SA2's Shooter mode.

Mechless Tails with his SA1 moveset is added to SA2's 2P roster in runner mode.

All the unused Twinkle Circuit tracks are playable, and are available, along side the SA2 Kart tracks and both Route 101 and Route 280 for 2 Player races.

Beating Final Hazard unlocks the option to use any character playable in 2P mode in the corresponding SA2 Action stages(e.g. Shadow in City Escape, Amy in Crazy Gadget, Metal Sonic in Raical Highway).

SA1 Amy has a post story speed booster upgrade.

SA2 characters can play SA1 Action stages.

Dub and Sub options include both the original dubs from the DC/GC releases plus remastered dubs based on more faithful translation... and all releases include all languages. So oldbies can listen to Ryan Drummond while the kiddies hear whoever Sonic's English VA is these days.

Big's Fishing is overhauled to be an actually enjoyable Fishing minigame... though maybe some post story upgrades unlock his SA2DC abilities and let him play more like a normal character.

The levels and mechanics are left mostly untouched except to fix bugs.

The graphics are given a complete overhaul while keeping to the original aesthetics.

And to Chao:

The base system is SA2BGC.

All six gardens are interconnected, with portals from the SA2 Lobby

There are Hero, Dark, and Challenge races set on the SA1 Course.

Player can freely switch which of the medals they've won a Chao wears.

Higher capacity per garden.

Chao Storage system ala the PC in Pokemon games... can hold as many Chao as you have storage space on your gaming device.

Master Emeral Alter from the Past as playable garden(Maybe unlocks after achieving all first evolutions, including all three alignments of Chaos Chao).

All animals from both SA1 and SA2... with new animals added as needed to have six in each of Green, Red, Yellow, Purple, and Blue(Gold and Black can be combined to make six categories with six animals each). This also means all animal parts from both games.

Game keeps track of which evolutins and breeds you've raised.

Instead of being limited to 10 drives and animals that get scattered when you enter the garden, the game lets you collect up to 99 of each drive and animal which are kept in an inventory. Pulling up a Chao in the storage system, or interacting with one in a garden gives you the option of giving them a specified number of a specified animal/drive from your inventory. This cuts down on tedious farming and makes it easier to keep track of some things.

A Chao's health Chart now includes evolution sliders and a list of which animals they've been given in their current incarnation.

The Black Market includes Jewel eggs.
Togetic
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao
Motto: DREAM A NEW DREAM FOR TOMORROW ☆

Post by Togetic »

Just off the top of my head, I'd want most things to stay consistent to how they are in the originals (you know, barring some much-needed glitch/physics/controls fixes). Ideally have the OG voice actors back for some characters, though that's nothing short of impossible. Fix the awkward cutscene pacing in SA1 and don't have the characters interrupting each other like in SA2 (they're charming for their time, but they definitely wouldn't fly these days). Same level design for the most part, maybe tweak some of the mech/treasure hunting stages but not by too much. Uh, fix grinding/make the grind rails' hitbox way bigger, just make it how it is in Generations or something but with the momentum you get in SA2.

I'd really love if the mech controls in SA2 were to be redone like how Gamma's were, except for the awkward pause that slows you down when you use the jet booster; keep that the same as it was in SA2. Also, it'd be a weird change to get used to, but maybe remap some of the buttons for certain powerups in both games. Like possibly separating the spindash and the light speed dash.
Maybe do something with Tails's story to make it less like a clone of Sonic's, somehow? And fix the treasure hunting radar in SA2 to make it detect multiple shards at once like SA1's.
More Chao content of course, like in the Chao World Extended mod. Make special Chao like character/jewel Chao accessible through legit, simpler means. I might be forgetting some things but that takes care of most of my grievances.

Also I'd want to get rid of Big's story. Or at least make it less of a crapshoot. Nothing wrong with Big his gameplay just makes me want to pull my hair out.
pancholito
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by pancholito »

Mainly just quality of life stuff, I think gameplay-wise I don't like the idea of changing too much around. I like the idea of making stages more accessible for all characters, maybe adding back in some cut content like Super Sonic/Shadow in 2P Mode. There really wouldn't be too much I would like aside from some improvements around the edges, the only real additions I would be expecting from a remake would be bug fixes, upscaling, and potential features that may have already been part of the game during different points in development.
Juandieguinchi
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Big Chungus isn't funny.

Post by Juandieguinchi »

- Remastered Cutscenes in CGI for both games with redone voice work, with the option to play the original ones with the OG dubs.

- Fix story issues in the remastered cutscenes.

- Remade menu for SA1 and SA2. With better design, unused beta options, and menu themes for SA1. They should also come with an option to delete your multiplayer and chao data. I mean multiplayer data by the multiplayer skin data. Because when you unlock a new skin for MP, that data is stored.

- Remade models and graphics, obviously faithful to the original ones but with better quality.

- Recreation of the engine for all playstyles. But with a list of changes.
Replace the Somersault with the slide kick from the boost games, and map it to the B button (I'm talking from an Xbox controller perspective. In other consoles is their respective buttons).
Spamdash for SA2.
SA2 Light Dash style for both games but mapped to the Y button.
Free camera mode for SA2.
Map the Change Action action to the LB and RB buttons respectively, and Camera control to LT and RT.
Treasure Hunt physics and control from SA2 to both games.
Limit Tails's flight time so the levels can be harder.
Gamma's acceleration and speed to the mechs, and the mechs's aerial control to Gamma.
Better acceleration for Amy and Big.
Add more depth to Amy's playstyle.
Make the fishing mechanics better.
Give an unlockable option to make Amy play like her SA2 counterpart in SA1, and vice versa.

- Better sound quality and volume handling.

- Bug fixes

- Keep Sonic's stages and the Hot Shelter mostly like their original version, change something if necessary.

- Give more unique parts to every other character in a stage

- Remake the hubs to make them more like Unleashed (with shops, missions, etc...)

- Replace Mission Mode with missions from the humans in the hubs.

- Put humans in the Egg Carrier after is sunk.

- Play ''The Ocean'' when the Egg Carrier is sunk.

- Multiplayer mode for SA1.

- Online multiplayer for SA1 and 2.

- Unlock Super Sonic (like in the classics) after getting all the emblems. Unlock Super Sonic and Super Shadow for Single and Multiplayer after getting an A rank in Green Hill Zone.

- Restore the Dreamcast DLC for SA1 and SA2.

- Remake Windy Valley to be more like it's beta counterpart.

- Replace the Trial Menu with the Stage Select style from SA2 in SA1. Put the chao garden in the map.

- Ranking System for SA1

- SA2 mission system for SA1.

- Remade bosses for both games.

- Remade minigames for both games.

- Gamma, Omega, Froggy Walker (Big), Hero Chao Walker, Metal Knuckles, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Tails, Cream, Blaze and Silver for Multiplayer.

- Expand player limit to 4 in multiplayer

- Tournament mode for Multiplayer

- Multiplayer chat

- Level creator

- Chao garden creator

- Online events

- Online lobby

- Possibility to play the Campaigns with the Hard Mode layouts and harder bosses.

- Scene selection menu for both games

- Option to disable Omochao and Tikal respectively

- Chao Garden system from SA2B, here's a list of more minor changes.
Make the SA2 gardens unlockable in SA1 and vice versa
Better design for the SA1 gardens
Better control for Gamma
Remake the Chao Daycare as an online feature.
Expand the animal limit to 99
Chao Minigames from Tiny Chao Garden.
Expand the Chao limit per garden to 16
More chao expressions, sounds and animations.
Bully chao
More fruits, cosmetic
Possibility to buy Jewel, Standard ( :chao: ) and Character Chao in the Black Market.
Put all the animals from SA1 and 2 to both games
Make the Intelligence and Luck stats like any normal stat, with the slider, physical atributes, evolution types, chaos drives and animals.
Intelligence/Run = Silver Chao
Add the Kindergarten to SA1
Fix Bright Chao
Multiplayer in Chao World
You control your chao in racing and karate
Make a Chao MMORPG (Chao Adventure 3)
Chao Daycare
You can get your chao out of the garden and he helps you in the levels
VR Chao Garden
More interactions with your chao.
Play with the ball more actively with your chao. Like some sort of football minigame
Make tripping, traps and jak in the boxes less punishing in races.
Fix tree bug.
Make your chao go faster in the garden.
Better movement AI in Hero and Dark gardens
maniacallycrying
Egg
Egg
Motto: Music Enthusiast

Post by maniacallycrying »

THIS IS FOR SA1
Heres what I'd do;

1. Sonic
Keep him the same. Except, make a toggleable option to make him have his DC or GC model.

2. Tails
Same as Sonic.

3. Knux
Same as Sonic.

4. Amy
Add a speed option (which would give normal speed), and after beating a stage, an option to remove ZERO completely. Toggleable option to make her have his DC or GC model.

5. BIG
Make his fishing levels a bit more interesting. Add in hidden coves, or platforming sections to get to Froggy. Toggleable option to make him have his DC or GC model.

6. E-102 Gamma
Other E series characters as an unlockable skin change. (will replace the robot with Gamma in the cutscenes.) Toggleable option to make him have his DC or GC model.

7. Super Sonic
Make the Super Sonic model appear instead of a question mark.

8. Chao Garden
New Market for buying Chao Accessories and Garden Decor. Black Market also gets the Bronze, Silver and Gold eggs.

9. Unlockables
There is a new shop in Station Square, which has a lot of unlockable extras for emblems.

--20 Emblems--
E-101 unlock.

--40 Emblems--
E-103 unlock.
Amy's speed option is unlocked.

--70 Emblems--
E-104 unlock.
Metal Sonic unlock. (Better acceleration for Sonic, usable in adventure fields)

--90 Emblems--
E-105 unlock.
Cream unlock. (More flight for Tails, usable in adventure fields)
Mecha Knuckles unlock. (Less height lost from glide, faster digging and wall climbs, usable in adventure fields)

--110 Emblems--
Tikal unlock. (Better score for combos [Amy], usable in adventure fields)
BIG is replaced with the burger man statue. (More points and weight from fish, usable in adventure fields)

--130 Emblems--
Super Sonic in regular stages.
Gamma, replaced by Beta MK. 2 (with a Gamma skin.)