Theory of a Blob

The Pokémon board, because of popular demand! Gotta catch 'em all!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Theory of a Blob

Post by Ommy »

so recently there have been some pics on serebii showing of some green thing (i'ma call it Larry like they do on Reddit) that could be a new pokemon. what do ya'll think this pokemon or thing could be? i'm speculating it has something to do with drawing out the power of mega evolution but idk, i'd like to see what others think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ftZ45bTDE
video
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Re: Theory of a Blob

Post by Ivogoji »

It's.... a Jigglypuff seen from above.

Kidding; actually I can't watch the video, so if someone could describe it to me that would be much appreciated.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

http://serebii.net/news/2015/19-July-2015.shtml

Its head looks like a bright green (almost Larvitar Green) Shuppet without the tip on it's head. Has some sort of beak/nose under its eyes instead.

And it's eyes are white, unequal, ovals, one being bigger than the other. The smaller eye doesn't have a pupil but, the bigger one does.
Its body is a circle, and has a smaller red (Again, almost Larvitar Red) circle on it.
has a small tail on it.

No legs, but the trailer didn't show if they crawled on the ground or floated.

I'm guessing it's a new Pokemon and Game Freak realized people keep hacking the game for it secrets so, they're just gonna add it in an update.
And then everybody's STILL gonna have to go all the way to Game Stop for it.

I'm also gonna call it Castform 2.0.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Hmmm. Maybe a pre-evolved form for the Duskull line? Certainly appears to be somekind of Ghost-type.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Post by CitrusCat »

^
...That seems highly unlikely to me. It just seems like such a random thing to do (especially since we've never had a linear, four-stage evolution line before, if you don't count Mega Evolutions), and this Pokemon's resemblance to Duskull is incredibly slight. And we don't even know for sure what type it is...

I'm personally HOPING that it's an early reveal of a 7th Generation Pokemon. Some people seem to think it'll be related to Zygarde somehow, but that seems just a little odd to me. But, it's hard to say for sure. I really just hope we get more details soon.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

GUYS. That thing IS Zygarde.

Castform 2.0./Larry/Green-blob-with-asymmetrical-eyes-and-wisp-like-body, is actually called...

Zygarde Core.

The ones in the trailer that didn't have a red spot, and instead a dark green one are called: Zygarde Cell.

Zygarde Core absorbs Zygarde Cell to become, Zygarde....
10 percent.

Best. Form. Naming. Ever.
It also looks like Houndoom. Should have called it Hound Z instead. It'd be the best rapping dog ever.

Normal Zygarde is Zygarde... 50 percent? Wow.

It's like someone was watching DBZ while making this.

Seriously, it's some kinda awkward Frieza and Cell combination at this point. Of course, now we have to see Zygarde's next transformation.
As you all know, Zygarde never transforms without a countdown before it transforms.

*In Vegeta voice* 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.

The last Zygarde, you guessed it, is Zygarde 100%. Wait, you guessed Perfect Zygarde Power Weighted?
Good enough.

It also looks like Nightmare Knight a bit for some reason.

What else? The Anime going to change from Pokemon X&Y to Pokemon XY&Z. At least in Japan.

Does this mean Pokemon Z? Pokemon Z for Wii U for Pokemon's 20th anniversary? (Once again, the best choice.)
Or Pokemon X2 and Y2 because Pokemon wants just wants to weird the stuffing out of us?

Oh yes. And we can't forget Ash/Satoshi Greninja. Weirdo.
Last edited by chaoadventures on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

- - -
papermario1998
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Coming soon to videocassette

Post by papermario1998 »

So basically, Zygarde is now the Pokemon version of Cell?
I'm back from the WayBack machine, and I'm Knocking, again.
Furry Trash :cool:
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I feel like im gonna be the odd man out like i was with X and Y but i really cant say im happy or excited about this. My interest in pokemon comes from seeing what new monsters game freak can give us and while im down for remakes, x and y werent so great about this as is and seeing that generation's mons being changed is cool but it isnt what makes me like pokemon. I would have much prefered if this had been some new pokemon like i'd originally thought. But no, they made it a form of an already existing pokemon. Which is fine i mean its not like they havent before but with them doing so many mega evolutions lately I'm personally getting anxious to see something actually new, not redoing something already existing and making it cooler. And If it leads to something like pokemon z, well i didnt like x or y as is so its going to have to do something special for me to care like a wii u release instead of hand held. And I dont like the anime either so that wont affect me at all
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I'm mostly in the same boat as you, I just posted it cause no one else did.

