[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v3.4 : Happiness problem f

Post by DarkyBenji »

krzys2 wrote:I'm here to say that secret chalenger is so powerfull that he won like nothing happened all my chao gratz DarkyBenji you raised very powerfull chao x.x
Can I hawe another hint with code? I spended all day trying to find it no luck :darkno:
nice to heard i have a powerfull chao :chaohappy: that was my first SSSSS chao Image

also the 3 hint was Chao, Texture Jewel, Egg
now let me show you the 4th :

so now you have : CHao, ^this texture jewel, egg

you can find it now, i will not give the 5th hint :darkno:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Post by Ciao »

How come tails' texture looks so good in your game?!

EDIT: I also thought of a suggestion for the mod. Perhaps you could find a way to restore the old layouts of the gardens in the Dreamcast version of the game? They looked cooler.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Ciao wrote:How come tails' texture looks so good in your game?!

EDIT: I also thought of a suggestion for the mod. Perhaps you could find a way to restore the old layouts of the gardens in the Dreamcast version of the game? They looked cooler.
Image :darkblink:

also for tails it's not a texture but it's Ambien occlusion effect (only with nvidia graphic card + geforce 327.23), that add shadow detail :blink:
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Post by Ciao »

How did you turn on Ambient Occlusion?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Ciao wrote:How did you turn on Ambient Occlusion?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44337 :blink:
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Really good work, JMT pointed me to this thread as i haven't been around lately

I'll post this on the front page and twitter if you have no objections! Looking forward to trying it out.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Mooncow wrote:Really good work, JMT pointed me to this thread as i haven't been around lately

I'll post this on the front page and twitter if you have no objections! Looking forward to trying it out.
thx ! it would make me pleasure if you post on the front page and twitter :chaohappy:

also Chao world Extended v4 coming soon !
release date : 13/04/2014

Mods :
Evening and night garden have light effect updated

Codes :
(update) Chao world extended :
- your chao will made a gray cocon whatever the happiness is when he's sick
the happiness go to 50 (if it's over 51) when he's sick.. but if you take him to the Doctor and heal, your chao win +30 happiness

- you can guess your chao happiness by his reaction :
*when you chao is old and will make a gray cocon, he's scared
*when you chao have 100 happiness, he's very happy
*when you chao is under 0 happiness, he's gonna cry sometime

- your chao die instantly if you abuse him (when the happiness reach -100)
- you can play with ALT character (amy, metal sonic, chaos 0, tikal) by pressing L or R (or both) after pick the character and during the loading screen

Advanced code : Chao karate have Medal
- simple you win medal (from SADX) when you win 5 matches on chao karate

(update) Hunger's difficult : the happiness is stuck to 50 if your chao are hungry now, of course he will cry before lose happiness

2 players in chao world (beta) :
- Good point :
*with this code you can go to chao world by selecting the 1st levels list (and work for all characters)
*you can coop with your friends by selecting the other level like city escape and collect the drive or animal
(and the 2p is invinsible cause he don't have ring count)
*in chao world, you can hurt your friends (and your friends can hurt you) without any problem (like game frezze)
*compatible network if you share chao save (still need to be tested)

- Bad point :
*P2 can hurt the chao (-5 happiness) by droping him when the P1 hold nothing
*some level like Dry lagoon, hidden base, and ocean froze or can't be complete with 2P (like metal harbor)
*for some reason tails and eggman in chao world together don't work, P2 can pick eggman and P1 tails, but in chao world, both have tails (or eggman if the P1 pick eggman), not on other levels

you can enable this code and go to P1 mode, it's like you didn't enable it, that only change the VS mode

"Disable voice" removed, cause it's useless

hope you love it ! :chaohappy:
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Mooncow wrote:Really good work, JMT pointed me to this thread as i haven't been around lately

thx ! it would make me pleasure if you post on the front page and twitter :chaohappy:

also Chao world Extended v4 coming soon !
release date : 13/04/2014

Mods :
Evening and night garden have light effect updated

Codes :
(update) Chao world extended :
- your chao will made a gray cocon whatever the happiness is when he's sick
the happiness go to 50 (if it's over 51) when he's sick.. but if you take him to the Doctor and heal, your chao win +30 happiness

