The Mafia Game!

Forum games such as "corrupt a wish" and "rate the above poster" can be played in this forum.
This is also the area for casual chat topics.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 10 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

The Mafia Game!

Post by SkyGinge »

I remember this being around in some kind of form in the past, and it being quite fun there and in real life. So I decided to revive it and make some more fun out of it. I've added in a couple of extra rules and chance a couple of things to make this work better online. Here is the game explained.

The competitors of the game are having a nice relaxing holiday in a resort called Chao Island. At the start of the game, each participant will be given a role at random by me via PM. You must not share what you are with anybody else: this ruins the game. There are six different types of role:

- The Mafia (three people): The big baddies who are central to the game. Everybody else is trying to find then out whilst they hide in the shadows, their job to kill off every non-mafia member through teamwork and expert bluffing.
- The Doctor (one person): The lovely healing chap. Their role is to utilise the power of science and medicine to save others from being killed by the mafia.
- The Detective (one person): The enigmatic wonder. Their expert analytic skills allow them to gain insight into potential suspects that they must use to persuade the others about a certain person's Mafia alliance.
- The Mayor (one person): The head honcho. Not even the boss himself can do anything special against the threat of the Mafia, but loyal followers make sure to avenge their fallen guide.
- The Press (one person): The gossiping scooper. They can really mix up the game by spreading rumours given by the games-master that may or may not be true.
- The People (all others): The innocent majority. They must vote on who they want arrested and it is up to their majority vote to decide on the destiny of many.

The objective of the game is simple: kill the Mafia before they kill you. At the start of each round, the Mafia must decide collectively which two people they want to assassinate. Then the Doctor gets to choose two people that he wishes to save, and finally, the Detective gets to ask me, the games-master, if one person is a Mafia member. All of this is done via PM.

As the people wake up, they will most likely be in for a shock. If you have been chosen by the Mafia then you will be dead, your final moments described in narrative by me, the games-master. However, if the doctor chose to protect somebody that the Mafia chose to kill, then the victim is saved. It is then up to the public to accuse people who they think might be the Mafia. In this morning time (and maybe mourning time too), the Press will be given a statement by me that they can choose to share with the public to help sway their decisions. If they do choose to share it then I shall post the statement, which may or may not be true. It is also up to the detective to subtly use the information they have gained to draw suspicion to the Mafia, without drawing suspicion to themselves as otherwise the Mafia will guess that they are the detective and kill them off. Through all of this, nobody may reveal their role, including plain old People.

When suspects have been chosen, everybody can vote on who they think is the Mafia. Beforehand, the suspects have one final chance to convince the others that they are not Mafia members. The two with the most votes will be taken away for the death penalty and their ID revealed. If the three Mafia members are arrested then everybody else wins, if only the Mafia is left then they win. And that's the game!

If you want to join in just say so in the comments below. I hope many people join as the more people, the more fun!

Rules:
1. As said multiple times, you must not say what role you have. This is the most important rule and if anybody breaks it then they will be killed off instantly.
2. When you have been killed, you are allowed one final post of your dying words and then you may not post again.
3. You need to be fairly active so that there isn't too much hold up waiting for Mafia, Doctor, Detective and Press decisions.
4. Please be polite and respectful to others.
5. You can be excessively melodramatic and silly with your posts, accusations and the like if you want: this really is all in jest.

Players list:
1. Triceratops10
2. EeveeFan
3. Flame
4.Pic v2.0 - Burnt to death on Night 1.
5. ThisIsTheUltimate
6. Dr. Roivas
7. Jeffrey Mewtamer
8. Twizzly
9. Batty
10. ThatGuyInTheCorner
Last edited by SkyGinge on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Love your enemy, even if they're jerks.

Re: The Mafia Game!

Post by Tri »

*raises hand*

Ooh! Me me!
This is a REALLY old avatar, so thanks to SonicRainboom!

I finally got a deviantart! Only one drawing now, but check it out!
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

*Raises hand* I wanna join!!!
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

I've never been in a completed Mafia game.

On a side note, SG, I totally approve of all your topics as of late. They're top.

