CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend (Chapter 6)

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Who do you like so far?

Retro
29%
Aidan (Fox)
29%
Nick (Corvo)
29%
Kausa
14%

Total votes: 7

retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend (Chapter 6)

Post by retrolinkx »

Chapter 1: Handcuffed Heroes.
Spoiler:
Chapter 1: Handcuffed Heroes.

As I left my rag tag group of so called heroes, I stumbled upon some enemies. They were easy to defeat, if not a bore, with the ol’ moving around turn by turn, and farming “XP” to “Level up” and I guess, hone my skills. I stumbled upon two people, handcuffed together, both wearing rags, and bickering with one another, which ended up with shouting, and then a fight ensues.

I rush over to see what the hell is going on.

The fighting stops and one of the figures holds the neck of the other.

“I’M TELLING YOU WE’RE GOING THIS WAY!” the black haired person shouts pointing to the east.

The brown haired person then shouts louder, whilst pulling the black haired person over, while pointing to the west.

“NO WE’RE NOT GOING YOUR STUPID WAY, WE’RE GOING THIS WAY!”

I sigh, and clear my throat.

“WHAT!” they both shout looking at me.

I chuckle “Um…What’s, going on…?” I asked, hoping they would stop fighting.

“Well…” they both say at the same time.

“HE WAS TALKING TO ME!” shouts the black haired one.

“NO, HE WAS TALKING TO ME!” replies the brown haired one.

“WHY YOU” shouts the black haired one as he starts to strangle the brown haired one.

I pry them apart from each other, only to remember the handcuffs, and they both topple onto each other, and start fighting again.

“Oh for God sake” I pry them apart once more, and hold them. “Look, if I let you go, will you stop fighting?” I ask.

“Yes” both of them replied.

I directed them to a tree, I told them to stand as far as they can away from each other, with the handcuff chain on the tree.

“Okay” I said, reaching for my bow, and a single arrow “Here’s hoping this works.”

Suddenly, a force out of nowhere came over me. I twirled the arrow around my finger, and stretched the string of the bow past my head, and let out a massive blurred projectile that broke the chain, and went straight through the tree itself.

“Finally” The brown haired one said, as the tree dropped behind him.

“Okay, you owe me, what are your names, and what’s going on?” I asked.

“Well, I’m Nicholas Attano, but you can call me Nick” The black haired one said “and the retard over there is Aidan” pointing to the brown haired one.

“Hey” Aidan said “I heard that.”

"Oh, I'm Retro" I reply "Why the hell were you two handcuffed together?” I asked, hoping to find out what the hell this mess was about.

Suddenly, I heard some people on horseback riding through the plains, four strong looking knights in chain mail, equipped with long swords, lances, and javelins, approached me.

“You” one of them said “Move aside”

“No” said Nick cowering behind me,

“Please don’t let us go with them” Aidan said cowering behind Nick.

"Why?" I ask

"We have no quarrel with you, now step aside or face us in a battle" He said

I slowly reach for my bow, hoping for a clean kill, but the knight in front attacks me, getting a clean hit on me, the other three surround me, and try to hit, but I luckily dodge each one.

"Dammit" shouts Aidan "Hey Retro, I'm a tactician. This fight is easy, but you gotta listen to me"

I look back, and ask for some help.

"Alright man" he shouts, "Move back, and snipe the enemy from afar, you're good with a bow and arrow."

I follow his advice, and move a few steps away from the enemy, and take a shot. It goes clean through one of the knights, and he falls to the ground.

"NO" shouts one of the knights "You'll pay for that!"

As my turn ends, I can only hope I can dodge three attacks again, but I was hurt pretty bad from the first hit, and I think another might down me. One of the knights rushes me, and with no way of counter attacking, I brace myself, and hope for the best.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a sword blocks the attack.

"What?" the knight said confused. It was Nick; he was blocking the attack with a sword. He then jumped up, and stabbed the knight; he fell to the ground and didn't move.

"Nick..." I said

"Ha" Nick said giving me a thumbs up, "Don't worry man, I got your back."

"How dare you" shouts one of the knights "Stealing a weapon in battle is one of the most shameful things you can do. especially from the dead."

"Ah, shut it" shouts Nick "Come on man, we got this."

"Hey!" shouts Aidan "Watch out for the next attack, they look mad"

One of knights then rushes me again, but this time with a Javelin. He pathetically throws it at me, missing. I counter attack, and take him down. The other knight rushes at Nick.

"I'LL MAKE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID" shouts the Knight. Nick gets hit but still stands, suddenly his sword lights up, he roars and stabs his sword straight through the knight's chest. For a moment, no one moved, until the Knight fell off his horse, and lay on the ground.

"We did it." shouts Aidan

"Heh" I said "That was pretty easy, you guys were good."

"Thanks, Retro." Nick said "Oh, and Thank you for helping us, and, well I know this may seem stupid to ask, but you think you could help us get back to town?"

"Yeah" Aidan continued "We were trying to get back to our town, but we got captured, and lost on the way."

