[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Kahlertek43
Egg
Egg

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7 : it's Here !

Post by Kahlertek43 »

So, I love this mod, but when I use it it appears to remove the upgrades from the characters?? :thinking:
Like, they can still use the upgrades, they just don't appear on them, and I kinda like how they look... And I can't find any similar issues in this thread.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Kahlertek43 wrote:So, I love this mod, but when I use it it appears to remove the upgrades from the characters?? :thinking:
Like, they can still use the upgrades, they just don't appear on them, and I kinda like how they look... And I can't find any similar issues in this thread.
yeah i put a mod to make upgrades "invisible" for the 2p chao world, or else the character model got "glitchy"
but with the lastest update of SA2modloader,
i can make upgrades invisible only in 2p chao world, so you will still have it in single player (that's gonna be in the next chao world extended update)

so don't worry about it (you're not alone asking that) :blink:
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
ChiChi
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChiChi »

About the Pacifier, do they need a skeleton dog before hand to wear it? Mine won't do anything with it unless I give them a dog to wear it (their head disappears) but even then they won't turn into a baby, just do what they normally do no matter how happy the chao is, I even petted it over 100 times and still nothing
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

ChiChi wrote:About the Pacifier, do they need a skeleton dog before hand to wear it? Mine won't do anything with it unless I give them a dog to wear it (their head disappears) but even then they won't turn into a baby, just do what they normally do no matter how happy the chao is, I even petted it over 100 times and still nothing
Yes they need a skeleton dog. If nothing is happening when your chao puts on the pacifier, is the chao already a baby? Is the code enabled?
ChiChi
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChiChi »

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:
ChiChi wrote:About the Pacifier, do they need a skeleton dog before hand to wear it? Mine won't do anything with it unless I give them a dog to wear it (their head disappears) but even then they won't turn into a baby, just do what they normally do no matter how happy the chao is, I even petted it over 100 times and still nothing
Yes they need a skeleton dog. If nothing is happening when your chao puts on the pacifier, is the chao already a baby? Is the code enabled?
The code is on for sure and is indeed not a baby & yes is fully happy
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Maybe you have too much items in your garden. The chao can't reincarnate if there is no space for the eggshell.
ChiChi
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChiChi »

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:Maybe you have too much items in your garden. The chao can't reincarnate if there is no space for the eggshell.

No other egg shells, she is alone in the dark garden and no fruit is on the floor yet
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

ChiChi wrote:
ChaoGardenBuster wrote:Maybe you have too much items in your garden. The chao can't reincarnate if there is no space for the eggshell.

No other egg shells, she is alone in the dark garden and no fruit is on the floor yet
all you have to do is

the chao must evolve first, then give the skeleton dog to wear hat (cause a pacifier is a hat)
if nothing happen, that mean he don't have enough happiness, so pet him alot and try again
if you give the chao the pacifier and he end up like no head at all, that mean you didn't enable the code, so go check in modloader :blink:

other than that, wait atleast 2,3 seconds after he wear the pacifier to see reincarnation happen

edit : be sure it's not chaos chao/character chao
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChiChi
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChiChi »

DarkyBenji wrote:
ChiChi wrote:

all you have to do is

the chao must evolve first, then give the skeleton dog to wear hat (cause a pacifier is a hat)
if nothing happen, that mean he don't have enough happiness, so pet him alot and try again
if you give the chao the pacifier and he end up like no head at all, that mean you didn't enable the code, so go check in modloader :blink:

other than that, wait atleast 2,3 seconds after he wear the pacifier to see reincarnation happen
I had to take the code off and re-put it back on to work. Either way it was funny having a chao with no head, limbs or feet (raccoon arms glitch to not being seen when evolved)
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

ChiChi wrote: I had to take the code off and re-put it back on to work. Either way it was funny having a chao with no head, limbs or feet (raccoon arms glitch to not being seen when evolved)
oh if you don't enable the code Pacifier remade Baby Chao, you can actually have a chao with no head, which is funny and keep it

this code was made for some people who evolve the chao badly by mistake (ex : wanted the chao to evolve run type, nope the chao evolve to fly type)

about raccoon arms, it's a glitch i can't fix it except removing all the color i added in the exe (and i'm not going to do that for many reason)
ChiChi
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChiChi »

DarkyBenji wrote:
ChiChi wrote: I had to take the code off and re-put it back on to work. Either way it was funny having a chao with no head, limbs or feet (raccoon arms glitch to not being seen when evolved)
oh if you don't enable the code Pacifier remade Baby Chao, you can actually have a chao with no head, which is funny

this code was made for some people who evolve the chao badly by mistake (ex : wanted the chao to evolve run type, nope the chao evolve to fly type)

about raccoon arms, it's a glitch i can't fix it except removing all the color i added in the exe (and i'm not going to do that for many reason)

Please don't ever fix that, I can make my chao look like a floating torso or a floating eye now. Or look like an orange ghost from Luigi's mansion. The wonders of mistakes :D
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

ChiChi wrote:Please don't ever fix that, I can make my chao look like a floating torso or a floating eye now. Or look like an orange ghost from Luigi's mansion. The wonders of mistakes :D
alright understood :blink:
ChiChi
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by ChiChi »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =623352848

Headless chao btw for those who want to see. The pacifierwill show up when it is climbing or swimming, otherwise it is pointed down into its torso
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Wow, such a nice day in the chao garden today!
Spoiler:
Chao are talking and playing with each other, it's so active!

But you think this is all fun and games...

Chao might be friends and all, but there's also bullies around.

Don't worry though! If you have a hero chao in the garden, the hero can stop the bully!

But there's also something you should note...

After all those days of leaving that stubborn chao that can't swim in the water...that chao can actually drown now and DIE!! So be careful and don't leave your chao in the water! (This is a chaos chao and chaos chao are suppose to be immortal, so don't worry this will be fixed in the release)
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.1

Post by DarkyBenji »

A new version is coming !
Chao world extended v7.1

this update will fix some problem, and add new stuff, more like it will bring back so many unused stuff into the game

let's start with : what is fixed/updated

Fixed:
- sonic2app.exe is now required ONLY for code that use more chao color (Mixing color, Normal chao can make color chao)
all the fixed issue (light chao garden, tree seed, hero fruit, fixed spawn in hero Garden this one is new) are now in chao world extended main code

this will fix problem for people that use a different exe OR have difficulty to run a custom exe :blink:

Updated:
- Hunger difficult and Chao attention are less difficult than before because of the new hard codes below
- Fruit never disappear work now with Chao world time/weather
- Chao world time/weather can now change if you save by pause > quit
- Guess chao code (this code is in chao world extended main code) block now fusion chao edit to edit chao type of guess chao
- Choose medal : you can now change medal of the chao only in kidergarten, this will help player to not edit all 24 chao medal the same time

- More chao animation : this code got a hug update, alot of chao animation are added :
sometime chao look around while running
chao can talk to other chao (beta)
chao can shake tree if they are hungry and have enough power (beta)
chao can climb not problem if they have enough power
chao can fly around the garden if they have enough fly (they will try to fly but fail if they don't have enough fly)
you can see a difference between a chao calm and a energetic chao

What is added/removed

Removed :
- 16 Chao in hero garden
- Load 16 for each garden
- True Hero/dark Chao love
- buster race : for futur reason
- secret challenger race : for futur reason
- use numpad to switch chao skin/save

Added :
new type of code : Save Code
- Multi Savefile : each file of SA2 will use a different chao world save now, so you can have 10 different chao save and switch by going to option (in SA2)

- Hold X to go "Inverse Chao Save" : this code is.. kinda special, remember the old mod Black chao mode ? well this mod become a code, to enter, all you have to is hold x before enter chao world (like L/R for alt character)
the game will create a new save (SONIC2B__BLK) and load black chao skin (neut and hero will become black, the dark chao will become white)
Spoiler:
if you already create a save of black chao, before install the update go to mods\ChaoWorldExtended\BlackChao\gd_PC\SAVEDATA, pick your SONIC2B__ALF, rename to SONIC2B__BLK and put it in Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA
you should have now SONIC2B__ALF (your original chao save) and SONIC2B__BLK (the inverse chao save) in Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA

- Advanced code : Dynamix Lifetime : this code was in 7.0 but not information was given kinda, this code edit chao lifetime depending how many chao is in the garden
if you have less than 8 chao in garden, the chao will grow and evolve FASTER
if you have more than 8 in garden, the chao will grow and evolve SLOWER

- Hard Code : Bully Chao : this code will allow dark/mean chao attack OTHER chao if you ignore them
if the chao got hit, he will lose happiness, so pay attention
lucky this code will also make hero chao defending your chao, if a dark chao decide to attack, there is a chance that a hero chao will stop him
(you need more animation code to make this one work)

- Hard Code : Chao can Drown : if the chao don't know how to swim and go to water, he will start losing happiness very slowy, BUT if his happiness reach 0, the chao... drown, and a gray cocon will appear
you can still save them by enter/exit garden (classic :blink: )

- Bonus code : Load 16 chao in hero and dark garden : THIS is the reason why ther other 16 chao codes are removed,
the chao garden have problem with 16 chao, so only dark and hero will have 16 chao
how that work ? simple, the chao that live in hero/dark garden will be here if you go to dark/hero garden

New type of code : Anti Cheat
- Nerf cheated chao stats : this code will edit the chao stats and make them "legit" as possible if you used cheat code (disable level limit) or edit stats with fusion chao editor
this will be helpful for some futur mod/event that will not allow cheat chao

- Detail Code : Doctor Chao give more information (English only)
this code will make the doctor say other text than very healthful
some of them are really helpful, like the doctor can say if your chao is lucky/smart

- Race Code : Jewel Race become 8 chao party Race
this code... eh.. is made for chao race championship, it actually require chao fusion edit to use it, all you have to do is select jewel race, a random chao, and a race
when the race start you will see 8 of your chao in the race
Spoiler:
the 8 chao are selected here : Image

and that's all !
the new update will be release 02/03/2016 (d/m/y) with Lobby pack

about lobby pack :
Spoiler:
lobby pack will be a pack with all custom chao lobby i made/found :
*Lobby Pack - Aqua Lobby by darkybenji
Lobby Pack - Blue Lobby by darkybenji
*Lobby Pack - Cartoon Lobby by darkybenji
*Lobby Pack - Day Lobby by darkybenji
*Lobby Pack - Gallery Lobby by darkybenji
Lobby Pack - Halloween by chaogardenbuster
*Lobby Pack - Laboratory Lobby by darkybenji
*Lobby Pack - Starlight Lobby by darkybenji
*Lobby Pack - Temple Lobby by darkybenji

the lobby with a * are the lobby that have code on it
- Use [name]Lobby Save/chao skin permanent : this code will load a special save for the lobby with his chao skin on it everytime you enter chao world
- Hold Y to Use [name]Lobby Save/chao skin : this code will load a special save for the lobby with his chao skin on it if you hold Y before enter chao world (like L/R for alt character)

for people that already create save for those lobby
for New chao World user (only in v6.8) : let's take a example for day lobby
1) go to mods\ChaoWorldExtended\.Save2 - Day Lobby\gd_PC\SAVEDATA
2a) pick the SONIC2B__ALF and rename to SONIC2B__DAY
3) put it in Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA
4) done !

2b) for people that use other/different lobby here's the list of what you should name the save
Day lobby : SONIC2B__DAY
Starlight Lobby : SONIC2B_STAR
Temple Lobby : SONIC2B__TPL
Cartoon Lobby : SONIC2B_TOON
Aqua lobby : SONIC2B_AQUA
Laboratory lobby : SONIC2B__LAB
Gallery Lobby : SONIC2B__GAL
then follow step 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for numpad user (only in v7)

go to Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA
and rename all the save number you created to lobby save
here's the list
key 0 : SONIC2B__ALF
key 1 : SONIC2B_1ALF to SONIC2B__DAY
key 2 ; SONIC2B_2ALF to SONIC2B_STAR
key 3 ; SONIC2B_3ALF to SONIC2B__TPL
key 4 ; SONIC2B_4ALF to SONIC2B_TOON
key 5 ; SONIC2B_5ALF to SONIC2B_AQUA
key 6 ; SONIC2B_6ALF to SONIC2B__LAB
key 7 ; SONIC2B_7ALF to SONIC2B__GAL

done !
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.1 : Coming soon!

This update makes your chao garden super active! Here's some more content of the chao talk.
Spoiler:

Looking at this screenshot here we can see that multiple chao can have conversations at once. Also chao can talk to anyone even if they're feeling sad.

It can happen standing up or sitting down! It's just the chao's preference.

Some chao may even want to listen in and find out what's going on!

Also if you're wondering why I have these screenshots of my own chao talking before the release that is because i'm a beta tester, this is my job. :darkblink:
chao guy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chao guy »

For some reasons some codes won't work for me like color mixing plz help i think its because chao garden extended code is not working even when its enabled! please tell me a way to fix this :herocry: :darksway: :cry:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

chao guy wrote:For some reasons some codes won't work for me like color mixing plz help i think its because chao garden extended code is not working even when its enabled! please tell me a way to fix this :herocry: :darksway: :cry:
did you click "install loader" in SA2modManager before Save and Play ?
are you using the custom sonic2app.exe ? (for mixing color code)
chao guy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chao guy »

DarkyBenji wrote:
chao guy wrote:For some reasons some codes won't work for me like color mixing plz help i think its because chao garden extended code is not working even when its enabled! please tell me a way to fix this :herocry: :darksway: :cry:
Loader was already installed but I Uninstaller and reinstalled just in case and I'm not sure about the custom exe but I will check :surprise:
chao guy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chao guy »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Loader was already installed but I Uninstaller and reinstalled just in case and I'm not sure about the custom exe but I will check :
chao guy wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:
Loader was already installed but I Uninstaller and reinstalled just in case and I'm not sure about the custom exe but I will check :surprise:
surprise: it wasn't a custom exe but even now it no work for some reason :darkno: but I can fix soon
MsXBlackRose
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by MsXBlackRose »

uuhm...the link is not working anymore. or is it just me? :thinking:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

MsXBlackRose wrote:uuhm...the link is not working anymore. or is it just me? :thinking:
indeed the mirror is broken
but the original (you have to click the DOWNLOAD image) is still working :blink:
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by arkhamtheknight1 »

So when is the update coming and what time will it be up since people live in different countries and won't know when to download it?
:sway: Sweet Sweet, You're So Sweet - Amy's Theme
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

arkhamtheknight1 wrote:So when is the update coming and what time will it be up since people live in different countries and won't know when to download it?
it's 12:30 for me, i will release it at ~15:00 (less than 15:00 if possible)
MsXBlackRose
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.1 : Chao can talk to Chao !

Post by MsXBlackRose »

It worked :)!! but when I click on codes, I dont have nearly as much codes as you do in the picture. how can I fix this? (sorry if the english is bad, i'm dutch)