Chao role-players discussion topic

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Re: Chao role-players discussion topic

Post by quartzlcc »

That's fair.

What bugs me less is the god-modding itself, and more the characteristics that seem to come with it ... when every post one writes has only to do with their character(s), it gets boring fast. Like, why are you even role-playing. Just write a story on your own if you don't want to actually interact with anyone. :no:
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Jack Augustine wrote:[...
Plus, Quartz, idk why you hate reading my characters' minds so much.]
Pretty sure I'm missing something here. I don't understand.
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Snowy the Chao has been officially disbanded from the Chao Rp community in CI due to something that's going to happen, so.

However, he'll be in Nacho's Forum.

Just thought I should say it. And no, it's not because of the new Rp or this statement of mine
SnowyTimeHero wrote: I'm still not getting rid of Snowy but limiting him down to normal chao stuff has been in my mind for a while.
Just wait and see.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Never let the world change your smile.

Post by NachoThePikachu »

At least i'll still be able to see him. :3

and okie!
☆~Bow down to the Banana Lord~☆
Add me on Discord! ☆ NachoThePikachu#0622
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

One has risen, many have fallen.

(whoa, new rp soon)
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

How are y'all liking my Powered Down RP?
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

Too much time hero interaction, if i were chaos, i'd make sure they couldn't.

Other than that...it seems a little fast, but ok.
kantu
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: I'm a fire dog. You can't get any cooler than that.

Post by kantu »

So, I mentioned a few pages back an alternate universe RP, where the chao travel to an alternate universe or something. I've come up with two possible basic plot guidelines:

1) A group of chao hire a mad scientist to reset the world, causing the universe to change and the chao have no memory.

2) The same group tries to contact their counterparts in an alternate universe, but the Time Heroes try to stop them, resulting in the TH's getting sent to the alternate universe as well, joining up with their counterparts to try and stop this group.

Those are just very basic plot lines. I'm waiting for all my summer vacations and thingies to die down before I start work on something. Plus all my RPs only last like, three pages xD. So maybe someone could help this take shape? No credit needed.
I got a Wii U! Send me a friend request! NN ID: KantuK
I'm gone for a while, and would love to come back soon, maybe around Christmas?
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I don't like the time heroes, the characters are reused too much for me. :blink:
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Why do I even bother trying to explain again...?
Cause I'm pretty stubborn and I like to defend my rpers and I.

The title "Time Heroes" was placed on our chao because we DO use these chao a lot, they are our main characters. Sure, they're not brand spanking new characters and some of you may dislike them, but they're just us, leave them alone.

We don't mind not using them, so if you want more new characters in rps, just make or participate in rps that have a rule that say so.

We probably won't stop using them(unless in said rps with said rules) anytime soon, so just get used to it. Sorry. :T
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Ivo-goji: Of course. Bananas are always the answer. How foolish of me to think otherwise.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

I know. but it makes them really overdeveloped, you know? I've seen a few of them at really OP ability levels for RPs that are only at page 3 or 5 which I can only imagine would put them in really out-of-character positions when standing against your basic villain early in the RP. (Think Electro's bolts for example, they're probably powerful enough to literally shock-to-death anyone he dislikes but for the sake of story unless Jack pulls off something plausible enough his character would just be kind of stuck there uncharacteristically forced to watch the villain do his boring speech.)

Another thing is some of them are ridiculously old and have backstories that don't really make a lot of sense, this is probably the worst of the things that peeve me about them if I had to pick. I would be a hyprocrite if I argued over going outside the 5-year lifespan in general, but come on; Pebbles is 2000 years old and practically writes an animé in his bio. Some of them even come from alternate dimensions, even when it's a completely inappropriate subject to the current RP to be brought up if/when it is.

I honestly do try and leave them alone to their own devices because I never intended to be that nitpicky, but they tend to get in the faces of everyone else a lot. What I means is a lot of the RPs pretty much put new characters in the shadow of the Time Heroes and it makes them feel almost like guest appearances.
Not meaning to cause offence, I just wanted to give you some critique and get some thoughts off my back.

