Chao Breesing Confusion!

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Galaxier
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: It isn't galaxy enough!

Chao Breesing Confusion!

Post by Galaxier »

So, I've breeded two of my Chao twice now. White Mono-Tone and a Normal Two-Tone, and their children are really really strange.

One of them, when hatched, looked like a Normal Two-Tone, but when I shifted it towards Dark, the highlights that should be red, were blue, with white at the end! I have no idea how this happened, and would like some information on why it may have done this

My second child, same parents, came out as a White Mono-Tone. But, like the other, when I shifted it towards Dark, it changed colors. But in this case, it's whole body shifted a pinkish color. Information on that would also help.

I'm also on mobile, so I can't really provide images. I can through email, though, if you need to see.

breeding*

Don't mind the misspelled title
Want to see my Chao and how they are?
I am currently trying to finish this, but you can still check it out! :chaohappy:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... p=drivesdk
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Chao Breesing Confusion!

Post by Mamkute »

You have found two pretty iconic Chao!

The first is a two-tone white Chao, which, unlike most other two-tones, is notable for looking identical to a normal two-tone at birth. You can see all the evolutions for it on the main site gallery. A two-tone white Chao looks identical to a normal Chao when it is any Hero evolution or a Chaos Chao (so it is recommended to evolve into a neutral or dark Chao to see the cool white highlights.) Note that at birth it looks normal, but a Neutral/Normal evolution looks quite different from a normal Chao's evolution.

The second is a Monotone Normal Chao. "Normal" is a color, and the ones from the gardens are all two-tone. This one is monotone, so its whole body is one color*, the base color for the Chao, but that color shifts based on the Chao's evolution. The Monotone Normal (sometimes abbreviated to MTN) Chao is really cool, since you can see its whole body changing, as you did. And the tell tale way of finding it is as you did, being born white and becoming red/pink when dark aligned. All Hero Chao (and Chaos Chao) just look monotone white, so Neutral and Dark are probably the way to go. Here are the pictures, comparing the MTN with a Normal Two-tone of the same evolution:
https://imgur.com/a/43T0K
(sorry for large watermark and such)

*The whole body isn't monotone, technically each body part (head, feet, arms, tail) are determined separately. Each body part is monotone, and generally the body parts are the same color, with some exceptions (usually Neutral/Swim stuff.)
https://chao.hippotank.com/forum/viewto ... 32&t=47946

(Monotone Normal, Shiny Monotone Normal, and Shiny Two-tone Normal are generally the hardest Chao to get through breeding. So congratulations!)
Galaxier
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: It isn't galaxy enough!

Post by Galaxier »

Thank you!
I was starting to think that Mono-Tone and Two-Tone genes were way more complicated... They're cool Chao, and I thank you for telling me!

(Another strange two-tone is the green, but I figured that out)
Want to see my Chao and how they are?
I am currently trying to finish this, but you can still check it out! :chaohappy:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... p=drivesdk
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Yeah two-tone green is kind of a weird one, since at birth it looks identical to monotone green. Petting with a dark character solves all those color/tone issues.

The weirdest part about monotone normal is the realizing that normal is a color. And that the color of normal is just the "base color" of the whole chao.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

Hey, are there any sort of odds as to breeding for a monotone Normal chao? Just curious.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

The simplest way to get a monotone normal chao is:

1) Breed a pure two-tone normal chao with a pure montone chao (from the Black Market)- color doesn't really matter, but white makes finding out if you got a monotone normal chao harder, so probably not white.

2) Breed those two chao a second time (or the same kinds of chao, if you don't want two sibling chao to be mating)

3) Breed the resulting chao of the first two steps. You will have a 1/8 chance of getting a monotone normal chao.

Not exactly great odds, but any more consistent odds requires another generation of chao involved.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Mamkute wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:36 pm You will have a 1/8 chance of getting a monotone normal chao.
1/8? Huh. Looks like I'm going to have to play Route 101 to grind for rings. or spend an hour constantly digging in Dry Canyon until I reach 999 rings, AND DO IT UNTIL I HAVE 10000 RINGS! Actually, I've been trying to reach 10,000 rings, but I keep buying heart fruits.

Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Striving to fully understand Chao

Post by Swate »

epcthunderfist987 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:51 pm 1/8? Huh. Looks like I'm going to have to play Route 101 to grind for rings. or spend an hour constantly digging in Dry Canyon until I reach 999 rings, AND DO IT UNTIL I HAVE 10000 RINGS! Actually, I've been trying to reach 10,000 rings, but I keep buying heart fruits.
No need! You only need enough for two Heart Fruits.

The game only saves when you exit Chao World entirely (via the lobby teleporter or pressing Start -> Exit option). You can give both Chao a Heart Fruit and have them go into mating mode, then leave Chao World without having them mate. This will save the game and make it remember they are both ready to mate. Then, go back in and breed them, and hatch the egg.

If you get a Monotone Normal on the first try, congratulations! Otherwise, reset the game by pressing the reset/power button on the console itself. This will make the game not save, and go back to when the two parents were ready to mate.

Then try again and again, until you hit that 1/8 chance. :cool:

If you don't want to do this method then that's okay, it's not a very realistic way of breeding (kind of like playing God a bit haha). But that option is there for you and saves you a lot of time grinding for Heart Fruit money, plus it's cleaner because you don't have to release any poor unwanted Chao.
heck yeah chao :cool:
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Swate wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:39 pm
epcthunderfist987 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:51 pm 1/8? Huh. Looks like I'm going to have to play Route 101 to grind for rings. or spend an hour constantly digging in Dry Canyon until I reach 999 rings, AND DO IT UNTIL I HAVE 10000 RINGS! Actually, I've been trying to reach 10,000 rings, but I keep buying heart fruits.
No need! You only need enough for two Heart Fruits.

