Retro's Detective Agency. (Updated 26th April)

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
truesilva
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Re: Retro's Detective Agency.

Post by truesilva »

And then Retros new search for the people who voted for him in the art contest began! *shot*
Loved reading this topic btw
egg
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

Mood setting track.

Today, I decided to visit my old friend, Retrolinkx.

After such a long time in the cold, he finally opened it back up, and I was the first to get on the ensuing bandwagon of detective work. Besides, I had just finished eating at my favorite dinner, which was only a block away from his old topic.

I didn't need to check where I was going. I always knew where I could find him. Walking up the empty, nearly abandoned stairs, I finally came to the door that read "Retro's Detective Agency". The door knob, bronze but painted gold, was warm. He was home. Stepping into the old detective's agency, I covered my eyes against the terribly bright, yet never cleansing, lights of the room.

"Retrolinkx, long time no see." I always pronounced his name wrong, simply to annoy him.

"Picka, I didn't expect to see you around these topics." His face showed a faint smile, mischievous and confused, it wasn't welcoming nor fending, as if he didn't think I'd be coming here, but could make use of me.

"Yeah well, I make my rounds." I took my hat off, and light up a cigar.

"Truth be told, I though you were dead." My old friend beckoned me to come over and take a seat.

"Really now? Why is that?" Now I was curious.

"Things have been going down, Pickachu. The Mods are acting strange, and the users are restless and violent. I was afraid you'd have been caught up in it."

"Yeah, well, ever since I became Techno, things have been different. I've been out of the light."

"Good, it's best you stay that way." At this, he poured some scotch. He offered me a glass, and I happily accepted. He drank it like medicine, gulping it down as fast as humanly possible.

"Tell me, friend, what's been going on with you?" I asked, hoping to catch up. We both held cool faces, fine tobacco and scotch, and stories to share. It would have been a great night, but something felt odd. This meeting was of fate, not of choice. I knew this was going somewhere.

"Pickachu, let's not mince words. I think something is going down here in Chao Island, and it's something big. REAL big." These words shook me. Things had been quiet here, save the occasional outburst from the rabble-rousers.

"What do you think is going to happen?" I inquired.

"I don't know. I truly don't. But whatever it is, I'm stopping it." Retro boldly proclaimed, finishing his third shot of scotch. The man could drink. Must've been his Irish blood.

"I'll help." I smiled. Then I remembered how we met. Back in the BUSHNAK and Red Chao street wars. "Like back in the war, Retrolinkx, I'll help."

"Haha, you still remember that?" Retrolinkx laughed, probably on his eighth glass.

"You do, too!" I laughed heartily. I was on my fifth. The drinks were heavy, and he was popping them like sweets. Damn, that man could drink. I was about to crack a joke, but then, from far away, he heard two gunshots.

"****." I sighed. We finished our glasses, and ran out of the door. I got my hat, too.
eboy's seme
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Bumpeth.

Guys, this is like the best topic ever, and you're going to let it die.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Nintendawg
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "With a big enough lever, I can move the world."
Location: My soul's in the 7th dimension, but my body is in Southern California.

Post by Nintendawg »

Is this like going to become a thread where anyone can post a story that they were involved in, except they will tell it from the P.O.V. that they are a detective?
Text my cell phone: 661-874-7568
Dropped by on March 21st, 2017 for nonstalgia's sake lmao.
Visited again on March 25th, 2021. Old friends...hope you are well.
Once more stopping by on January 17th, 2022.
Another visit on October 8th, 2023!
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

No.

Only me and Picka.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atnflx2ycfU

We ran outside, into the freezing raining, with lightning striking here and there, and thunder booming. It was hell. I told Picka that it may have been the thunder, but he refused, I could see it in his eyes.

We ran down the different topics, until we reached a huge crowd of people, where they were frantic. I had never seen them like this. Something big had went down.

Me and Picka shoved through the crowd, and stopped in shock at the body, Picka was right, somebody was shot.

We quickly examined the body and checked the pockets. The person was wearing a white jacket, with a white undershirt, light blue jeans and black boots. The killer shot them point blank in the face, so whoever he or she was they was unidentifiable.

We found nothing from the user, whoever they were was a mystery to us.

"Excuse me, I'll need you to evacuate the area." We turned around in surprise, to find it was JmT and Topgun. They looked like they didn't want to be pissed off, and this was our final verbal warning.

We left the area and went inside another thread, where we sat down at a booth, and looked out the window to see what the Moderators were doing. It was hard to see with all the rain, but I could make out that they were examining the body and looking for clues to find whoever did this. They had now also called in other users to come and try to identify the body.

I turned back to Picka.

"Did you find anything we can use?"

"No," he replied still looking out the window. "You?"

"Nothing."

"Damn," he said lightly slamming his fist on the table.

"So, what now?" I asked.

He paused for a moment. "Hold on, I think I've got a plan."
Last edited by retrolinkx on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2535tmoney
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by 2535tmoney »

*Claps* best topic ever.
inb4 ace attorney/CI crossover
hoo boi im so gay like really gay
Credit to ChaoX-Girl for my avatar.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

More.
MORE.
MAKE MORE.
help me
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

I would, it's Picka's Job to carry it on, I'm waiting on him, it's his call.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

Yeah, that's right, Taxi Driver theme.

"Retro, here me out. The scene of the murder is boxed in, except for where the yellow tape is, by topics." I started, when the waitress, a Ms. Pastaa, came by and asked for our orders. I posted for coffee, with half-and-half and no sugar, and Retro asked for the same brand of coffee, black with two sugars. She walked away, and prepared our coffee.

Retro, before I could speak, however, caught on. "So, you think we should get through one of those surrounding building, and take pictures of the scene from the window? The old 'Balcony Creeper'?" He laughed.

"You know me too well." I smiled.

The waitress came back with our coffee, and he took out a cigar. "Sounds easy enough." He mumbled with his cigar in mouth as his hands tried to light it. We still had alcohol in our systems, and were both tired.

"Well, I think the topics we have to go through are kind of the issue." I said reservedly.

"Whaddya mean?"

"Well, one of them is the locked puberty topic. A lot of bad memories in there, and it's tough to get in a locked topic."

"Right. The others?"

"Well, one of them is a mod only topic. Can't get into those."

"The last one?"

I paused, and took a sip of my coffee, trying to avoid saying it.

Retrolinkx was relentless though. "What topic is it?"

"Elemental Fox Pack."

"Picka, those were dark times for you, I know, but that's the only one we can get in."

He was right. "You're right, man, and we both know I'm the better photographer," He scoffed at that remark, "So I have to go in. But I don't know if I can go in there again."

"Listen, we've all made topics we regret, but we need this."

"...Fine."

"Good, now let's finish our coffee and get back to work." Retro, and to this day I swear it, drank that cup whole, steaming hot, and untouched, in one gulp. He put out his cigar, and left the dinner topic. I did, too, moments later, leaving my unfinished cup and a ten chao point tip. The coffee was a lot cheaper.

We walked around the block until we reached the entrance of the topic, and bashed the nearly demolished door in like a boss. Retrolinkx took out his flashlight and handed it to me. We creeped through the archaic topic slowly, and I hid my eyes from the sights of what my old cohorts and I had done here.

We reached a balcony, finally getting through the massive and unruly mess of a topic, and walked through it back into the world. It was several stories up, but we could still see the corpse well through a camera. The scene was rainy, dark, and gloomy. Perfect camouflage from the mods surrounding the scene.

"Camera ready?" He asked.

"Always."

I snapped a few good shots, and we left for the office.

When we returned to Retro's topic, we found the door already open. I laughed, and figured we had left it open. We sat down in front of his desk, and I handed him the photographs I had took on the scene. I heard rustling from in the office, but I figured it was the wind from the storm outside.

Little did I know...
eboy's seme
BlueYoshi64
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by BlueYoshi64 »

MAKE MOAR.
IT'S EPIC.
MOAR PLEASE.
MOAAR.

