Black Market Guide

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 3 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Bobb11881
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Black Market Guide

Post by Bobb11881 »

That's what I was trying to say.
:herocool: :cool: :darkcool:
darkmario777
Egg
Egg
Location: Egg Carrier, asleep while a Hero Chao pushes me under the missle.

Post by darkmario777 »

:darksurprise:

"I didn't know I could buy themes. Cool!"
MelissaChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MelissaChao »

I see that a lot of you have gotten the Omochao Theme before 110 but after 100 or 105. I'm sad to say that if I want to research this it would take a while to do. I have over 110 emblems on my regular file and my second most has around 20 or 30. Plus, the Omochao Theme is pretty rare.

I'll change it on my normal account to 100 or 105 for the time being. Thank you for pointing out that small mistake!
(18:37:50) JmTsHaW: they're here for chaos's sweet buns
(18:45:41) Chaos_the_Light_Chao: My freshly-cooked buns bring all the girls to the yard
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

:wink: I just thought I would say that the Black Market gets new items in stock every 5 minutes. ;)
I think this works for both Sonic Adventure DX & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
Image I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a Freak. So I've been a Freak all my Life and I have to live with that,you know. I'm one of those people.
MelissaChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MelissaChao »

It's actually about 15 minutes, not 5.
(18:45:41) Chaos_the_Light_Chao: My freshly-cooked buns bring all the girls to the yard
Fadel
Egg
Egg

Post by Fadel »

Thanks so much! :)
:herosurprise:
MelissaChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MelissaChao »

No problem! :3
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

MelissaChao wrote:It's actually about 15 minutes, not 5.
:thinking: I had a Timer set for 5 Minutes exactly,and I used to go back every 5 minutes and there would be New Items in stock.
I don't think I am wrong,but If I am,sorry my mistake.
Image I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a Freak. So I've been a Freak all my Life and I have to live with that,you know. I'm one of those people.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

Actually, there was a topic about the average time the Black market changed.

Yes, it was Five minutes.
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
MoonDancer
Seeker Chao
Seeker Chao

Post by MoonDancer »

^ Thank you Naho,now I KNOW I am right. :cool:
MelissaChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MelissaChao »

I hope you're talking about SA2:B for the Gamecube because I don't ever remember it being 5 minutes?
MelissaChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MelissaChao »

Updated the themes section and added a part about files.
Dark_Heric
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Dark_Heric »

Nice guide.(Though I see little use for me, what with my 180 emblems.) However, I'm pretty sure that egg set thing from CrimsonClaws is flawed.
Set 1:Orange, green, and blue along with their shiny versions.
Set 2:Red, sky blue, and brown along with their shiny versions.
Set 3:Yellow, pink, and purple along with their shiny versions.
Posting that for reference...

Set 1:I know I've seen Orange had it VERY recently. Therefore, that set is here.
Set 2:I am almost positive I've seen one of those eggs on my file. I've noticed they are oddly rare, though...perhaps I shall examine further. I am almost positive, though, I have seen a shiny red egg, or a regular red or brown egg, sometime on this file.
Set 3:I have a shiny yellow chao as proof. Although, I did have to move out from a chao garden once.(Long story) However, I have recently seen a purple egg, and I have a pink chao that won me my 180th emblem in the dark race.

By that deduction, if this is true, I can't get set 2.(And my brother will not be happy to hear he can't get a shiny sky blue chao.)
Kinda weird that they'd do that, though. And I do kinda find it hard to believe, since the main site does not contain it.
I'm a different kind of amazing. The type that isn't really that amazing.
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

It's accurate, atleast in SA2. I suspect it was implimented to promote chao trading.
MelissaChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by MelissaChao »

I can't really say much about this since I've only researched the actual Black Market's prices, emblems, sell for, etc... ouo
If you find actual flaws on the chart with people to back you up on it, then I will definitely change the information, seeing as it's most likely incorrect. I need more than one person because people could say something just to mess with the guide.

And to everyone else wanting to know about emblems for hats and such, I'll get to work on that ASAP. I've been a bit busy with school starting back up, marching band taking up a lot of time after school, and working on a cosplay for a contest next year. I plan on getting started today! Gotta start a new file and everything! >u<
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I did some brief research into the whole sets thing a whole back and found it to be accurate, not sure if I ever shared it on here though.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Sonicheart
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sonicheart »

No matter what I try, I just can't get a red, purple, or pink egg! I am playing SA2 on the playstation 3, and even though I have 80 emblems, there wasn't a single sign of any of those colours! In fact, the only colours I ever do get are blue, green, orange, grey, white or the shiny variants except grey. I've found out that the Black Market seems to stalk new stuff whenever I get 10 more emblems, but recently, it doesn't help. Nothing new at all. I am at the edge of my rope with this game and I just may have to smash my console to bits if I can't figure out something soon. PLEASE HELP!
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