I'm in too, if thou wouldst haveth mine life.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

^Thanks Flame :D I guess it's because I'm not pumping ideas into the RPing section like I used to. Of course I'll have you, anybody can join especially a friend like you :)
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Pic. v2.0
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Pic. v2.0 »

IM MAFIA MOTHERS
Twerk

(10:06:43) Pic._v2.0: DUMP BUCKETS OF PISS ON HER WHEN SHE IS SLEEPING
(10:07:02) Pic._v2.0: AND THEN PUT HER HAND IN HOT WATER
(10:07:13) Dr._Roivas: pic is a fan of urine related vengeance
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

sign me up
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

yooooooooooooooooo
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

The blindman wants in.
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

me
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

Count on me.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Ty for joining everyone, ideally we'll get ten people at the least and this will start on Saturday. There'll probably be multiple games too seeing as I've designed it to be pretty short. Cheers.

Funky stuff:
Pic. v2.0
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Pic. v2.0 »

I SUMMON THE NOVA SYMBOL
Twerk

SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

Also a reminder that this is your last chance to join this also, so if you're looking for fun then please do so

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I will be dishing out the roles in 1:30 hours time, so this is your last chance to get involved :)

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

The first night will be commencing now! Also, I cut the Mafia from three to two due to there only being nine participants. I will now be asking the Mafia who they want to kill, the Doctor who they want to save and the detective who they want to enquire about. Once this has happened, the day will begin and accusations (and maybe Phoenix Wright memes) will start!

Funky stuff:
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

SkyGinge wrote:(and maybe Phoenix Wright memes)

phoenix wright memes are old news gramps its all about the ding dang rumblebus now
thatguyinthecorner
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: Team Harvard Assemble!

Post by thatguyinthecorner »

I know I'm late, but may I join? :P
"A girl walks up to you and starts dancing and you walk away? What are you, gay, drunk, high...?"

"~~~AA-SEXUAL~~!"

^and that was the greatest exchange of my year.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

I... guess, although I have handed out all the roles. You'll have to just be an additional accuser, but everybody will know what role you have.

Funky stuff:
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

It was a relatively quiet first night in Chaopolis

Well, almost quiet.

At two o'clock in the morning, police arrived at a quiet house on the outskirts of town, having heard reports of screams from nearby residents. They noticed that the front windows of the cosy place had been completely and utterly smashed in, broken glass splattered all over the snug mat. They tried the door: it was unlocked. But upon searching the house, they found nothing of suspicion and were about to give up.

Then suddenly, one particular policeman noticed a boot stoking out of the chimney opening. With black dust clouding the air, they pulled out the boot to find it was connected to a young, chargrilled body. They presumed that the boy had been fried alive by some sinister group, presumably the infamous Mafia. Urgently, they checked the ID of the body to find that it was in fact...

Pic. v.2!!!

Nervous of further incidents, the police received contact from a medical ally. This ally, a doctor, warned them of a possible attack on a certain individual. Rushing their ambulances and police forces to the house of said person, they arrived to find the person lying on the ground with multiple stab wounds. However, due to the timely arrival of the ambulances, the attack was unsuccessful and the target is making a full recovery.

Now it is morning time in the town. The people want revenge for Pic's life and demand police arrest. It is up to you to accuse suspects who you think may be in the Mafia. Remember, good reasoning will help others believe your cause. Good luck, and may justice prevail!

Code: Select all

Pic is now dead. He has one last message that he can post on this comment, perhaps his dying words or life long secrets he wished to share. He may not reveal his role, nor speak out again: he is dead.
The Press will be receiving their rumours now. Discuss suspects, go!

Funky stuff:
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

what are you doing inside chaoop
Pic. v2.0
Adept Chao
Adept Chao

Post by Pic. v2.0 »

I really hate u guys u know dat
Twerk

SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

If you are not involved in this, I would appreciate it if you did not comment, especially if its random like that. Thank you!

As the local newspaper hits the shelves, the people are surprised to find a news story regarding the death of Pic already printed! It reads:

Code: Select all

Could young Brit be responsible for fiery end?

Evidence has arisen that EeveeFan could have been involved in the murder of Pic. v.2, an innocent man who came to a burning end last night. Unknown sources have Yates that she was seen by the crime scene with a lighter in her possession. Could she be the murderer?
Does this news (which may still be false) affect your accusations?

Funky stuff:
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Dr. Roivas »

I'm not gonna argue with Eeveefan's arrest.

Also wow that might actually be the worst possible way to die.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I would NEVER argue with eeveefan's arrest