Which character do you like most in SA1/DX and/or SA2/B? (2)

This is the forum for discussion about the Sonic Adventure series (originally for Dreamcast and GameCube)! That's SA1, SA2, SADX, and SA2B! Post here for help, or just general chat about it!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
ZaxentoTheGreedy
Egg
Egg
Motto: Remember Kids! I have Cash Moneys and you don't! :D

Which character do you like most in SA1/DX and/or SA2/B? (2)

Post by ZaxentoTheGreedy »

SA1:Gamma

SA2:Shadow (Well, he had less Levels and all, but they were kind of better than a good chunk of Sonic's Levels, his Character Development was... well, it was decent, but not great.)

Joke Character Catagory:The genius at Sega that made everyone in SA2 Colourblind.
Mamkute
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Re: Which character do you like most in SA1/DX and/or SA2/B? (2)

Post by Mamkute »

As an actual character with development and a character arc and motives, I am of the opinion that E-102 Gamma is just about the best Sonic character ever.

I am also quite fond of Tails.

From gameplay though in SA2B, I would pretty much only use Sonic and Shadow, for levels and in Chao garden stuff.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

Chao Garden Wise in SADX: I use Sonic all the time.
Normal SADX: I try to only play the Sonic story until i finish it.
Chao Garden Wise in SA2B: Sonic for hero and Shadow for dark. Mostly Sonic which is odd since Shadow is my favorite Sonic character.
Normal SA2B: I actually hate all the types of stages. They're all pretty hard, but i guess Knuckles stages. They're just the most fun to me. Sonic and Shadow stages are frustrating, Rouge is one if my favorite Sonic characters but only like my 8th favorite and Tails and Eggman are pretty fun but Knuckles stages are the most fun to me. The only Knuckles stage i hate is Meteor Herd, was super fustrating and took like 30 minutes, plus my friend was at my house that day so she heard me rage really hard lol. I'm "meh" about Pumpkin Hill. It' has amazing music with kinda ok gameplay. HOLY FLIP THO I LOVE WILD CANYON! I haven't gotten done with Cannons Core yet, but the way the Rouge segment was.....i don't even wanna know how the Knuckles one is.
Got a bit off topic there, but here's a bonus one as a joke.
Big the cat is best SADX character 10/10 would play his story again. (I actually like Big. I have problems.)
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Post by krzys2 »

E-102 Gamma
One which deserves a good mention. His story had most development in my opinion, even tho it was shorter
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
Ivogoji
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Yosh!

Post by Ivogoji »

Knuckles was my consistent favorite across both Adventure games. I all A-ranked his stages first.
http://i53.tinypic.com/10xar6o.png
NachoThePikachu wrote:I WILL BE AN ADMINISTRATOR, RULING OVER CHAO ISLAND
except it WON'T BE CHAO ISLAND ANYMORE
IT'LL BE BANANA ISLAnD
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Post by azureprism »

The Adventure duology has my favourite version of Tails' characterisation, and who couldn't love Gamma? In terms of stages, I don't really mind most of them across both games, traditional Sonic gameplay, shooting or hunting, but if I had to choose a least favourite it'd be Rouge's stages. Only for three reasons though - Mad Space (the size and controls are insane - I doubt I'll ever be able to get As on missions 1 and 4), Security Hall (The first mission had me stuck for ages as a kid because of the the time limit) and Route 280 (I'm awful at the driving portions and will most likely never get Rouge's all As emblem or the normal and hard difficulty emblems for the minigame).

Then again, I'm also the same idiot that got stuck on Big's Twinkle Park for nearly a year because I didn't know how to hook a catch and didn't bother to reread the instructions to learn to press down.

Sometimes I wonder if I hate Mad Space and Route 280 more than I hate Sonic's Lost World, Crazy Gadget (love the innovation, I just struggle with the difficulty) and how frustrating it is to play Gamma with a keyboard instead of a controller, but then I remember that nothing's worse than SA1's flying animal mechanics.
ChillyChao wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:48 am (I actually like Big. I have problems.)
I have an unironic soft spot for Big as well. Please help me.
epcthunderfist987
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: They ruined my home!

Post by epcthunderfist987 »

I'd have to say Tails. Not because of how he plays in SA2B, but because he's been around since Sonic 2 came out. But I also like his mech from SA2B.

EDIT: CHANGED MY MIND! Shadow. I felt emotionally connected to him towards the end of the game, so seeing the ending made me have feelings of sadness, like he had actually died... And I had forgotten he was in games after SA2B for the moment. Then I remembered Shadow saying 'damn' in Shadow the Hedgehog, and got over it.
Last edited by epcthunderfist987 on Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crappi's Codec frequency: 149.87

Lyn's Codec frequency: 140.64
lilmop
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: can't get enough chao

Post by lilmop »

:herosurprise: In SADX, I guess it's Tails. His flying is limited, but it's still useful. Ironically, I don't like his stages..
:sway: In SA2, it's definetly Rouge. If I play with another character it's either 1) I got a chao key in their stage or 2) I'm trying to keep the chao neutral. Rouge best character.
For characters I *don't* like, at least in chao garden, in SADX I'd say Big and Gamma. :chaocry: I absolutely love these two, but for chao garden shenanigans they're just too big and dangerous. For SA2 it's Eggman. I just don't think he fits very well. :darkblah:
Under my rule, everyday is halloween! :darkhappy:
PinkIceFox
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: MOONS AND MUSHROOMS

Post by PinkIceFox »

I have two opinions for each section: Child me, and Adult me. My tastes differ at times.

Adventure/Child: Knuckles. Because I crushed on him major.
Adventure/Adult: Knuckles (because I like his stages for gathering animals), Amy (because I like playing as a girl and Amy is adorable as heck), and Big. THAT'S RIGHT. I LIKE BIG THE CAT. I like fishing in games. While Big's fishing is frustrating a lot, I loved the diversity of the fish you could catch. A lot of detail was put into Big's stages and stuff and it just fascinates me. Especially his ice level. It's so big and has so many hidden bits if you explore!

I like Tails in Adventure for one sole reason: His levels are hilariously fun to cheese through with flying. Especially his first level. He's far from my favorite though. It's just crazy funny for me to just jump off the path in the first stage and basically fly and free fall to the end. EAT MY DUST, SONIC.

Adventure 2/Child: Knuckles and Shadow. Because I crushed on them major.
Adventure 2/Adult: I like all of them, really. Though I'd say Knuckles, Rouge, and Eggman are my favorites to play as. I love emerald hunting and I just find it amusing to play as the series villain like that. I'm just sad I can't run around with them in places like Station Square. I miss my idiot shenanigans of Adventure in Adventure 2. One can only hope an Adventure 3 could combine the best parts of the more adventure-type sonic games...
Darn kids and their boost mode. In my day we had Spin Dash for speed AND WE LIKED IT.
100% Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, YEEHAW. Also ow, my sanity. But also yeehaw.
I need a new chao game like I need oxygen. Sega bby plz
Stargoon
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Stargoon »

Tails as a whole is my favourite Sonic character period, and I think he's at his absolute best in the Adventure games. He had such a nice character arc and I just love what the writers did with him back then. Sigh... Plus despite the wooden voice acting I think his voices are downright adorable there. (Plus, I know people call it strange, but it's just freaking cool that he gets a mech in the second game.)
Otherwise, I really like Gamma as he's a very well-written character too, and I've even always liked Tikal despite never quite understanding Sonic Adventure's lore as a kid. Considering the absolutely screwed continuity Sonic has nowadays, I'm genuinely surprised and thankful the writers have never brought either of the two back to life.
I loved Sonic himself back in the Adventure games - I grew up with them (along with, like, vague pieces of Heroes and Unleashed), so that's my idea of how Sonic should act and everything. But nowadays... Modern Sonic is just really eh to me. Same with Knuckles, I've always loved the primary colour boys in general, and Knuckles was best in the Adventure era. Plus the raps are... a guilty pleasure. Rouge is nice too, I always just thought she was pretty and I like her voice in Adventure 2.
I also have a soft spot for Big but his stages can burn.

Gameplay-wise, Tails is my favourite to play as in SA1 minus the actual racing part (so like... reskinned Sonic), and he would be in SA2 if the mech controls weren't so... bad. I use him and Rouge exclusively in the Chao Garden. Gamma is also really fun.
In SA2 I guess it'd have to be Sonic and Shadow for favourite playable characters. Knuckles in both games and Rouge in 2 are fun to play but the emerald hunting stages in 2 are... really... aggravating.