NO! Don't hurt the PS3 D:

You have to make a new save and try again or make another profile on the PS3
Sonicheart
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sonicheart »

I won't. If I break it, there's no way I can afford to replace it. I was just speaking out of frustration. I am not quite sure what you mean by a new save. If I make a new save, my chao are still in the garden, so it's still the same, or is there something I am missing? And if I make a new profile, how will I know it works? Because this has happened to me before on copies from the gamecube, a few years ago now.
Last edited by Mamkute on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the above post. Since your post is directly following, it is assumed to be a direct reply.
dracomageat
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by dracomageat »

There will always be three chao colours you can't get but, if you make a new profile, they will probably (67% chance) be different colours since you will have a new garden under that profile. Sadly, you will not be able to port your chao across.
Sonicheart
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sonicheart »

Okay, thanks for your help, and I believe I may have something to contribute for once..
I've noticed that whenever I started a new game, I always got the chao key on the very first level, and have always been stuck with blue, green, and orange eggs. (and never got any colours from different sets, how did that happen?) I tried going to the chao garden for the first time on the sixth (an interval of three) level in dark instead, and got the same set. So I think the set(s) is partially determined by what level you first enter the garden. I'll test this theory further later.
Drinking_Water
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: this is my Motto.

Post by Drinking_Water »

Thank you for the Egg Group thing!

Also: Egg Group's are linked to the CHAO data. Not the Adventure File data.

IMPORTANT! YOUR CHAO ARE LINKED TO THE SAME DATA THAT HOLDS THE "you can only get This Color Egg" DATA!

Edit: an easy way to get more Egg's is to:
Copy/Move Your main Adventure Data File to a New Memory Card. This data should have 500+ Rings and enough Emblems to ge Colored eggs to appear.
Then, get the Chao Key so you can go to the Chao Garden. Go to the Shop and transfer the Egg's (I say Eggs with an S because with every NEW Chao data you get 2 free eggs.) To your Main Memory Card.
I click every Dragon/Leetle I see! :)
MintyMyndi
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Hooray for Earth!

Post by MintyMyndi »

I have done some actual research without a memory card on SADX, and found some things that I'd like to share. These things are consistent in SA2B, as while my sister was gaining emblems, we'd pay close attention to the Black Market. First of all, each file has a FIRST set and a SECOND set. The eggs in each set appear in the order that they are listed in. The first set appears first, and the second appears second. For example, on my sister's SA2B file, her first set was the red set, and she got red, then sky blue, then brown, then gray, then she started to get the second set. The first egg was yellow, so I can predict pink showing up, then purple, and should never expect any eggs from the blue set. Therefore, the emblem requirements from the nine colors that make up the three sets varies by file. White, gray, lime green, and black (in that order) are unaffected, always appearing at the same number for all files. I don't know if the sets have "priority" over each other (red always comes before yellow, as on my sister's file) or if you could have, for example, the yellow set first and the red set second. More research needs to be done.
Another is the emblem numbers themselves. White first appears at five, then you should get a new egg every ten. I remember something funky happening once you start getting shiny eggs, but.... I've forgotten it! :chaocry: I THINK it was that it shifted to five emblem intervals, the odd multiples of five being matte eggs and the even ones being shiny. I don't quite remember...
More research does need to be done, but that's what I remember. I'm so bad at the game that I can't earn emblems quickly, so I can't do any research. Just take note of the things and, if you're good at speedruns, test them yourself. Thanks for reading my incoherent mess :chaohappy:

EDIT: I recently went memory-card-less in order to get a shiny purple Chao (using TCG) and found that I was incorrect about the interval. :surprise: It's every five. I apologize for the mistake. Also, it seems that you get your first set's shiny eggs before you get your second set's matte eggs. The gray egg appears before the shiny ones, and shiny gray before the second set. I'm guessing that you get your second set, then lime green, then shinies of those, then black, then shiny black... I don't know for sure. I hope that somebody can do more research.
Have you seen the alternate victory dance in Chao Karate?
http://youtu.be/dyxcEji3-0I (my video)
http://youtu.be/FpO6Wg84NiM (better quality, thanks to FrankT)
SmileRainbow
Egg
Egg

Post by SmileRainbow »

I am having a problem getting the items in the black market to change. I've tried turning the game off, resetting, waiting 5 minutes, going into stages and completing them, but they're always the exact same items. I've never had this problem before, is there anything I can do to get different items?
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

What is the longest period of time you've tried waiting? I often have to wait 15 minutes.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui