Black Market Guide

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Black Market Guide

Post by CrimsonClaws »

Citrus_Chao, you mentioned that you had over 70 emblems in your post. Exactly how many do you have? Because, when I was going through my second file I noticed that I only had one of the sets at the beginning, and I did not get the second one until much later. Unfortunately, I did not write down when I first started seeing eggs from the second set, so I don’t have an exact number of emblems to tell you to look for. So, for right now just try to get 100 emblems, and see if that’s enough. Hopefully, they’ll start appearing then, because you shouldn’t be missing two sets.

Also, to Mel Mel: Are you talking about copying a file to another memory card or to another file slot on the same memory card? Because, you can copy a file to another memory card as long as there isn’t another file with the same number on it. For instance, if the file I’m copying says it’s file one and the other memory card already has a file one then it won’t work. But, if the other memory card doesn’t have a file or the file is any number but one then it’ll work just fine. Unfortunately, you can’t copy files to the same memory card in different file slots, or I wouldn’t have had to get all 180 emblems all over again.
Image Zacorra, Image Reneara, and Image Laranja. My trio of awesome orange two-tones.
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: PK THREE STOCK!!

Post by Link The Hedgehog »

^I have a "corrupted" memory card, so I formatted it, got one emblem, saved it, and copied my 175 emblem file from a newer memory card to the "corrupted but formatted" one. The catch is, it showed a creepy half-scratched out picture for the save file, so when I went back to the Wii menu, went back to Gamecube memory, I had to format it again. >:/

BTW, I love your siggy! I'm trying to get a two-tone chaos chao of every color. Then two-tone regular (Not shiny) chaos chao. But looking at your siggy, I have a really great idea… Thanks!
Last edited by Link The Hedgehog on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did I miss anything guys? Besides CI revival posts I mean.
Nintendo Network ID: FreezeNinja | 3DS FC: 2449-4908-9808 | Xbox LIVE: CarlosLOVESLegs
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

CrimsonClaws wrote:Citrus_Chao, you mentioned that you had over 70 emblems in your post. Exactly how many do you have? Because, when I was going through my second file I noticed that I only had one of the sets at the beginning, and I did not get the second one until much later. Unfortunately, I did not write down when I first started seeing eggs from the second set, so I don’t have an exact number of emblems to tell you to look for. So, for right now just try to get 100 emblems, and see if that’s enough. Hopefully, they’ll start appearing then, because you shouldn’t be missing two sets.
I have 75 Emblems on my second Memory Card, and 73 on my third Memory Card. So they won't appear until I get more Emblems? Huh, weird.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

To Link The Hedgehog: I have an orange MadCatz 1,019 block memory card, and a few months ago it corrupted. It was having similar problems, and I couldn’t get it to work at all, so I had to go buy a new one. So, I highly doubt you’re going to get it to work no matter how many times you format it.

Thank you for the compliment on my signature ( The sprites took a little while to make, but I’m quite happy with how they came out. ), and you’re welcome for whatever kind of idea I may have given you. ( I’m slightly curious as to what it is though. )

And, to Citrus_Chao: I think it’s a problem with the emblems, but if you manage to get all 180 and still can’t find another set then definitely let me know. And, even if you do find them before then, I would love to know how many it took to find them exactly, since that would be helpful information to know.
Image Zacorra, Image Reneara, and Image Laranja. My trio of awesome orange two-tones.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

^
I sure hope it doesn't take me all 180 Emblems, but I guess that would be a little odd if it did. My first Card has about 100 Emblems, but I think I can get the second set before that. I'll work on it. :wink:
What is my life anymore?
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

That sounds good. I'll be happily awaiting your results.
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

^I had 2 memory cards to begin with, an orange madcatz 16x and a black madcatz 16x, but when the black one corrupted, I bought a NEW black madcatz memory card. Then as soon as I was done copying my memory from the orange one, the orange one corrupted. I still have the old black card, and the new black card, but I'm careful with what I do so it doesn't need formatting. ».»
Nintendo Network ID: FreezeNinja | 3DS FC: 2449-4908-9808 | Xbox LIVE: CarlosLOVESLegs
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

I've heard from a few different sources that the 1,019 block ( or 16x ) MadCatz memory cards are more susceptible to corrupting than most other memory cards. Which is why I bought a Nintendo one when I went to go buy a new memory card. I still have a blue 1,019 block MadCatz memory card that has been working for awhile, but the orange one I had for almost as long as I've had my Gamecube. I honestly think that the reason it may have corrupted was from me erasing a large file ( 45 blocks ) on the Wii and not the Gamecube.
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

^I can never seem to find a Nintendo memory card, just madcatz. :chaocry:
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

I bought mine at GameStop, so you could look there.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Grr.... I got 90 Emblems on one of my Memory Cards today and still can't find any more sets!
What is my life anymore?
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

CrimsonClaws wrote:I bought mine at GameStop, so you could look there.
That's where I got my madcatz. :chaocry:
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Does anyone happen to know how many Emblems you need to have both Egg sets?

EDIT: Or is a different amount needed for each file?
What is my life anymore?
CrimsonClaws
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by CrimsonClaws »

To Link The Hedgehog: You could also try looking into other game stores such as GameCrazy or GameCity, since I’m sure that you won’t be able to find anything GameCube related at a normal retail store.

To Citrus_Chao: I really wish I could remember. I do think it took more than 100 to find the second set, but I’m not sure as to how much exactly was needed. And, there very well may be different percentages on different files as to how likely it is to find a certain color with enough emblems.
Link The Hedgehog
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

I have never heard of those stores. :heroblink:
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

Well, I guess I'll just keep working on it. I'll tell you when I get the set.
What is my life anymore?
carmel_whitworth
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by carmel_whitworth »

So let me make sure I'm understanding.
On my file, I've got 110 emblems, about. I can't seem to find a Sky Blue egg. I would need to start another file on a different memory card, correct?
Image ImageImage
Omelet
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Omelet »

^ Yeah, that's what you'll have to do.
Mhhhmmm... I am tasty enough for you, anon-kun? *sizzle*
carmel_whitworth
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

^ Okay, thanks. :)
Image ImageImage
carmel_whitworth
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Oh, I've got another question.
Does the items cost the same/ have the same emblem requirements in SADX?
Image ImageImage
Omelet
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Omelet »

^ I believe they cost the same, but I think the emblems needed is different since SADX has less emblems.
Mhhhmmm... I am tasty enough for you, anon-kun? *sizzle*
hotdogturtle
Egg
Egg

Post by hotdogturtle »

For what reason would I not be able to find a shiny purple egg in my file? I have regular purple as well as both versions of yellow and pink. I have 168 emblems which I thought was enough to unlock every egg color.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Should definitely be able to get it. I have no idea why you would not.

Worst case scenario, breed a non-shiny purple with a shiny monotone.
hotdogturtle
Egg
Egg

Post by hotdogturtle »

I finally found one after what must have been close to 10 in-game hours of leaving my game on and checking the market every 15 minutes. I've been doing it in my spare time for the past 3 days. Did this just turn out to be the worst luck ever?

I was hoping to use purebred shinies for a later breeding project. Bred shinies were just gonna be my last resort if these eggs didn't show up.
jaelex88
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: Black Market Guide ~Complete!~ Thank you Crazo!

Post by jaelex88 »

iluvmychaosomuch! wrote:THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO SEE HOW MUCH THE SHINEY YELLOW EGG! :chaohappy:
YEAH MANIC BOO U SCROUGE U KILLED MANIC :chaoangry: :chaocry: