Something very strange...

Post here if you want help with Chao raising/breeding, or if you are a kind person that likes to help other people!
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 2 days old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Something very strange...

Post by Chao Professor »

Something incredibly weird happened to my chao, Azure. She was an unevolved hero-to-be an hour ago. Her bond with Tails was maxed out, and she had never met a dark character in her life. There were no dark fruits in the garden. I decided I wanted some time to pass, so I put Tails in the water and left to go do some things. I'm gone for no more than half an hour, and Tails is in the same place when I return.

Yet for some unknown reason, Azure is now a baby dark chao. Like, full-on. And she'll no longer respond to the whistle. So it would seem as if she's been abused, but she hasn't. How could it have happened from the water? I've never heard of abuse ocurring while the character is stationary.

I know the gardens can affect a chao's alignment, but this took place in the neutral garden. I have no idea what happened here, I've never encountered something like this. What I'd give to rewind and watch what happened. Any ideas on what might've shifted her alignment? She was 100% a baby hero when I left.
Image It's still thinking...
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: Something very strange...

Post by azureprism »

Can hunger or drowning affect alignment and character bonds?
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Post by Chao Professor »

Okay, so I actually managed to solve this and figure out what happened.

I had planted only trees with round fruit before I left. Azure doesn't like that fruit. Every time a chao picks up a fruit it doesn't like, its alignment shifts depending on which character is currently in the garden (hero to dark, dark to hero). I decided to test the effects of this through an editor. The chao's happiness will decrease by one, and it will also lose 1000 bonding points with whatever character's around (even if the chao picked up the fruit themselves, they still lose character bond!). So I guess Azure just kept going after round fruits which shifted her alignment to dark, and also made her hate Tails.

This was cool to discover, I actually never knew the wrong fruit could have such an impact.
Image It's still thinking...
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Mamkute »

Wow, that is cool. I also had never known that about disliked fruits. Pretty weird circumstances that get you to that point, but that is very good to know, as one of the unexpected ways a chao's evolution can shift- apparently quite drastically.