Personally, I don't want it to be a new Pokemon, for a new Generation, because the speed we keep leaving generations is too fast. That's why I don't remember all the Unova Pokemon.

I also heard the Mega Evolution Specials are pretty good (The next Act's gonna have Zygarde Core and potentially Greninja.). I still haven't watched them though.

- - -
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Post by KeatonLabs »

I'd agree if new pokemon weren't what made a new generation. And personally even if the past is fast as long as the pokemon stand out and are unique i can remember them. (though unova isnt helped by having i think the highest count of new pokemon). I wouldnt necessarily want something like black and white tough because its a bit too much, but for me pokemon isnt unique enough to constantly throw the old right back at us and stay interesting. Its what killed x and y for me, it felt too much like i was just replaying past experiences thanks to its huge roster for past pokemon and small one for new, and it only felt like a couple parts of it were actually fresh. (X and Y generally isnt helped by everything else to me though. I personally view it as the second worse generation of the entire series, beating gen 1 and being beaten by gen 2)

If you cant provide that i personally dont see the draw with pokemon as a whole. Mega evolutions and new forms are cool yes, but they arent really all that new and theres a point where i see it as laziness. If the rate we get new generations slows down i think this wouldnt be an issue. personally i think 3 years at least between but fill that gap with spin offs kinda like what pokken is doing.

Also dunno what these mega evolution specials are but i just cant stand the anime. Too much of it bugs me so i could care less even if its supposedly good.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

I really wish that Zygarde Core was a 7th Gen. Pokemon like I was hoping... At least it's still cute.

Zygarde Cell basically just looks like a Zygarde Core lying flat on its stomach. Not much to say here.

The dog Zygarde has a really good design in my opinion, but it also seems really odd and out of place. I dunno.

Perfect Zygarde or whatever looks cool I guess. I notice it has blue and red on it, which immediately brings Xerneas and Yveltal to mind. Hmm.

Also, I have to admit that the form naming is crap. I mean, come on, "Zygarde 50%"? Really? I hope they change it somehow for the English name.

And it's worth noting that I never really care about the third versions, so I'm not really that hyped. I probably won't get it. I do have Black2/White2, but those are actual sequels. So... Yeah.
What is my life anymore?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

^To be honest, Zygarde 50% as a cobra turning into some bipedal thing at 100% is really out of place too. Also after looking at for awhile, 100% looks less like a Pokemon and more like a Digimon.
That or a statue.
KeatonLabs wrote:Also dunno what these mega evolution specials are but i just cant stand the anime. Too much of it bugs me so i could care less even if its supposedly good.
In short, The Evolution Specials are supposed to be Serious Business and don't have Ash or his friends in them.

- - -
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Honestly, this isn't really that surprising when you consider established patterns:
Emerald didn't introduce a new form for Rayquaza, but it did introduce a new form for Deoxys, who was at the time, the only Pokemon with shifting forms that persisted outside of battle.
Platinum Introduced Giratina Origin Form and Shaymin Sky Form.
Black2/White 2 introduced Kyurem Black and Kyurem White as well as Keldeo Resolute Form

And now Zygard has a whole series of forms. Meaning this is the third generation in a row where the third member of the Legendary Trio whose first two members are the box legends for the initial paired version gets an alternate form. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the G6 event legends also gets an alternate form, since it would extend the existing pattern to 4 generations.

Also, if they decide to go the B2W2 route again, I predict the games will be called XZ and YZ since Z is the obvious choice for a third version title and Z kinda looks like a 2.

That said, I kind of hope the G6 Third version comes in the form of a "Second Quest" DLC for XY with XZ and YZ versions being release for late adopters and having the DLC built-in(i.e. those who already have X or Y just download the new content while those who held off for the third version just buy the enhanced carts).

As for spacing of main games, I think it worth noting that G5 was abnormally short. Going by year of Japanese release, we have the following timeline for initial paired versions:
1996: red and Green
1999: Gold and Silver
2002: Ruby and Sapphire
2006: Diamond and Pearl
2010: Black and White
2013: X and Y

Should also be noted that G5 is the only generation without remakes since they started doing remakes and is the only generation that was for the same hardware generation as the previous generation. I suspect the longer lifespan of the DS compared to the GBC and GBA forced Gamefreak to put out a new generation before newer hardware came out and then the 3DS forced them to cut G5 short as Nintendo pressured them to give the 3DS it's killer app. G5 having the largest roster of any gen(even larger than G1's) followed by G6 having the smallest roster(unless you count all the Megas as new mons) could also be a result of GameFreak having dragged out G4 as long as they could and then cutting G5 short to get G6 out the door.