I'm sorry for not liking your characters and I do acknowledge you try to improve them sometimes. But eh, they just plain suck to me. :I
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

i'm trying to reduce anything op about time heroes, if that helps

i mean, char doesn't even know what to do in battle
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

At the risk of sounding like a tool, I believe JmTsHaW's observations are spot on.
NachoThePikachu
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Yes, I understand what you mean, and we're going to move our characters to another place for the time being just for the sake of having fresher, new characters to work with.

I can't really say much about how our characters have had strange back stories and are 'OP' because I will admit, yes, most of it is true, but it's just stuff that we're used to. We never expected anymore chao rpers or the returning of old chao rpers, so it's just something that became normal to us.

I'm just asking that peps leave the "Time Heroes" alone because we're just bothered by the fact that they're suddenly being uncalled for. We're just used to them, you know? You can't really get mad at us for doing the same thing we've being doing for a few years, and no one's said anything till now. It just bugs me a little.

But yeah, we're overused and stuff, don't worry we'll adjust with everyone soon. :3
(At least, I hope.)

Now I have at least more insight on why you guys don't like them, so... thanks for that? ^~^"
TwitterDeviantArtTwitch
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

KeatonLabs wrote:Too much time hero interaction, if i were chaos, i'd make sure they couldn't.

Other than that...it seems a little fast, but ok.
Oh, that's just for the start... I'll do something on page 6.

Everyone, please.

Maybe Electro COULD kill anyone he dislikes, but he ain't even as powerful as the Time Heroes. I say powerful relative to his own power, when focusing on him.

And Lucky's hardly able to truly FIGHT with her water, it's all defense.
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

I will agree with JmT onone thing. The time heroes are NOW OP but when it was just us, our rp's where centered around the fact that they werent compared to what we dealt with.

A character isnt OP when they use their powers to god like extents, it's when they have too many powers. Its not necasarily what a character will do, its what a character CAN do. And thats where pebbles in particular falls into play. 2000 YEARS? THORS HAMMER OMN STEROIDS?! Lol, im kidding but seriously, he needs a downgrade, even if he isnt good with his stuff, he is still in the OP catagory.

In fact, a lot of our characters are op. We'll just try our best to move our characters away from here so they dont mess with you guys and we can make our worlds focus around our strengths again.
kantu
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by kantu »

Also, about Pebbles: He's 2000 years old because he has the blessing of Kietari and can't die of old age. I don't know about an anime, but because of the mood of Nacho's first RP, I had to make somethings a little more serious between Pebbles and Kietari than just giggling at each other the whole time. And with Thor's hammer: at the time, Pebbles current power was just plain creating weapons that disappeared after the fight. But then, back when Zero was op, He made Pebbles his hammer out of thin air, and explained all the powers to Pebbles, so don't blame me for his hammer if anyone, blame Jack
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

But it's in your power to remove it yes? You never had to keep it. But the hammer itself is ok. Im talking about once you added his suit stuff, thats when pebbles went from good to bad.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Hey, dude...

No. Just no...

I never said you had to KEEP the hammer.
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Speeps »

in other news this board almost has 66666 posts :stomp:
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

kantu, i propose that you use the suit sparingly
kantu
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao

Post by kantu »

Look, here's the deal: I had Pebbles with only his hammer, and he didn't seem right, not on par with the rest of the Time Heroes so, I had to give him another power, the suit. I just started adding stuff on a whim, making it a little op. Plus, it's not really a mech, more of an Iron-Man suit. And yes. I usually try to use it only once or twice during an RP. If you guys like, I can remove some stuff from the list of abilities. P.S. The suit has a jet pack because Pebbles has no wings and can't fly on his own.

So, I hope I cleared everything up. :chaohappy:
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

One thing I'm wondering is how exactly does one go about being 2000 years old and having the maturity and wisdom of a 13-year-old?
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Jack Augustine »

Ha, ha! He got you, Kantu!