Why im alaways left out the fun? I hope nobody reads this...
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

Retro.
Go do stuff.
eboy's seme
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8wWa3O9cUo

I put my head up from looking at the pictures, and saw an assailant behind Picka. "Picka, behind you" I shouted.

"Huh", he turned to around to see the assailant holding a knife, quickly thinking, he dodged out of the way, grabbed his arm and hit the knife out of his hand, it fell to the floor.

"Retro" He shouted, kicking the knife towards me.

"I got it" I said, picking up the knife, little did I know, there were two assailants in the room, he came behind me and kicked me over, picked me up, and threw me across the room, he was strong. My body hit the wall and I fell to the floor, the knife fell out of my hand out of reach.

"RETRO" He shouted, "don't worry I'm coming". Picka, punched the in the assailant in the face, and he fell to the floor, he tried to run and help me, but the assailant was too quick, and grabbed his foot, he dragged Picka towards him, and started to punch him in the face.

I could tell these guys weren't messing around, they weren't your normal assassins, I looked around the floor for anything I could use as a weapon, as he drew closer, I grabbed a bottle of scotch, opened the bottle, and splashed it on his face, temporarily blinding him, I then tried to kick him over, but he was a strong fellow, and wouldn't be knocked down this easily, he grabbed me, and then made a fist, going to punch me, I put the empty bottle of scotch near my face, and put my head down, he smashed to bottle on his hand, the glass wedged into his fist, and letting out a scream of pain, dropped me, while holding the blood redden hand, I soon ran to see if Picka was alright, I picked up the knife in case I'd need it.

The assailant was still punching him, but Picka acted quickly, he grabbed an oncoming hand with his hand, and punched with his other. pushing the assailant, to the side. He was quick, stood up, and ran up the stairs, but Picka acted quickly and followed, him.

"You alright" I shouted as he ran past me.

"Fine, but how's your friend" He said running up the stairs.

"Eh, I don't think he liked me rejecting him" I said

While I was distracted he grabbed me and tried to bear hug me, I then headbutted him until he let go and I dropped to the floor, he then tried to step on me, but I rolled to the left, and got up again, and ran behind me past some desks and chairs, he was still chasing me, he smashed chair and tables to the side, to get them out of his way and wouldn't let me go.

As Picka ran up the stairs, he couldn't see his assailant, it was dark, and he was hiding most likely in the shadows, when suddenly he jumps from above, and rings a noose round Picka's neck, and punched him off the side, he was being hanged.

"Don't worry, I'm coming" I shouted, but before I could "Bane" (The name I gave my assailant) hit me away, and soon Picka's assailant was after me, I had to react quickly, I took out the knife from my pocket, and threw it at the rope Picka's was being hung from, as luck would have it, the knife went clean through the rope and he fell to the floor gasping for air, I went over to him, and helped him up.

We ran up the stairs and grabbed some items to use, Picka grabbed a Fire Extinguisher, and smashed his assailant over the head with it knocking him out, however "Bane" grabbed the extinguisher and pushed Picka to the ground, he then picked him up, and slammed him against the wall, knocking him out.

As "Bane" was about to do the final blow, I grabbed a nearby crowbar, and hit him with it a few times, in this short time he was stunned I acted quickly, and pushed him to the side, on the floor below, he landed with a thud, shaking the floor, he was unconscious as well.

They looked like they were going to be out cold for a while, and went to where Picka was to see if he was alright, I rolled him over and shook him.

"Picka get up"

"Huh..." He said confused "Whao...my head"

"Yeah, this fight was mad, and I wonder who sent these assassins to us?"
Last edited by retrolinkx on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmazingSuperiority
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by AmazingSuperiority »

GUH. Best topic ever.
MOAR PLZ!
I enjoy[ed] reading this.
~Pharaoh of Shadowed Sky~Image
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

TechnoGeisha wrote:Picka.
Go do stuff.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

The lights flicker in Retro's office, almost as if symbolizing my resurrection. I lost consciousness, and during that time, Retro had finished offer the intruders.

My nose was bleeding. No surprise there, I mean they did beat my face in. I looked like a first time coke user, eyes blood shot, nose steadily bleeding a river of red, and somehow both jittery and simultaneously disoriented. "Retro, you don't owe the pony mob money, do you? Those ******' guys don't like being owed money; less money, less pony rule 34."

"No. I never deal with those crowds." He replied, stroking his perma-stubble in contemplation. "4Chan?"

"Well, they were professional, and brutal enough for sure," I nodded, sniffing up some of the escaping blood. "But they never come by this city. I'm thinking not."

"Homestuck mob?"

"Nah, they're too busy reading through those chatlogs to make time for us, even if we did blow up that one topic."

"Haha, yeah, I remember that. Two years ago, some gasoline, a huge flamethrower, and all the bait you could need."

"We did it for good reason." I said, rubbing the back of my in shame.

"Of course." Retro concurred, nodding his head as if he believed doing so would lessen any regrets he had of the event.

Neither of us had a clue as to who was under these masks, and there was only one way we'd find out; interrogation.

"Picka, grab the chairs." He instructed, pointing to his kitchenette. His agency also doubled as his homepage, so there was actually a decent amount of rooms.

"You get the duct tape, though, I don't know where it is."

"Fine."

I had brought back the chairs as he had reached into his desk drawers for the duck tape, and we each sat one up on a chair before heavily binding their legs to the chairs legs, they arms behind their backs to the chair rails. We kept their masks on as we wanted to have the big reveal occur while they were awake. Retro walked into the bathroom to grab something; when he came back, I realized he had brought smelling salts.

He wafted the scent of the aromatic salts towards our detainees, and almost instantly, they snapped out of their pain-inflicted slumber. We each grabbed one of the masks of our assailants, and pulled simultaneously. Who we saw under the masks we could not believe.

"Oh my god. It just had to be you." Retro sighed, taking out his gun and pointing it at the one who's mask he pulled.

"Wow. You hit that hard?" I nervously laughed, embarrassed at my passing out at their hands. I pulled my gun on the one I unmasked, kind of surprised by their punch.

We couldn't believe who our assailants were. Crash and MajorEliteKing. MajorEliteKing was the one Retro referred to as Bane, and he actually seemed imposing for once, considering he knocked me out cold. Crash had hit me pretty hard back there, but he was no real threat for the dynamic duo.

"MEK, man. Why would you do this? I thought we were brosephs!" Retro anguished, betrayed by a friend.

"It's not easier out their, Retro!" MEK shouted back, noticeably angry. "You think I wanted to do this? Once you're in with the family, you can't get out. I need the money some time ago, and they forced me to repay like this. I wanted to just knock you out cleanly and get what I needed."

"And why'd you do it?" I said, pointing my gun at Crash.

"I wanted to be popular."

"Of course." I sighed. I wasn't a fan of his. "Why'd you two come here anyway? What'd you want with these dirt poor detectives, who somehow always miraculously find it in their budget to get the best cigars and coffee one can find on an Island City like this?" I then realized why they were here. "It was for the cigars, wasn't it?"

"What?" MEK looked at me with disbelief.

"It was! I knew my babies weren't safe here!"

"No, it was for the information on your current case." Crash said defensively, MEK kicking him after he said that.

"What case? Never mind that, you mentioned a family. What family?" Retro aimed his gun, eyes and fingers ready to fire.

"I can't tell you. They'd kill me if I did."

Several minutes of silence went by on my account, but to the four of us in the room, it felt an eternity.

"Picka, report this to the moderators. We need these punks outta here." Retro instructed, visibly angry and ready to pop a cap up someone's ass.

"Yeah. Alright." I did so, and soon enough the mods scrambled across the offices, escorting the two away, and setting up a crime scene. We gave our testimonies, and waited for their investigation to end. By next morning, the building was finally emptied of everyone but Retro and I.

"Fun night. We should do it again sometime in Batman and Robin costumes." I smiled, trying to make light of the assault.
eboy's seme
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

I liked it better when we got comments.
eboy's seme
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I love you for reviving this.
Starmy
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by Starmy »

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
hey
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Now, I have to decide what the do next.

And find music for it.
Blur
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Up My Sleeve

Post by Blur »

L.A. Noire soundtrack.
GOLF WANG.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Been there, done that.

Something new and different, also it has to go with the story at hand.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

inb4fox
Nano
Legendary Chaos Chao
Legendary Chaos Chao
Motto: My kickstarter failed, but that's okay!

Post by Nano »

Knock knock

Faint knocks rang from the door to the topic as it slowly cracked open. Retro and Picka stood abruptly, thinking perhaps another man was about to get at them. However their expressions of anger gave way to calm. Fox Boy, the young detective walked into their topic and softly shut the door behind him, placing his gray trench coat and hat on the nearby coat rack.

My striped suit of black and white gave me a very old look and I guess my ruffled brown hair helped my case of being young a little. I shook my umbrella clean of the city's filthy rain and put it down, helping myself to a small flask in my inside pocket. "So boys, you doin alright? Heard about the fight and came over to investigate, see if I could make sense of it all." I took my seat next to the two and looked them both in the eye.

My god were they messed up, Picka had a bloody nose and Retro had a few bruises here and there. Not to mention the topic was trashed, paper and objects strewn about the cabin as if there was an earthquake. I cringed, remembering some of the other crime scenes I've seen. This was like frosting, there's been so much worse.

Picka scratched the back of his neck and gave a weak grin. "Good to see you too, Fox. Guess news spreads around fast," he replied, tilting his head to Retro, "Suppose you know all about what happened? Or at least the jist?"

"Sorta, the mods were pretty quiet about it. All I know is that MEK and Crash beat the crap out of you two. No motive, a weapon, and two chumps. If it wasn't for the fact you two were my friends I would've come over just based on that. So tell me, what in the world happened?" I motioned for a bottle of scotch and Picka gave me the OK. I drank the amber fluid and sighed, trying not to get too drunk right off the bat. Needed to have a clear mind for this case.

So Retro and Picka took turns filling me in on what happened, leaving no detail unsaid. From the first signs to the ending blows, I was now fully filled in. However, now I had more questions than I did before. "So they belong to a family? A family... of what?"

"That's what we'd like to know, we've thought it all over, but there's way too many possibilities to narrow it to a sure idea. They also wanted what we knew about the murder that happened a while ago by the dinner topic. It makes so little sense though." Retro inhaled on a cigar and sighed, releasing the smoke in a long bitter stream.

I thought for a moment as to why it made little sense when it hit me. "How in the world could they discover what you knew about the murder so fast and beat you to your place? Unless... What if they aren't talking about that case? Did you two have a previous case perhaps? Something... unsolved? Maybe one that relates to this case? Rats, we'd need more info on that new murder! I could call in a few favors and..." I stopped myself and realized I had gone off on a tangent. Does this sound realistic? Hm, perhaps I was looking too deep into this?

Picka nodded and digested the idea. What I was saying has a plausible connection but...

"Even if it wasn't the current murder, we have no open cases. We haven't actually had a case since that nomination topic. Business is slow, first action we've seen in months." Retro slowly drank his scotch and leaned back in his chair. "So how could they relay info that fast? Interesting to say the least."

"What was it they were after anyhow? Evidence?" I questioned, realize it wasn't until now that I had no idea what they knew about this murder. Picka slid a photo over to me and I took in the scene. Then, I gasped in shock. Their face was unidentifiable but... that outfit! "Do you two realize who this is?..."

Retro and Picka exchanged puzzled looks, giving their young friend the go ahead. What I was about to tell them could very well knock their socks off.

"This person, their outfit. They... This is RS Chao!" I, was in fact, stunned by what I was seeing. RS was a very respected, if not 'dead', user! What in the world would be the motive for killing her?

Retro and Picka seemed to be in shock too, what in the world could be going on behind the scenes of this dark, dark city.
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

who goes next then?
i'm assuming retro.
eboy's seme