"Sure" I reply "We'll take their equipment, and we'll go by horse, you guys know the way...right?"

"...RIGHT?"

They soon rush off to scavenge their equipment, ignoring my question.

"Hey, I found a map" shouts Nick "Um..." He turns and twists the map looking for this location we have to head off too. "...We've got to head north."

"Okay guys" getting up upon a horse "We better go."

We rode off into the north. I couldn't help but feel like I was becoming more and more like a hero, I don't know if it was the fact I was being my egotistical self, and getting way to into it, or if this was some sort of hidden character inside me, maybe it was some sort of magic that Wizard gave me. I didn't think about it for long, as before I knew it, Aidan and Nick were fighting again, and we were getting close to a town..."
Current Party
Retro
Aidan (Fox)
Nick (Corvo)
Kausa
Upcoming Members (Hopefully)
Spoiler:
Flame
Marnex
Ka Night
Maximilian Rovias.
Pastaa
Last edited by retrolinkx on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Re: CI RPG!!! - Retro's Legend

Post by Jack Augustine »

What is this, some kinda Fire Emblem RP story?

Niiiiiice! Keep goin'.
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Post by Mana »

I liked the bickering between Fox and Koro a lot.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

We're off to an awfully good start.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I love Fire Emblem. And now I love you. But...since you all just got horses, did you all just become Paladins?
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Okay this was an awesome start and introduction to the new characters. The bickering was funny, and I loved the bit of action that was incorporated into this chapter. Great start, looking forward to the other chapters!
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Loudclaw wrote:What is this, some kinda Fire Emblem RP story?

Niiiiiice! Keep goin'.
No, it's Picka's idea, I just added the Fire Emblem music.
Mana wrote:I liked the bickering between Fox and Koro a lot.
I needed someway of introducing them, and this was a pretty funny way of doing it, so I tried and it came out well.
Corvo wrote:We're off to an awfully good start.
I try.
ThisIsTheUltimate wrote:I love Fire Emblem. And now I love you. But...since you all just got horses, did you all just become Paladins?
No, the next part of the story turns Corvo and Fox into their assigned classes, for continuity sake, I didn't want them to walk to a town when they had horses they could use.
Linds 269 wrote:Okay this was an awesome start and introduction to the new characters. The bickering was funny, and I loved the bit of action that was incorporated into this chapter. Great start, looking forward to the other chapters!
Thanks, hoping I can get at least one a weeks and about 5 posts per chapter.

Anyhow, I don't know when I'll introduce the next character, but it'll be soon I hope, since 2 is enough for now.
Last edited by retrolinkx on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

>Check Poll Results.
>Only 1 person has voted and it's for me.

Feels good man.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

No, I figured it was Fire Emblem. Didn't click the links, was on my 3DS.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

retrolinkx wrote:>Check Poll Results.
>Only 1 person has voted and it's for me.

Feels good man.
Yeah, that was me.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Not sure if I'll be able to update this Saturday, but I'll try.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

I'm liking the direction this is taking.
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

*sits on the story rug and sips a juice box*
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

IS IT A BIRD, IS IT A PLANE. NO, it's an actual update.

Chapter Two: The Healer, The Hero, and the Hundred or so Raiders.
Spoiler:
Chapter Two: The Healer, The Hero, and the Hundred or so Raiders.

“Gendis” I said, reading off a nearby sign. “You guys come from Gendis? I had no idea.”

“NO” Nick said ignoring my question “An Assassin does require more intelligence than a Tactician.” He said to Aidan.

“HOW” Aidan shouted back “A TACTICIAN USES HIS BRAIN TO FIGHT, NOT BRAWN.”

“Guys stop fighting or I swear to Mooncow I will end you both.” I commanded.

“Alright, but I’m only agreeing because it’s the smart thing to do” Nick smugly replied while smirking at Aidan.

The town of Gendis was a bustling place. It was full of townsfolk from all around; it was sort of a mini capital to many people, it was as large as a city, but everyone preferred it as a town. The people here were very friendly, and it was a one of those places you felt safe in. If there was something you needed Gendis was the town, it had a dock, hundreds of different business and work places, it would’ve been a very nice place to live, I’ve only stopped here once in my life, and that was when I needed to get some things from “Chao’s Shop” I haven’t been here in years.

“Hey Retro, do ya think me and Aidan could go back home for a bit? We need to get some things…” Nick asked.

“Yeah, sure I’ll be at the tavern” I reply

We went our separate ways, Aidan and Nick went to their homes, and I went to the Tavern. I dismounted my horse and walked in.

As I walked through the wooden doors of the Tavern, I head a commission from inside.

“Hey pretty girl” said a gruff voice. “Don’t you want to see my Long sword? It won’t hurt you, though it has a tendency to maim the women that use it, haha.”

