Which are better: SA1 or SA2's character themes

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Londi
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Who actually reads these?

Which are better: SA1 or SA2's character themes

Post by Londi »

What do you think? Is the more descriptive and mellow version of It Doesn't Matter in SA1 better than the shorter and fast paced SA2 version? What about Believe In Myself?

Personally, I think SA2's version of My Sweet Passion is superior to SA1's.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Which are better: SA1 or SA2's character themes

Post by Ivogoji »

I mostly like Sonic Adventure's themes more, especially the original version of Unknown from M. E.

I love Dr. Eggman's theme in SA2 though.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I should probably give them all a fresh listen, but I remember:

Preferring the remix of It Doesn't Matter and Believe in My Self, though I like both versions.

Preferring the original of Unknown from M.E. and My Sweet Passion... Didn't care for the SA2 version of Unknown from M.E. at all, and the SA2 version of My Sweet Passion is less a remix and more a shortened version.
As for the ones that only appear in one game:

I love Big and Eggman's Themes, but find Gamma, Shadow's and Rouge's Themes forgettable.

Open your Heart and Live and Learn are both awesome.

Also, I quite like the vocal tracks that SA2 used as Level Music.

Based just on Playable Character themes, SA1 has 3 hits, 2 good, but the remixes are better, and 1 dud while SA2 has 3 hits and 3 duds, So I think SA1 is better overall...

Note, this is working from memory, its been years since I actually listened to all of these... probably thanks in no small part to any mp3s I had downloaded of them being lost a few crashed hard drives ago and the only legitimate Sonic Albums I've ever owned being the 25th Anniversary Selection... not to mention that I don't have music constantly playing in the background like I did back when I could see.
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

well you have to consider what you prefer.

is that late 90s r&b and jazz with soundcloud level talent?

or is that hair metal and former front-man of Hardline paired with a Japanese garage guitarist and some soundcloud level talent?
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "