Found a typo on the site? Post it here.

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Found a typo on the site? Post it here.

Post by Fusion »

Greetings.

Since typographical errors are minor, it doesn't seem very nice to post a thread for each and every one. But at the same time, it's good to point them out and get them fixed. So, let's keep them all contained here for Mooncow and myself to go through and correct.

I'll start.

On this page (http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/stats.php) there is the following typo in the 'flying' section:
Flying can be very useful when you have to jump into a pool of fly over a ledge, because you can get ahead easily if your flying stat is high.
Mephiles
Accomplished Chao
Accomplished Chao

Post by Mephiles »

in sonic adventure 2 chao kindergarden
The Class room part of it sez

and it will sometimes perform what it has learnt!

and it should be learned.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Fusion
VIP
VIP

Post by Fusion »

Actually, 'learnt' is fine. But thanks anyway.
Chaos Chao 101
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

blue chaos drive

Post by Chaos Chao 101 »

I read that there is no blue chaos drive. :herosuprise: this is incorect. :no: The blue chaos drive increases the run stat. :herocool:
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao
Motto: Resident forum dinosaur.

Re: blue chaos drive

Post by Enzo03 »

Chaos Chao 101 wrote:I read that there is no blue chaos drive. :herosuprise: this is incorect. :no: The blue chaos drive increases the run stat. :herocool:
No, that is green. Green increases run.
Steam: crazyenzo03 - Discord: Enzo03 #2547
Light Chaos Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Light Chaos Chao »

I found a typo
Note: When making an Angel Chao, make sure it is on the Hero side for evolution by using Hero character to look after it.

Note: When making an Dark Chao, make sure it is on the Dark side for evolution by using Dark character to look after it.
The typos were on this page: http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/chaos.php
My Chaos Chao
Neutral:Light
Angel:Crystal
Devil:None
Tigger826
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Tigger826 »

Light Chaos Chao wrote:I found a typo
Note: When making an Angel Chao, make sure it is on the Hero side for evolution by using Hero character to look after it.

Note: When making an Dark Chao, make sure it is on the Dark side for evolution by using Dark character to look after it.
I don't see any typos. :thinking:
Light Chaos Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Light Chaos Chao »

It says hero character and dark character instead of hero characters and dark characters
My Chaos Chao
Neutral:Light
Angel:Crystal
Devil:None
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Enzo03 »

Light Chaos Chao wrote:I found a typo

Ah yes I see another (I italicized it. :P)

---
Chao do a lot of things which I havn't actually covered before, so i thought i might as well record the ones i know of. If there is an action you do not see here it may be an animal trait.
Capitalize your I's and "havn't" should be "haven't".
Other Actions
Sometimes the Chao will hug a tree that has been planted and make a sound, sounding something like "ah!". I think the Chao is just showing the tree love so it stays alive for a little longer =)

Chao will also water the trees randomly also extending the tree's life.

If a Chao owns crayons won from the Onyx race they will (usually) draw a picture of their favourite character. However they may also randomly draw some other pictures. (more on this in the race toys section)
Not a typo, but incorrect information.
The "tree hugging" is only for when the chao knows the tree needs to be watered. If it has a watering can, it will water the tree instead.

Watering trees only provide more fruit. This should be noted if it DOES INDEED extend life, though.

And Chao do not need crayons to draw, they just need the drawing skill from kindergarten. BUT THEY NEED to take the class 2 or all 3 times. I tested.
Also, if their favorite characters are 2P only characters that you get into the garden via hacking, they will draw those characters more often, just like 1P characters. Tis a shame you can't use those 2P only characters in the Chao Garden normally.

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/actions.php
You can give your Chao a hat to make it look more individual and unique
Individual and unique are synonyms in this case... that's a no-no in nonfiction. I suggest it be changed to only one :P.

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/hats.php
A long running race against seven Omochao's.
I would think the plural for "Omochao" would be "Omochao", or if it has the "s" in it, take away the apostrophe, because it is not used for plurals.

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/races1.php
The Watering Can and Shover are used for planting seeds (see seeds and fruit section)
Shovel, not shover.

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/races2.php
the cocoon will be pink coloured if it is going to reincarnate, and grey coloured if it is about to dissapear forever.
Should be Disappear, not dissapear (diss a pear... lol what do you have against pears?)

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/death.php
Speaking of this page, I think I found out what to look for and I have a few theories on workarounds for this bug:
NOTE: (Dreamcast Version) If your Chao reincarnates, Do not take it to the Chao Doctor in the Kindergarten! Doing so could result in the game glitching and it will freeze, and that Chao has the possibility of being deleted!
I will be PMing Mooncow about it.

Anyway, those were all the general information pages. At least, all the ones with typos that I could find. I had something against words such as "learnt", and think they should be like "learned", but I guess that must be diction or something. Same as color and coloured, gray and grey, etc.
So now, just so you understand, (i've still been getting emails about this) the FIRST colour/type is the FIRST evolution. The Second colour/type is the SECOND evolution.
Are you one of those people who do not capitalize their I's on purpose? If so, I apologize for such scolding :P

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/evolution2.php
---
Either it needs an s after character or the word, a, before hero/dark.
I suggest making an animal checklist when creating a Chaos Chao so you don't get mixed up accidently.
Accidentally.
What is reincarnation?
When your Chao dies and comes back to life. This is known as "Transformations" by the Chao Doctor on the Gamecube.
Not just on the Gamecube. I have taken it to the Doctor using the Dreamcast version, had the bug happen, but luckily the game simply restarted and I kept my chao. It said "This chaotransformedaghaurhgaurghlsjdfkhalfhakdh ... not really, but it had chaotransformed, then a bunch of garbage, then it said "keep raising the chao the way you are now..." or something like that, then the game restarted.
Alignment fruit are not necesarry
Necessary.
Its rumoured that Chaos Chao die if abused a lot (and I mean a LOT- but this has not been proven 'officially'), but it will definately not die through normal raising. You will have an immortal Chao!
Its should be It's as in "It is". "Its" is a possessive word as in "That's its item"
You should definitely spell definitely "definitely", not "definately".

http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/chaos.php

That's all I will bother with tonight. Now I want to go and pop some heads in Halo =D.
CHAOlover5867
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by CHAOlover5867 »

sometimes when i edit my post it says
"You earned for that post."
Image Image Image
Sonic Chao: Spiky
Enzo03
Skilled Chaos Chao
Skilled Chaos Chao

Post by Enzo03 »

Already mentioned bug.
Furyal
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Furyal »

When your Chao evolves into one of the 3 types, it changes according to what colour animals/drives you have given it the most. This was its FIRST evolution.
Aren't there five types?
Or does it mean Neutral, Hero, and Dark? Oops. I may have messed up. XP
Apparently, I was the 50th member to join. Don't expect me to be on much, though. Avatar made by RS Chao.
Kyouka Sama
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Kyouka Sama »

On the forums, the code for some of the chao emotes reads :suprise: :herosuprise: :darksuprise: shouldn't it be surprise(with an R)?
Light Chao
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Light Chao »

I found a bug. Earlier I previewed one of my posts and after I posted it, there were two of the same posts for some reason. :chaoangry:
Devil Fear
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Devil Fear »

can someone ask Mooncow to fix these problems? :darkangry:
chaogaurdian2
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

separately

Post by chaogaurdian2 »

Console specific information will be covered either spereately, or in their own section seen at the bottom of the menu on the left.

Separately

The second appearance of Chao. Chao can evolve into Hero or Dark Chao, wheras in the previous game only Neutral Chao were able to be created.

Whereas
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

hehe good stuff guys.

All these errors are making me look bad XD

in my defence.. Torro was meant to spellcheck.

And Enzo, i'll work on the stuff you mentioned soon. Good note about the trees though, i'll look out for that.
Enzo03 wrote:Should be Disappear, not dissapear (diss a pear... lol what do you have against pears?)
yeah.. thats quite a punishment having to diss a pear forever >_>
Last edited by Mooncow on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Sketcher
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Sketcher »

Light Chao wrote:I found a bug. Earlier I previewed one of my posts and after I posted it, there were two of the same posts for some reason. :chaoangry:
Maybe you clicked the post button twice?

Used to happen a lot on my old (slow) connection. = \
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: separately

Post by Drouge »

he second appearance of Chao. Chao can evolve into Hero or Dark Chao, wheras in the previous game only Neutral Chao were able to be created.
Actually my friend made hero chao with the hero fruit in DX
mechasonic777
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by mechasonic777 »

On chao karate it just talks about the races not the chao fights. :omochao:
Light Chao
Brave Chao
Brave Chao

Post by Light Chao »

Drouge87 wrote:
he second appearance of Chao. Chao can evolve into Hero or Dark Chao, wheras in the previous game only Neutral Chao were able to be created.
Actually my friend made hero chao with the hero fruit in DX
In sonic dx, the chao system is different than it was in the original Sonic Adventure. In the original you can't make hero or dark chao
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

Light Chao wrote:In sonic dx, the chao system is different than it was in the original Sonic Adventure. In the original you can't make hero or dark chao
Maybe Mooncow should add the thing about the fruit in DX, making sure to note that that is DX only.
Sketcher
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Sketcher »

mechasonic777 wrote:On chao karate it just talks about the races not the chao fights. :omochao:
You are talking about SA2:B?
If so then here: http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2/gckarate.php
Just a little way down the menu. :blah:
Matusrules
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by Matusrules »

" Chao do a lot of things which I havn't actually covered before, so i thought i might as well record the ones i know of. If there is an action you do not see here it may be an animal trait. "

Havn't and the i's.
I love MSC. I has 3 jewel chao :D
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

On the Karate page it says "Defence"
It should be Defense

Oh, and in the box at the bottom of the Karate page it says

Opponent name---------------------Description of the RACE in beginner that accompanies the key to winning
Key to winning is __________