The game only saves when you exit Chao World entirely (via the lobby teleporter or pressing Start -> Exit option). You can give both Chao a Heart Fruit and have them go into mating mode, then leave Chao World without having them mate. This will save the game and make it remember they are both ready to mate. Then, go back in and breed them, and hatch the egg.

If you get a Monotone Normal on the first try, congratulations! Otherwise, reset the game by pressing the reset/power button on the console itself. This will make the game not save, and go back to when the two parents were ready to mate.

Then try again and again, until you hit that 1/8 chance. :cool:

If you don't want to do this method then that's okay, it's not a very realistic way of breeding (kind of like playing God a bit haha). But that option is there for you and saves you a lot of time grinding for Heart Fruit money, plus it's cleaner because you don't have to release any poor unwanted Chao.
I've never really felt like that was something I should be doing. But I do think it would help try getting a Two-Tone Yellow. Thanks for the tip.

Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Swate »

That's fair, I admire an honest breeder. :)

And yeah, I did it for my Two-Tone Green... It didn't help that I wasn't aware of how similar Two-Tone Green and Mono-Tone Green look as newborns lol. I think I reset like 10 times before I had a think about what was happening.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

I don't like this method. I tried, and guess what? I didn't get my 600 rings back from resetting, and I got a gosh dang Shiny Two-Tone Yellow.

I tried again. Had to replay Route 101 just so I had 800 rings. I had 500 rings after reset. STILL GOT THE SAME RESULT!!! I don't like this method. I named the offspring using random Japanese characters.

Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Swate »

Are you sure you did it right?? You don't get your rings back for the two Heart Fruit but you don't have to buy any more than two.

Did you leave and save the Chao garden data first before you actually had the two Chao mate? Because otherwise it won't be happening correctly.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Rings in your wallet(which are part of the main game save, not the garden save, save as soon as you buy/sell anything, but what items you have in the gardens only save upon properly exiting Chao World. If you want to reset for getting the desired outcome of a Breeding attempt, you need to exit Chao World after dropping off the heart fruit but before the actual mating. Also, if your low on rings, selling an item at the Black Market and then resetting without exiting Chao World will give you the rings while having the item respawn in the Garden. The eggshell from the monotone egg you bought to start the process of breeding a Monotone Normal is probably a good place to start with this, but once you have enough rings, buying a gray beanie and then reselling it infinitely is the quickest way to get rings.

As for the actual breeding, here's some details as to why its a 1/8 chance of getting a monotone normal breeding the two off spring of the Starter and black market monotone chao:

Starter Chao are homozygous for normal coloring and two-tone.
Black market monotone are homozygous for their color and monotone.
The off spring of this combination will be heterozygous for color(normal/the color of the black market parent) and heterozygous for tone. It will have the color of its black maret parent because normal is recessive to all other colors and a 50/50 chance of being either monotone or two-tone.

Monotone normal need to be homozygous for normal coloring and can be either homozygous for monotone or heterozygous for tone.

Breeding the two first generation offspring, the second generation offspring has a:
1/2 chance of inheriting a normal color gene from each parent. It needs both to be normal colored, so its a 1/4 chance.
A 1/4 chance of being homozygous for two-tone, a 1/4 chance of being homozygous for monotone, and a 1/2 chance of being heterozygous for tone.
Since heterozygous for tone has a 50/50 chance of either tone, there's a 1/2 overall chance of beint monotone.
combining the 1/4 chance of being normal with the 1/2 chance of being monotone results in an overall 1/8 chance of being monotone normal.
Also, once you get a monotone normal, there's a 50/50 chance of it being either homozygous for monotone or heterozygous for tone.

If you repeat breeding the 2 first generation off spring until you have 2 monotone normals among the second generation offspring, and then mate the two monotone normals, the chances of more monotone normals are as such:
1/1: If both are homozygous for monotone.
3/4 if one is homozygous for monotone and the other is heterozygous for tone.
1/2 if both are heterozygous for tone.

Also, if you breed a single monotone normal back to its normal colored grandparent or another starter chao, the chance for more monotone normals are:
1/2 if the monotone normal is homozygous for monotone
1/4 if the monotone normal is heterozygous for tone.

So, once you have that first monotone normal, breeding for more becomes much easier, and if you have two monotone normals that are homozygous for monotone, you have true-breeding stock.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Swate wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 am Did you leave and save the Chao garden data first before you actually had the two Chao mate?
Whoops. I didn't leave the garden before breeding them.

Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Swate »

Make sure you leave the entire thing! Not just the garden, but go back to the level select. It has to come up with a big box that says "Saving Chao data...", otherwise it won't have saved!

Good luck with your Monotone Normal! I think I might try to get my first soon :D
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Swate wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:01 am Good luck with your Monotone Normal! I think I might try to get my first soon :D
I followed your advice, but instead of a monotone normal being the result, I got a Shiny Two-Tone Normal! I named him Hammy. He wears a bucket on his head.

Swate
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Swate »

epcthunderfist987 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:34 am I followed your advice, but instead of a monotone normal being the result, I got a Shiny Two-Tone Normal! I named him Hammy. He wears a bucket on his head.
:chaohappy:

Very nice! I hope Hammy has a great time in your garden :D

Any plans on what evolution you want him to be?
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Swate wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:28 am Any plans on what evolution you want him to be?
He's already evolved. He's a Neutral/Run. I don't know if he's reached his secondary evolution yet, because of the bucket, but he's the same as his monotone normal relative Peebs.