Anyways, I really hope whatever they have planned for the 20th Anniversary is something grander and less predictable than a third version for xY.
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

I like the dog Zygarde, but it seems like it should be its own pokemon. But eh, cells and whatever so I guess it makes sense. Also lol at that greninja

EDIT: So those new forms do have some background to them:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/commen ... rde_forms/
Last edited by Ommy on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadriaFan
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Tiny take back pretty crystals in GLADIATOR ARENA!

Post by ShadriaFan »

chaoadventures wrote:^To be honest, Zygarde 50% as a cobra turning into some bipedal thing at 100% is really out of place too. Also after looking at for awhile, 100% looks less like a Pokemon and more like a Digimon.
same. Both Core and Cell remind me of baby digimon, such as Pabumon (limbless blob of green slime with a pacifier in its mouth), while 10% Zygarde reminds me of Dobermon, and Perfect Zygarde reminds me of RookChessmon (Black). 50% Zygarde, is the only one I can't pinpoint as a Digimon. :/
SonicBoom wrote:I guess the secret's out. I live in a flying metal lemon.
1337 chao date:Feb.6,2012.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

useless partially irrelevant fun fact

zygarde is POSSIBLY based off of norse mythology, all 3 forms, excluding cell form, are based off of loki's children, fenrir (a wolf), jormungandr (world serpent), and hel (ruler of hell), the last one is mostly pointed out by the fact that hel was half blue and half flesh colored, and some other sources say she looked half alive and half dead, in reference to the fact zygarde has half yveltal color and half xerneas color

dunno where sleipnir, the 8 legged horse is, though.
help me
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

If those things hanging off the sides of Zygarde 100% are limbs, if you look closely there's two on each shoulder.

That would mean Zygarde 100% has 8 limbs altogether so... Zygarde 100% is Sleipnir and Hel? Zygarde Core is like Cell from DBZ. Now it''s someone who was watching DBZ and the History channel.

So maybe it decides where you go when you die and rules over the places?
Lesson learned: Arceus is lazy. He's too lazy to create time and space, an inhabitable planet or move the continents to his liking, balance the universe, or create and maintain an afterlife.
Real productive.

- - -
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Someone had a theory about the 3 forms representing the 3 children of Loki: The wolf, the snake and Hel - Goddess of the Underworld. Seems pretty fitting.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Pumpkinium
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: spongebob

Post by Pumpkinium »

yeah... we know... cuz i already said it......................
Lord Spiritomb wrote:useless partially irrelevant fun fact

zygarde is POSSIBLY based off of norse mythology, all 3 forms, excluding cell form, are based off of loki's children, fenrir (a wolf), jormungandr (world serpent), and hel (ruler of hell), the last one is mostly pointed out by the fact that hel was half blue and half flesh colored, and some other sources say she looked half alive and half dead, in reference to the fact zygarde has half yveltal color and half xerneas color

help me
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

If this is the case, then that dog form makes a lot more sense to me now.
What is my life anymore?
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

Lord Spiritomb wrote:yeah... we know... cuz i already said it......................
Lord Spiritomb wrote:useless partially irrelevant fun fact

And I already linked it lol

jk, but ye, having some background on them now makes them seem more cool
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

The mythology connections are really cool, especially with the already existing connections of Xerneas, Ylvetal, and Zygarde being inhabitants of the world tree (stag, eagle, and snake.) And the half live half dead, with Xerneas and Ylvetal colors is also really cool.

But I feel like they could have at least handled the wolf form a bit better, perhaps being a bit more subtle about its wolf-like qualities. As it is now, it just looks like a Zygarde painted Houndoom.
New pokemon stuff does look pretty exciting, as it always is.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

Lord Spiritomb wrote:yeah... we know... cuz i already said it......................
Why would I read every single post of a topic? No need to be so passive-aggressive about it.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I literally check the first page, second-to-last page, last page, and occasionally all the pages inbetween, to stop that exact thing from happening.

But that's just me.

- - -
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

And it's not like the thread was multiple pages or filled with wall of text posts, so there really wasn't any excuse not to read the whole thread before posting.

Anyways, the possible connections to Norse mythology are cool.