- you can guess your chao happiness by his reaction :
*when you chao is old and will make a gray cocon, he's scared
*when you chao have 100 happiness, he's very happy
*when you chao is under 0 happiness, he's gonna cry sometime

- your chao die instantly if you abuse him (when the happiness reach -100)
- you can play with ALT character (amy, metal sonic, chaos 0, tikal) by pressing L or R (or both) after pick the character and during the loading screen

Advanced code : Chao karate have Medal
- simple you win medal (from SADX) when you win 5 matches on chao karate

(update) Hunger's difficult : the happiness is stuck to 50 if your chao are hungry now, of course he will cry before lose happiness

2 players in chao world (beta) :
- Good point :
*with this code you can go to chao world by selecting the 1st levels list (and work for all characters)
*you can coop with your friends by selecting the other level like city escape and collect the drive or animal
(and the 2p is invinsible cause he don't have ring count)
*in chao world, you can hurt your friends (and your friends can hurt you) without any problem (like game frezze)
*compatible network if you share chao save (still need to be tested)

- Bad point :
*P2 can hurt the chao (-5 happiness) by droping him when the P1 hold nothing
*some level like Dry lagoon, hidden base, and ocean froze or can't be complete with 2P (like metal harbor)
*for some reason tails and eggman in chao world together don't work, P2 can pick eggman and P1 tails, but in chao world, both have tails (or eggman if the P1 pick eggman), not on other levels

you can enable this code and go to P1 mode, it's like you didn't enable it, that only change the VS mode

"Disable voice" removed, cause it's useless

hope you love it ! :chaohappy:
I see new version is coming. You know what? New secrets are coming it means nolife again and + we will find max only 1 T.T
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

krzys2 wrote:I see new version is coming. You know what? New secrets are coming it means nolife again and + we will find max only 1 T.T
there's still 2 secret code to found :blink:
also.. v4 is release
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4 : Custom your Chao Worl

Post by krzys2 »

Hey DarkyBenji I hawe idea for mod, is it possible to make chaos chao hawe animals parts?it would be awesome mod :darkwalkback:
Image Image Image Image
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

This is a really good mod, I've been having lots of fun with it lately. It fixes a lot of the things that really annoyed me in the vanilla SA2 Chao System.

I have two suggestions for you and they're both regarding the races:
  • Are you able to randomise the alignment for the opponent Chao in future versions? (At least with the child chao anyway, it bugs me how all the opponents in the beginner races are neutral chao)
  • Is it possible to make it so the player Chao doesn't always start in lane 1?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

krzys2 wrote:Hey DarkyBenji I hawe idea for mod, is it possible to make chaos chao hawe animals parts?it would be awesome mod :darkwalkback:
i guess it's possible, i will try :blink:
JmTsHaW wrote:This is a really good mod, I've been having lots of fun with it lately. It fixes a lot of the things that really annoyed me in the vanilla SA2 Chao System.

I have two suggestions for you and they're both regarding the races:
  • Are you able to randomise the alignment for the opponent Chao in future versions? (At least with the child chao anyway, it bugs me how all the opponents in the beginner races are neutral chao)
  • Is it possible to make it so the player Chao doesn't always start in lane 1?
1 - of course ! should be easy for baby chao, for adult chao i will see if it's possible :blink:
2 - no, it's not possible because if i change the lane position of the player, the game will crash cause there's not script to load for chao bot lane 1 than other lanes (and swap the lanes script is not possible too... i guess :walk: )

Edit :
for krzys2 :
ImageImage
For JmTsHaW

Progress! but the code that make chaos chao and character chao like normal chao is a little buggy, i need to fix that
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tails852 »

Hi DarkyBenji I Will Give You An Idea For The Mod :wink: So You Know A Mod With Alternate Characters So I Wanted To Be
Alternate Characters (And All The Alternate Have Some Missing Sounds And The Life Icon Is Well But Not The Life Box) Chao Walker I Love The Chao Walker :chaohappy: And I Think When Go To The Chao World I Will Be An Chao But Its Worng
You Will Be Tails! :stomp: So Yo are Great Moding So I Think You Could Complete The Mod (The Same Thing With Dark Chao Walker) Its An Idea But Will Be Cool You Added :wink: So Think :chaohappy:

And Another Make All Players Chao! (For Example If I Am Sonic I Will Turn A Chao! :chaohappy:) Will Be Cool

May Be Too Much But I Now You Can Do Anything
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

DarkyBenji wrote: For JmTsHaW
Finally our hero and dark chao will not be alone in the races :stomp:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

tails852 wrote:Hi DarkyBenji I Will Give You An Idea For The Mod :wink: So You Know A Mod With Alternate Characters So I Wanted To Be
Alternate Characters (And All The Alternate Have Some Missing Sounds And The Life Icon Is Well But Not The Life Box) Chao Walker I Love The Chao Walker. And I Think When Go To The Chao World I Will Be An Chao But Its Worng
You Will Be Tails! :stomp: So Yo are Great Moding So I Think You Could Complete The Mod (The Same Thing With Dark Chao Walker) Its An Idea But Will Be Cool You Added :wink: So Think :chaohappy:

And Another Make All Players Chao! (For Example If I Am Sonic I Will Turn A Chao!) Will Be Cool

you can be a character by holding L or R during level loading
and i fixed the missing sound for alt character (you enabled the mod "chao world extended" ?)

and about your request : it's impossible... let me tell you why :
Spoiler:
with the "logic" of the game, you're not supposed to use alt character on 1P so alt are not supposed to be in chao world but we can do it by edit character value (for amy, metal sonic, tikal, chaos)

but tails and eggman are 2 models different :
1 for mission/stage (mech version)
1 for the chao world (mechless version)

and chao/dark chao walker don't have the model for chao world (mechless version)
i can put chao/dark walker mech version in chao world BUT i will not do that BECAUSE you can't raise your chao so it's useless

(that explain why you're still tails even you pick him on chao world and hold L+R and nothing happen)

atleast if you pick tails for mission/stage and holding L or R you play with chao walker (for eggman = dark chao walker)

and i can't make all characters playable to chao version :no: cause we can't edit the models
change the value, chao system and other stuff, it's possible ! except edit models...
and hope you can understand :sway:
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

To clarify what was said above:

SA2 is programmed in such a way that Sonic, Shadow, amy, and Metal Sonic are treated as model swaps of the generic "running" character, and the same is true for the "treasure hunting" and "mech" characters. However, mechless Tails and Mechless Eggman are treated as completely separate characters code wise from both each other and their mech counterparts. There is also a "Super" character that handles the shared code for Super Sonic and Super Shadow.

Making the Mech Characters playable in the gardens isn't impossible, nor is making Chao playable, but these would require either someone figuring out the SA2 Model format or disassembling the game and sifting through its code, the latter of which is a recipe for insanity for all but the most hardcore of programmers.

By comparison, making Amy, Metal, Tikal, and Chaos playable in Chao World is a simple matter of changing a memory value so the "running" or "treasure hunting" character loads an alternate skin and adding any the assets that are missing on account of the 2P-only characters not being meant for single player. On a related note, I'm pretty sure there is a general mod for allowing you to use any Running Character in any running stage, any mech character in any shooting level, and any treasure hunting character in any treasure hunting level, though I think some of the running levels are rendered unbeatable with certain characters(For example, some of Sonic's levels require the bounce bracelet, which Shadow normally doesn't get and hacking to give Shadow the bounce bracelet is unreliable from what I have read). Speaking of which, is that part of the hack based on a pre-existing Character swap hack or did you recreate that functionality and does this implementation work outside of Chao World?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:[...]Speaking of which, is that part of the hack based on a pre-existing Character swap hack or did you recreate that functionality and does this implementation work outside of Chao World?
i recreate that functionality and that work outside and inside the chao world mode

the original is a DLL file mod for get all characters for all stage : http://mm.reimuhakurei.net/?page=sa2mods
but for unknow reason with this DLL mod you can't play the race game (route 101, 280)
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by krzys2 »

DarkyBenji you are just awesome I always wanted my chaos chao to hawe parts because I wanted to add wings to my angel chao :sway:
Image Image Image Image
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by krzys2 »

Well guys, Today is a big day because you know what?

It's about secret, I finaly found it !!!!
:herosway:
Spoiler:

Yes this is Egg chao good work DarkyBenji! :omochao:
Image Image Image Image
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

Wow. I've always wanted that chao to be obtainable.

How do you get the Egg-texture Chao?
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by tails852 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
tails852 wrote:Hi DarkyBenji I Will Give You An Idea For The Mod :wink: So You Know A Mod With Alternate Characters So I Wanted To Be
Alternate Characters (And All The Alternate Have Some Missing Sounds And The Life Icon Is Well But Not The Life Box) Chao Walker I Love The Chao Walker. And I Think When Go To The Chao World I Will Be An Chao But Its Worng

And Another Make All Players Chao! (For Example If I Am Sonic I Will Turn A Chao!) Will Be Cool

you can be a character by holding L or R during level loading
and i fixed the missing sound for alt character (you enabled the mod "chao world extended" ?)

and about your request : it's impossible... let me tell you why :
Spoiler:
with the "logic" of the game, you're not supposed to use alt character on 1P so alt are not supposed to be in chao world but we can do it by edit character value (for amy, metal sonic, tikal, chaos)

but tails and eggman are 2 models different :
1 for mission/stage (mech version)
1 for the chao world (mechless version)

and chao/dark chao walker don't have the model for chao world (mechless version)
i can put chao/dark walker mech version in chao world BUT i will not do that BECAUSE you can't raise your chao so it's useless

(that explain why you're still tails even you pick him on chao world and hold L+R and nothing happen)

atleast if you pick tails for mission/stage and holding L or R you play with chao walker (for eggman = dark chao walker)

and i can't make all characters playable to chao version :no: cause we can't edit the models
change the value, chao system and other stuff, it's possible ! except edit models...
and hope you can understand :sway:
Sorry I Didint Now You Can Edit Models But You Fixed Sounds But No Box Well Thanks For Responding

It Will Be Well Cuz The Chao Could Fly But Not The Dark
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

JmTsHaW wrote:Wow. I've always wanted that chao to be obtainable.

How do you get the Egg-texture Chao?
really hard but
1 - you need 1 (or 2) chao with a challenge medal, that allow you to get all texture chao (so the egg texture chao)
2 - 2 hearts fruits for mating the chao with medal challenge
3 - have Luck ( :walkback: )
4 - after you get the egg texture chao, give the Skeleton Dog to your egg texture chao and give him the egg head (normal color)
5 - your chao become a true chao egg

that's the one of the secrets codes i added in my mod pack... we can also call.. a "easter egg" :herocool:

Code you need :
Medal chao can make jewel chao

the list is in the first post :blink:

Edit : also congratulation to krzys2 for found the 2nd secret code
1 more left (omochao ?)
Zeo-san
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Zeo-san »

Oooh.

The mod is looking really lovely so far, and I'd love to be able to use it... but I don't think it is currently possible in PS3 so far, which is a bummer.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by krzys2 »

Well I starded to work on finding the last secret code i found something about race thingy if you hawe jewel random texture on chao and go omochao race your texture change to ,,Number 1"

This texture only remains in race in garden it's normal is it something with secret code? :omochao:

Edit: This happens only if you hawe chao texture
1. 106-Omachao X
2. 107-Blue, red and yellow
Image Image Image Image
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I want a racing lane 1 chao now :(