I looked over, and saw a group of tough men holding pint glasses, smashing them together and laughing. They all wore similar attire, of some sort of animal fur covering their body, with their muscles being shown from the outside of the so called clothes. The one with the gruff voice seemed to be their leader as he was wearing a golden rings, and chains, as well as wielding, what looked like a solid gold axe. He was grabbing a young girl, and looked like he was trying to get some action; the girl was trying to fight back, but was being overpowered by the group.

I didn’t care much, it wasn’t my business, so I started to walk ahead, to order a pint, the Irish in me wanted it and I had to abide. I sat down, ordered, and it eventually came. I was just about the sip the froth off the top, until I heard someone shout “HEY”.

I looked up and saw the girl in white running; she trips and falls on the table, causing the pint to hit the floor.

“P-Please help me…” she said.

The group got up, and walked towards me. “You, let her go.” I stared at the group, and then the girl, she was shaking her head left and right.

“How about no” I replied. I didn’t know what I was doing, I didn’t even know the girl, but something was telling me to protect her.

“What, you let her go, and give her to me right now” he demanded.

“You heard me, now go back to you table, and be a good boy.” I smugly replied.

“ARGHH” he shouted “Smashing his Golden Axe through the table. He swung at me twice, but missed both times. I pushed him back, and he toppled into his group. I ran out of the tavern, and the girl was following me.

We ran behind a nearby house, they eventually came out of the tavern, with a much bigger group than before. The leader let out a loud roar, and before I knew it, more and more were coming towards him, before I knew it, he had a small army to command.

“ALRIGHT LADS” he shouts “WE’RE GONNA TEAR THIS TOWN APART TO FIND THE RAT DASTARD, I DON’T CARE HOW, KILL EVERYONE, PLUNDER ANYTHING, DESTROY EVERYTHING”

“YEAH” they all cheer raising their fists and weapons into the air. They rushed off into the village to start their mayhem. These weren’t a group of townsfolk, they were raiders.

“Dammit” I exclaimed “I’ve got to find Nick, and Aidan” I rushed off, forgetting about the girl, but she followed me again.

“What do you want?” I questioned “I saved you, now run away, this town is done for”

“I-I want to help” she responded

“Oh, please. You couldn’t even take care of yourself in that tavern. How the hell would I let you fight in this battle” I asked

“I’m not a fighter” she said getting a short staff from her back “I’m a healer” she was holding a short staff in her hand, it was made from wood, and the top has some sort of crystal.

“Hmm” I thought about it, and wondered if I should let her join, but before I knew it.

“I FOUND EM’” said one of the raiders. He swung his axe at me, hitting me in my side. I fell to the ground in pain, and could barely get back up again.

The girl dragged me away, and got me out of the enemy’s sight, and healed me with her staff. A huge surge of energy came over me, my wound was healed, and I felt good as new.

“Fine, you can help” I approved. “Come on, we gotta get Aidan and Nick”

“Hey…” she said “W-what’s your name…?”

“Heh” I smiled, pointing to myself “I’m Retro, you?”

“I’m Kausa” she said “I-I’m glad I can be helpful”

We rushed off into the town that was being destroyed by an action we committed, the screams, laughs and blood we saw was horrifying, I knew that we had to stop this as soon as possible, but I couldn’t do anything without Aidan and Nick. I just hope that it wasn’t too late….
Linds 269
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao

Post by Linds 269 »

Wow. Those guys are jerks. Pretty interesting chapter though! Kausa seems so sweet haha. Great chapter!
(19:42:34) chaosulitmaster: I find it so creppy that with a IP adress, you can find yuor hoes within a 15-20 mile radius. >.>
(18:57:45) Omelet: I AM INSERTING IT (13:17:50) Omelet: I DID INSERT IT
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

I guess no one cares apart from Linds ;_;

srsly cryin
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

hello i am reading it *rests chin on hands, flutters eyelashes* go on
tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

retro shush ur storys awesome so far
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

I like the direction you're taking man. Worth the wait.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Corvo
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Corvo »

I hope we get to keep that pimp axe.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

Linds 269 wrote:Wow. Those guys are jerks. Pretty interesting chapter though! Kausa seems so sweet haha. Great chapter!
I try, I sort of needed a way of introducing her, and we were in a town, so the only way I could think of was that.
Chocolate_Chao wrote:hello i am reading it *rests chin on hands, flutters eyelashes* go on
thx bby
Maximilian Roivas wrote:retro shush ur storys awesome so far
I'm just happy people are reading it. I like replies.
AtomicBat wrote:I like the direction you're taking man. Worth the wait.
Thanks man, I will try to update more if I can.
Corvo wrote:I hope we get to keep that pimp axe.
Me too man, me too.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

BUT RETRO
ISN'T IT A BIT EARLY TO BE GETTING A HEALER?
/suspicious stare
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by retrolinkx »

^

No, you pretty much start with on in Awakening.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Prince Ricard »

oh
Huh
Haven't played that yet, pretty much the main reason I want a 3DS.
Kausa
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Kausa »

Psh, its never to early to get a healer!
:3 Great chapter Retro! I like the way you wrote me!
If you ever need to talk, vent, or just want advice, you can always message me!